Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:17 pm

ep 2 out

I think the characters' personalities are exaggerated a bit too much, but it's still interesting. Couple things that still confuse me
Spoiler :
So there's only 6 "boss" demons they have to defeat? but when a person dies who was on the website their phone spawns trash demons or something? I wish they had explained things a little better. Evil organization of bad guys trying to destroy the world, that's pretty much all we know and they have 6 (or is it 5 now) demons that will do that somehow. It's really stereotypical with no real explanation. Maybe I'm spoiled by Zetsuen no Tempest as that explained every little thing that happened lol.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 pm

This was pretty nice episode, a bit confusing though

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:26 am

Pretty enjoyable ep, didn't leave as big an impression as ep 1 did tough. Im enjoying how its playing out like a zombie survival [/pun] movie except the zombie are Persona. Hope it keeps that idea at least somewhat throughout, though Im expecting the situation to shift a bit.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Episode two was rather enjoyable. Especially the second half. :up:
I don't like how the show is treating Daichi as the weaker and character that just whines.
ImageImage

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:48 am

as a JRPG fan I'm worried that this will ruin the game for me? Any thoughts on that by people who have finished the game? It's only just recently been released in PAL-land I think... or coming soon at least.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:22 pm

OropherZero wrote:as a JRPG fan I'm worried that this will ruin the game for me? Any thoughts on that by people who have finished the game? It's only just recently been released in PAL-land I think... or coming soon at least.
I haven't played the game, but I know that it has multiple endings and this being a 13 ep show, we're probably only going to get one. So there's that...

Ep 3 was pretty cool. I stupidly laughed at the word 'cracker' the first few times it was brought up. I hope Daichi gets a chance to shine with his Avatars soon... I'll give him mondo points for hijacking a track and crashing it into the creature in ep one, but he's been pretty lame ever since.
Spoiler :
I really wish that the ep count was longer though, since even without playing the game things feel a bit rushed. Killing off Keita just doean't leave as much of an impact when we just met him in that episode, and the boss fight could have been quite a bit more epic. I'm still enjoying it quite a bit, however.
Oh, also Sentai licensed this today, so thats cool.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:26 pm

OropherZero wrote:as a JRPG fan I'm worried that this will ruin the game for me? Any thoughts on that by people who have finished the game? It's only just recently been released in PAL-land I think... or coming soon at least.
You might want to play the game first. I'm assuming that they are going to go with the canonical ending, and you are going to basically get the gist of the power that fuels all of the potential endings.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Now that episode was screwing with my, just ending it like that

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Fri May 03, 2013 12:23 am

Episode 5 gave it a great start I like where this is going.
Spoiler :
Now it's character introduction and the beginning of the actual plot.

I like how the made the characters look badass in this episode At first I was wondering where this was going, but now I can see.

I love it when animes starts of slow and confusing a little and then release the plot in a later episode :D

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:19 am

To me the characters in this series are too stereotypical and not really interesting. You have the stereotypical main character who wants to save everyone, you have his best friend who is useless for the most part and telling the MC to save himself. And then you got the girl who is not really doing a whole lot either except crying or worrying about someone. None of the side characters are interesting either.

I'll probably continue watching the episodes just as time-killers but I'm a little disappointed.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”