early morning doughnuts...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
imp
Org Profile

early morning doughnuts...

Post by imp » Thu May 02, 2013 8:01 am

Started this project like 6 months ago...
then forgot about it because I focused on the entry for animecon, the Hague, contest.

Finally complete and up-to-date:
http://amv.impdevelopment.eu

NotReallyHere
The Macho Man
Org Profile

Re: early morning doughnuts...

Post by NotReallyHere » Thu May 02, 2013 11:51 am

Heya!

Overall this is a big improvement from the beta-version you send me yesterday. Now I actually get the story without asking lol. The intermezzo felt a bit out of place (but I guess its a remnant of the old vid since you kinda rushed this). Another thing I'm fairly sure you'd be able to fix if you don't rush it is the lipflap. I mean, it looks like it's supposed to be a silent movie, so having mouths move feels wrong lol (ok, apparently they move their mouths in silent movies after all and its just my internal weirdness). It was a good watch tho and I enjoyed it, so keep up the good work! :)

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm

I'd be lying if I said the title wasn't the primary thing that attracted me to this thread >.>
I'm a bad person, I know.

Anyways, this is an interesting video. I'm not a big fan of the monogatari videos since they all tend to be dance music and weird sync with no rhyme or reason but this video actually kind of had a plot! O:
It would have been nice to see you try and capture the atmosphere of the song a bit better beyond just grey-scaling the footage. Some distortion and more creepy-ish scenes as opposed to random characters standing there. When the song was building up there was really no change in pace or editing either. I had the feeling, that based on the song, that I should be feeling more tense and disturbed as it went on, like it was building to something incredibly odd and fucked up. And it does end with something odd and fucked up when she kills him. But there is no tension. No build up. It's just kind of scenes and scenes and scenes until it happens. More atmosphere, buildup and tension would have MADE this ;_;

Beyond that while I understood the lip flap in certain scenes, sometimes you had a character that wasn't "talking" full on lip flapping and that was really annoying but minor compared to the stuff above.

Overall it wasn't bad but holy crap it could've been really cool. Keep trying pretty please :3

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Thu May 02, 2013 9:08 pm

that was so weird and awesome dude just the way I like em!
the beginning was kinda meehh but when the donut story started taking place I giggled, don't know if you meant this video to be creepy but it was mostly comedic to me, so :donut:
#we need a donut icon
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

imp
Org Profile

Post by imp » Fri May 03, 2013 3:37 am

NotReallyHere wrote:Heya!

Overall this is a big improvement from the beta-version you send me yesterday. Now I actually get the story without asking lol. The intermezzo felt a bit out of place (but I guess its a remnant of the old vid since you kinda rushed this). Another thing I'm fairly sure you'd be able to fix if you don't rush it is the lipflap. I mean, it looks like it's supposed to be a silent movie, so having mouths move feels wrong lol (ok, apparently they move their mouths in silent movies after all and its just my internal weirdness). It was a good watch tho and I enjoyed it, so keep up the good work! :)
Thanks dude! didn't know what to do with the intermezzo... and I was running out of dougnut scenes TT.TT
I'll take more time from now on ^^
Radical_Yue wrote:I'd be lying if I said the title wasn't the primary thing that attracted me to this thread >.>
I'm a bad person, I know.

Anyways, this is an interesting video. I'm not a big fan of the monogatari videos since they all tend to be dance music and weird sync with no rhyme or reason but this video actually kind of had a plot! O:
It would have been nice to see you try and capture the atmosphere of the song a bit better beyond just grey-scaling the footage. Some distortion and more creepy-ish scenes as opposed to random characters standing there. When the song was building up there was really no change in pace or editing either. I had the feeling, that based on the song, that I should be feeling more tense and disturbed as it went on, like it was building to something incredibly odd and fucked up. And it does end with something odd and fucked up when she kills him. But there is no tension. No build up. It's just kind of scenes and scenes and scenes until it happens. More atmosphere, buildup and tension would have MADE this ;_;

Beyond that while I understood the lip flap in certain scenes, sometimes you had a character that wasn't "talking" full on lip flapping and that was really annoying but minor compared to the stuff above.

Overall it wasn't bad but holy crap it could've been really cool. Keep trying pretty please :3
Thanks a lot! But tbh, I don't know that shit, how to build atmosphere... I guess I just have to keep trying.

chit wrote:that was so weird and awesome dude just the way I like em!
the beginning was kinda meehh but when the donut story started taking place I giggled, don't know if you meant this video to be creepy but it was mostly comedic to me, so :donut:
#we need a donut icon
:D nice to see you enjoyed it,
the "previous" version of this amv was meant to be creepy... but then I wanted doughnuts, and well...accidently replaced one and a half minute.
yes, we do

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:40 pm

not bad, the combination of music and story gave it a creepy yet humorous feeling at the same time... who knew that was even possible.

I kind of agree with Yue's comments about the build up and lip flap, but don't let it get you down too much. I still think you did a good job with this (b^.^)b

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sun May 05, 2013 4:19 pm

I really love the style of this video. The lip flap only bothered me before it really took on the silent movie aspect and after that it seemed fitting enough and wasn't an issue. The start really helps to build up the mood, but doesn't really seemed connected as a whole, at least the first 30 seconds with Tsukihi that is, since she doesn't really play any part in the story. Overall it was pretty good though. |:>

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue May 07, 2013 12:15 pm

What.

Well that was really cool, actually. Definitely an experimental video, and definitely one where I feel that blanket filters are appropriate, because it fit the atmosphere. Not a video that took itself too seriously, but in a good kind of way.

Also, I now know not to trust girls that like donuts :uhoh:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Wed May 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Them donuts was tainted
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

imp
Org Profile

Post by imp » Thu May 09, 2013 5:26 am

EimiJ7 wrote:not bad, the combination of music and story gave it a creepy yet humorous feeling at the same time... who knew that was even possible.
thanks, well, I didn't know it'd be possible either ^^;
Shin-AMV wrote:I really love the style of this video. The lip flap only bothered me before it really took on the silent movie aspect and after that it seemed fitting enough and wasn't an issue. The start really helps to build up the mood, but doesn't really seemed connected as a whole, at least the first 30 seconds with Tsukihi that is, since she doesn't really play any part in the story. Overall it was pretty good though. |:>
Thanks! I'll do my best on the lipflaps next time.
Tsukihi in the beginning... there was no fitting scene with Shinobu :<
Otohiko wrote:What.

Well that was really cool, actually. Definitely an experimental video, and definitely one where I feel that blanket filters are appropriate, because it fit the atmosphere. Not a video that took itself too seriously, but in a good kind of way.

Also, I now know not to trust girls that like donuts :uhoh:
heh, thanks! And yes, you better watch out for those girls.
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Them donuts was tainted
No :< they are really delicious! I swear, nobody tampered with them and there's no clear evidence that they might be impure.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”