Sword Art Online

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by AceD » Wed May 01, 2013 5:54 pm

OmNomNomAttack wrote:I have seen this anime almost fifty times now
OmNomNomAttack wrote:and I have to say, the replayability is high in my oppinion.
Fifty times? :uhoh:

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:33 am

AceD wrote:
OmNomNomAttack wrote:and I have to say, the replayability is high in my oppinion.
I find it hard to believe people will watch it more than once.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Thu May 02, 2013 7:24 am

Eake4 wrote:
AceD wrote:
I find it hard to believe people will watch it more than once.
Especially the second part...
I myself have watched it twice for the sake of editting but I just hate the second half. I do like the anime and I enjoyed it a lot when it aired but if I were to look at it from like writer's perspective I wouldn't give it a high score.
ImageImage

TEKnician
Org Profile

Sword Art Online

Post by TEKnician » Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 pm

When I saw new posts on this section, I thought you guys might be talking about a SAO movie.

Damn.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun May 05, 2013 3:14 am

It's a very rare occasion normally that I don't like a show that's really popular but short (the popular long ones - not really). This is probably the first example I've had where I just genuinely did not like a short, popular show at all besides maybe an episode here and there, and the premise.
And its nothing against the studio, because I'm sure they adapted the novels well enough. I normally really like this studio, anyways. Just... just feels really weird to really not like something that's popular and has very little hate (as far as I know).
If anything, I'll give the show kudos for an excellent soundtrack and pretty sweet animation. But yeah. :uhoh:

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun May 05, 2013 3:57 am

EkaCoralian wrote:It's a very rare occasion normally that I don't like a show that's really popular but short (the popular long ones - not really). This is probably the first example I've had where I just genuinely did not like a short, popular show at all besides maybe an episode here and there, and the premise.
And its nothing against the studio, because I'm sure they adapted the novels well enough. I normally really like this studio, anyways. Just... just feels really weird to really not like something that's popular and has very little hate (as far as I know).
If anything, I'll give the show kudos for an excellent soundtrack and pretty sweet animation. But yeah. :uhoh:
It might have something to do with the fact that even the author himself said that he doesn't think it's good. :)
There is a youtube channel DraconisMarchVII where the guy critiques the whole anime. There's three parts that are around 15 minutes long each. If you wanna watch it then look for "Review/Analysis: Sword Art Online | Part 1-3". People that can't take honest critique about the things they like probably should watch it since it would just make them mad. :)
ImageImage

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon May 06, 2013 6:02 am

EkaCoralian wrote:Just... just feels really weird to really not like something that's popular and has very little hate (as far as I know).
Actually this show seems to have a pretty big hatedom as well. The way people go at it, almost seems like there as many people who loathe it as there are people who love it.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:11 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:
EkaCoralian wrote:Just... just feels really weird to really not like something that's popular and has very little hate (as far as I know).
Actually this show seems to have a pretty big hatedom as well. The way people go at it, almost seems like there as many people who loathe it as there are people who love it.
The inner hipster has come forth breaking free from all this bullcrap chain binding them because of the soundtrack.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon May 06, 2013 10:02 am

I, personally, really liked the concept a lot more than the anime. I'd like to see another series like this, but with longer arcs like One Piece/Naruto/DBZ. There's just so many aspects that the idea could have explored, I was disappointed it was just a really angsty love story.

I still liked it though. Especially the soundtrack. Dem ops/eds. <3

OmNomNomAttack
Org Profile

Post by OmNomNomAttack » Mon May 06, 2013 9:20 pm

ibabrak wrote:
Eake4 wrote:
AceD wrote: I find it hard to believe people will watch it more than once.
Especially the second part...
I myself have watched it twice for the sake of editting but I just hate the second half. I do like the anime and I enjoyed it a lot when it aired but if I were to look at it from like writer's perspective I wouldn't give it a high score.
Yes, I have seen it fifty times <<or there abouts>> I have a lot of free time. While I respect that people can't believe someone would go to such lengths, it is my oppinion that this is a great show. Yes, there is quite a few flaws that would make it off putting for people to watch but I would rather overlook its flaws to the show I love.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”