The Night of Destinies

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Geroth
Org Profile

The Night of Destinies

Post by Geroth » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:40 pm

My newest amv based on Oda Nobuna no Yabou. I've tried to make this a little more cheerful than my usual works and I think it turned out pretty well.
Too bad I wasn't able to include more of Hanzo, the guy is a bad-ass :D.

--- Youtube ---

Any feedback would be appreciated ;).

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Re: The Night of Destinies

Post by Eake4 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:24 am

some syncs were spot on, although I would recommend sticking to continuing it instead of stopping the sync since the music is repetitive.
Personally I believe on the climax of the audio you could've done some quicker cuts instead of letting the entire attack go through since it felt more like watching the same anime again.
The video contains parts where there are alot of graining while others have banding, that is a quality issue easily fixable with some of the guides.
I also strongly believe effects like colour correction and some fades could greatly improve the dramatic side of the amv.
Last edited by Eake4 on Wed May 01, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotReallyHere
The Macho Man
Org Profile

Post by NotReallyHere » Wed May 01, 2013 4:14 am

Some of the syncs (especially in the last 30 seconds) were indeed spot-on, so good job on that.
I did feel as if the beginning was a bit too slow and I was looking at people in the same pose for a bit too long. Some more scenes/scenes with movement in them would be better I think.
Overall a pretty nice vid though! :)

Geroth
Org Profile

Post by Geroth » Wed May 01, 2013 9:39 am

Thank you for the comments!
About the graining/banding... do you mean the scenes at for example 0:35 and 0:57? Those were intentionally added effects from my side to make it look like a memory/more dramatic. Maybe it didn't do the job well enough.
For the flow of the video I've tried to have a slow and colorful start gradually becoming darker and more intensive before the climatic end, though I was afraid of overdoing it with the color correction.

Thanks again, I will try to do better with my next video :).

Spaintakula
Org Profile

Post by Spaintakula » Thu May 02, 2013 11:25 am

It was great,made it even more great since song was instrumental ...makes it tougher for it to edit with.Even though i havent watched this anime,your video actually made me consider actually watching it...(which doesnt happen a lot xD )...But still great job on doing this :D

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”