The a-m-v.org awkward newbie phase

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: The a-m-v.org awkward newbie phase

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Besides announcing that horrible Evangelion Shakira AMV and expecting high praise for such a unique concept? (By the way, if anyone has a copy of that, I'd love to see it again XD) :lol:

I mostly remember being absolutely terrified users that had custom titles. I thought they were all admins/mods/etc. and that they were power users or something that could ban me for disagreeing with them or not liking their videos. :uhoh:

I also:

1) Wrote HORRIBLE opinions giving pretty much everyone 10/10 if they barely tried
2) Disagreed with any sort of feedback ever.

So yeah, typical stuff. |:>

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:21 pm

I asked awkward rhetorical questions nobody was supposed to answer truthfully, like "what's the site approved way to get source before R2s are released?" :awesome:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Checked a few pages of old posts of mine, and my avs scripts from back then are quite embarassing. Oh boy, I almost get the urge to redact the posts before somebody might think it'd be a good idea to use them. :uhoh:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:51 pm

mirkosp wrote:Checked a few pages of old posts of mine, and my avs scripts from back then are quite embarassing. Oh boy, I almost get the urge to redact the posts before somebody might think it'd be a good idea to use them. :uhoh:
NERRRRRRRDDDDDD
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Koopiskeva wrote: Still newbie and awkward here o:
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Good read. :up:

(I'm still a noob)

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:39 pm

I necroposted a bunch of stuff without realizing it, and then someone insulted me and hurt my feelings, so I left the org and never came back.
ImageImage

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Kimberly wrote:I necroposted a bunch of stuff without realizing it, and then someone insulted me and hurt my feelings, so I left the org and never came back.
Totally a shame. It would have been nice to have you here, at least for this thread. :(

Also, I think we got a necromancer :sorcerer: for necroposts now.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:44 pm

Well, I remember signing up for the site and not touching the forums until 2005 when I became coordinator of Youmacon's AMV Contest. First post was thanking Medieval for posting the rules for me because I was a silly noob and didn't think to post the rules to THE amv site in the US. Apparently, I didn't realize I had a forum account either. (what ever happened to brsrk anyway?)

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 12#p718612

Then I went and posted my newest and greatest hottest AMV in the announcements forums (first time too!) and it was a gif video and has branded me ever since! I didn't even use vidid or anything (don't remember if that was available back then or not...) Apparently people hated my use of text in vids back then as well. Forever alone wolf liked it tho, so it's obvious even back then that we'd get along :D

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 93#p718993

I then apparently got active posting in lots of contest threads and trying to promote my own contests... I forgot I had tried to get MJ up to Detroit for an H IC. It is interesting seeing my current avatar in place for my posts back then. Fun times.

Still don't think I ever grew out of the awkward phase though....
ImageImageImageImage

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 am

Cannonaire wrote:
Kimberly wrote:I necroposted a bunch of stuff without realizing it, and then someone insulted me and hurt my feelings, so I left the org and never came back.
Totally a shame. It would have been nice to have you here, at least for this thread. :(
I know right? I think my post would say something like, "I necroposted a bunch of stuff without realizing it, and then someone insulted me and hurt my feelings, so I left the org and never came back...until now."
ImageImage

Return to “General AMV”