The a-m-v.org awkward newbie phase

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Re: The a-m-v.org awkward newbie phase

Post by AceD » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I originally signed up for this site (hence my early reg date) trying to look for hosting when I was getting kicked off my server. My profile originally said "Boo-urns".

Luckily, that happened 2 years later.

My string of embarrassing moments came much later after that... :uhoh:
I made my account, because your server might of being going down...that's why my signup is so early as well. :uhoh: Well my sign up is probably when your server finally did go in fact.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Ugh...

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =4&t=81799

Just about any of my early posts
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Kristyrat wrote:I think I should have avoided the forums in the beginning, at least until I got the whole "social interaction with people over the internet" thing down. I was pretty impatient and demanding :uhoh:
:up:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:12 pm

I think for the most part I avoided newbing it up on *this* forum, but there are others that I can certainly say I am embarrassed by. The megatokyo forum comes to mind >_>

When I joined this forum I ignored the forum part and lurked in the IRC for years before I ever posted, and I apparently had forgotten my "ZephyrStar" login, so I went by "hoshinokaze" for a couple of years until I bugged the mods enough (sorry) for them to unlock and give me back my old login. Even though two logins are not allowed. (to be fair, I never used the 2nd one after that).

Then Koop started calling me hoshinolamenobody. |:>

I'm sure there are some fairly embarrassing IRC logs around...

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:45 pm

When I first heard of hosatchel I thought it was actually hosatchel and not boochsack youtube and thus

I also thought godix's sig about that one editor's profile sucking so bad was actually my profile so I changed my profile because of it and checked the next day to see if it still linked to my profile and realized it was some script or such and just lol'd.

It actually seems I was trying to be quite helpful even if my suggestions were a bit stupid.

I also joined all the meps (quite a bit anyways) despite only contributing to a couple.

Ahh, those were the days.
Under Construction

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:08 pm

When I was first part of the org I was actually really shy. I was really scared to hear someone say "OMG YOUR AMV IS AWFUL NEVER MAKE AMVs AGAIN" :sweat: . I actually downloaded AMV to check them out and I updated my youtube a lot more (my 1st youtube account).

This is actually my first post.... http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 15&t=70582
ImageImage
ImageImage

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:17 pm

I uploaded my first (halfway decent) AMV in the wrong aspect ratio. By the time I got it taken down, fixed and reuploaded, no one else viewed it or left a single comment on it. So all the feedback I got was on something that I'd put a lot of work into but ultimately looked like garbage.

During the hour or so that it was available for download, someone here did download it and then put it up on Youtube. That version now has over 2,000 views while the one on my channel with the correct AR (which doesn't even show up in Youtube search results) has only 157.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Well, starting out, I basically did three things that I look back on as rather "newbish" and awkward:

- First was not necessarily because my earliest AMVs use WMM, but I started out rendering my sources using DVD2AVI straight-up. Luckily, quite a few people in IRC steered me on the right path, and I started using more lossless reencodes and AVISynth further down the road.

- Second was using extended stops in my video footage while the music still went on. I look back on the videos I did that with (Rumic Aja comes to mind), and now I wonder why I did that. I just can't remember anymore. :?

- Lastly was a rather cheesy "Prototype/Production" label I used to give my videos. Initially, I didn't think much of it, but now I think it's rather tasteless (not to mention the animatics I used are rather bleh-looking).

Given the time and the opportunity, I will be remastering these older videos -- even though they are rather cringe-worthy right now, I still like the ideas in them. Just need to give them a more ... "modern" perspective :roll:
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:59 pm

8bit_samurai wrote:When I first heard of hosatchel I thought it was actually hosatchel and not boochsack youtube and thus ...

Yep...

Return to “General AMV”