Love and Space (Macross Frontier)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.

The Chojin II
Org Profile

Re: Love and Space (Macross Frontier)

Post by The Chojin II » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:38 pm

I never watched any Macross and busy videos like this normally don't capture my attention, but I thought you did a good job of establishing some visual motifs to draw the eye in. I could identify characters, their possible relationships, and actions as the video progressed. Technically very proficient and the synch with the music was very tight, at points I thought this would make a strong "opening credits" video. Which sums my thoughts on it really, great action and visuals for an upbeat song that introduces you to a world.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Good Edit, Alien :up:

Concept is good and very enjoyable to watch. The effects weren't to insane and, you showed each side of that guy's love story. The one thing I would say to watch out for is your zooms. Some of them felt jarring and didn't fit.
Spoiler :
*Zoom-in at 0:15

*Zoom-in at 0:55

*Zoom-in and -out at 1:08

*Zoom-ins at 1:39 - 1:41

*Zoom-out at 2:52

Those are just a couple
I would also improve a bit on the transition wipes a bit. They were good, but didn't make me say "Wow!".

Despite that, I would say that, even if some of zooms were jarring, a lot of them caught my attention in a great way. 3:52 and 1:25 were definitely my favorites. Also, the beginning was amazing, it was subtle yet powerful. Wasn't focused on synching with the song and still started the AMV in a great way, like a performance. Concept was awesome, even though I hate that ending >.< (Just personal opinion... Guy has two girls waiting for him and they're standing there like he's god or something... Idk xD) I know someone's gonna disagree with me on this one but.... I did like the change up from Romance to Robotic Fighting at 1:59 because there was a follow-through with concern after the fighting. Anyway, your masking transitions were awesome, some I disagree with but... no one's perfect. :P And, whenever you did internal synching, it wasn't done in a bad way. Lastly... the transition at 2:48 when Ranka finds Sheryl kissing that guy could've been better. Just didn't like the way it looks... too abrupt for my tastes but the scenes following made up for that.

Needless to say, though, this one was a favorite of mine from yours. You did a great job with this one. :)

alien762
Org Profile

Post by alien762 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 am

Thank you very much for comments :D

As my usual i take the critisms\advices and i hope to realize a better work next time ;).

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:30 am

Gotta say that the tiny details in this video are really neat. I loved the fact that I was able to watch the video and have a grasp understanding of what was going on without knowing any Japanese. The timing, and scenes were right on and it was really something. To me, the minor nitpicks was the placement of the scenes, from the actual story of the anime, as I'm strongly familiar with the series. I guess I should toss that opinion out the window. :D

Otherwise, great job. Keep it up. :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”