Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:05 pm

xstylus wrote:
Cyrix wrote:Perhaps this has already been addressed somewhere in this thread, but I feel it's important enough it should be added to the original post and the official documents need to be updated. The official rules say you can submit three AMVs plus one trailer/parody, but the submission form says you can submit 2 + 1. Which is correct?


The rules on the website are correct. The submission form is not (that's my fault), but there's a bit of bureaucracy involved in getting the submission form corrected. So, if you wish to send 3+1, put your first three vids in the first submission form, then put your fourth vid in a second submission form.

What if you have 3 videos that are not comedy or trailer...and don't have the +1? :ying:
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby XStylus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:07 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:
xstylus wrote:
Cyrix wrote:Perhaps this has already been addressed somewhere in this thread, but I feel it's important enough it should be added to the original post and the official documents need to be updated. The official rules say you can submit three AMVs plus one trailer/parody, but the submission form says you can submit 2 + 1. Which is correct?


The rules on the website are correct. The submission form is not (that's my fault), but there's a bit of bureaucracy involved in getting the submission form corrected. So, if you wish to send 3+1, put your first three vids in the first submission form, then put your fourth vid in a second submission form.

What if you have 3 videos that are not comedy or trailer...and don't have the +1? :ying:


Same story. Use two submission forms. Put the first two on the first form, and put the third video on the second form.
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
User avatar
XStylus
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2001
Location: A quaint little village.
Status: Enjoying the salty air.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Cyrix » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Thanks for the clarification, xstylus. FYI, your original post for this thread says 2+1 (I had missed it in a different spoiler block than I was expecting) so you might to change that.
Image
User avatar
Cyrix
 
Joined: 17 Jul 2006
Location: California

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Kazemon15 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Hmm so like out of my 3 submissions, 2 are done, one is 30 seconds from being done...will I make it in time? Only time will tell...
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Image
User avatar
Kazemon15
 
Joined: 09 May 2003
Location: AMV Freak, California
Status: Reborn! Fanatic

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Rider4Z » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Hmm so like out of my 3 submissions, 2 are done, one is 30 seconds from being done...will I make it in time? Only time will tell...

so i take it, time is a factor here... :uhoh:
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: The tardis
Status: bronied

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Kazemon15 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:46 pm

^

Well, it's either edit or write my 20 page paper... that's worth 75 percent of my grade... :sweat:
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Image
User avatar
Kazemon15
 
Joined: 09 May 2003
Location: AMV Freak, California
Status: Reborn! Fanatic

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:59 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:^

Well, it's either edit or write my 20 page paper... that's worth 75 percent of my grade... :sweat:


Go for the editing!

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2013 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Anime North 2011 - 2013 AMV Room Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Castor Troy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:^

Well, it's either edit or write my 20 page paper... that's worth 75 percent of my grade... :sweat:


Your video is 75 percent of your chances to get into the contest. :nose:
Image
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby tipsd9video » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:13 pm

My final entry is almost done, and I have testing all next week. It's a good thing my History and English tests are first, cuz I didn't plan on studying much for those anyway xD

Kazemon15 wrote:^

Well, it's either edit or write my 20 page paper... that's worth 75 percent of my grade... :sweat:


You can always retake whatever grade you're in :3
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos
User avatar
tipsd9video
 
Joined: 18 Jul 2010

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby drewaconclusion » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:29 pm

tipsd9video wrote:My final entry is almost done, and I have testing all next week. It's a good thing my History and English tests are first, cuz I didn't plan on studying much for those anyway xD

Kazemon15 wrote:^

Well, it's either edit or write my 20 page paper... that's worth 75 percent of my grade... :sweat:


You can always retake whatever grade you're in :3
She's not in grade school...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
 
Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Status: Does it matter?

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby tipsd9video » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:42 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
tipsd9video wrote:My final entry is almost done, and I have testing all next week. It's a good thing my History and English tests are first, cuz I didn't plan on studying much for those anyway xD

Kazemon15 wrote:^

Well, it's either edit or write my 20 page paper... that's worth 75 percent of my grade... :sweat:


You can always retake whatever grade you're in :3
She's not in grade school...


Oh, well, ok then. Ignore what I said xD
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos
User avatar
tipsd9video
 
Joined: 18 Jul 2010

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Castor Troy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:51 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
tipsd9video wrote:My final entry is almost done, and I have testing all next week. It's a good thing my History and English tests are first, cuz I didn't plan on studying much for those anyway xD

Kazemon15 wrote:^

Well, it's either edit or write my 20 page paper... that's worth 75 percent of my grade... :sweat:


You can always retake whatever grade you're in :3
She's not in grade school...


In that case, she can always pay for the class again. :dino:
Image
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Rider4Z » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 pm

ai dios mio
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: The tardis
Status: bronied

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Kazemon15 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:24 pm

LOL

It's my last class I need to finish in order to graduate with my BA degree...I don't think I want to be held back 4 more months... :lol:
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Image
User avatar
Kazemon15
 
Joined: 09 May 2003
Location: AMV Freak, California
Status: Reborn! Fanatic

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:LOL

It's my last class I need to finish in order to graduate with my BA degree...I don't think I want to be held back 4 more months... :lol:


Baaaa. BA Degress are so overrated anyways... Work on the video for the WIN :P

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2013 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Anime North 2011 - 2013 AMV Room Coordinator
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests