Manga subforum?

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Manga subforum?

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Has anyone ever mentioned adding this to the list of subforums? I always wondered why there wasn't a subforum of this before. I know a lot of us here read and love manga, and I think we'd have some really good discussions if there were one.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Manga subforum?

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:04 am

So I guess that's a no. :l

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:51 am

It was mentioned quite a few times (and I think it was there at one time?), but the user base was always too small to be worth it ^^;

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:It was mentioned quite a few times (and I think it was there at one time?), but the user base was always too small to be worth it ^^;
Is it really? I see a ton of people on the anime discussion threads talking about manga. Maybe a gauge of interest is in order! :sorcerer:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:38 pm

What about just changing it to the anime/manga discussions and labeling threads as

Ex.

Magi (Anime)
Madoka Magica (Manga)

?

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:30 am

I always just discussed the manga in the actual anime thread. XD With spoiler tags and a note that it's from the manga of course.

But I like the idea! Especially since I read A LOT of manga and I think it's pretty cool for those series that are manga only. :)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:17 am

I'm fine with yue's proposal, though I too have to note that often enough manga discussion gets naturally implemented in an anime discussion, since comparisons will easily arise and so on.
I think it'd currently fit better to just make the topics general for both anime and manga and use spoiler tags as sensible?
Also I suppose implementing manga into the section would give a new purpose to the request thread! |:>

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:50 pm

AimoAio wrote:I always just discussed the manga in the actual anime thread. XD With spoiler tags and a note that it's from the manga of course.

But I like the idea! Especially since I read A LOT of manga and I think it's pretty cool for those series that are manga only. :)
Yeah but we just compare the manga with the anime most of the time. I want to fanboy with each chapter that releases! :awesome:
mirkosp wrote:I think it'd currently fit better to just make the topics general for both anime and manga and use spoiler tags as sensible?
Dunno about this. It's like having two completely different discussions in one thread, and I think it'd be kinda rude to the anime watchers if there are some serious spoilers in the same thread from the manga. Plus the fact that spoiler tags are used so much to begin with it'd be hard to separate this from that.

If anything, I agree with Yue's idea to make separate threads for the manga and anime. There would probably be a ton of activity (moreso than now), and some active threads might even end up on the 2nd page (which normally never happens), but it's better than nothing! :up:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue May 21, 2013 2:07 pm

So....is this happening?

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue May 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Paco need mango.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”