P.O.E. Season 3 Final Results?

Drango
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E. Season 3 Final Results?

Post by Drango » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:15 am

Ohh, a tiebreaker round would be neat! See what the two can do when they really put their all into a video!

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:38 am

I think Code should man up and break the tie. This round wasn't blind, so I don't see a conflict.

Fill out an entire judging sheet! I wanna judge you judging.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:40 am

meleechampion wrote:I think Code should man up and break the tie. This round wasn't blind, so I don't see a conflict.

I like this idea.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 am

Rendakor wrote:I really think we ought to just have a final, tie breaker round. And since everyone was complaining about the lack of great videos, just have them make the best video they can do in a week with no theme restrictions.
My thoughts EXACTLY. I really want to see what the Afanador, the underdog of the tournament, is able to edit. No theme restrictions, just pure epic awesomeness from both of the editors! This has to be done. Edit something great and make the rest of us proud. I'm totally supporting this thing - and if Code decides to bring a theme up to this round too, I'll gladly help him with some ideas of mine.

Hah, it was a tie... this round is MEANT to be done! :awesome:

afanador
Org Profile

Post by afanador » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 pm

I should probably post too huh? ^^;

As much as I'd like to edit, i literally do not have the time. when I signed up, I knew when I had finals coming (I work fulltime and go to school full time), so I looked at the schedule and this was supposed to be over some time ago. In the next few days, I have four final exams to take, four final projects due, and extra shifts at work (a coworker quit -_- ) then Im going on a much-needed vacation for a week and a half lol. so unless you wanaa do this in....the middle of May...haha not happening. I wish I'd been more against breaks and extensions that other people asked for, then we would've had more time and I could totally do it haha. Feels crappy to be like "no, sorry" but I think I put in more than the time required already....

So when CodeZTM asked what we wanted to do, I picked the second option. I'm ok with sharing 1st place. If we're both winners, we're both winners lol! :up: :up: :bear:
Some people posted here about another judge and I'd be okay with that, too. :)

As for people being disappointed in the videos, well that just makes me kinda sad. I like what I edited, it was fun to have to edit to a theme and I thought I did a good job. I think there were a lot of really good videos for people only getting a week to edit! So I'll just say that this contest is awesome, everyone did really really good jobs, and I'm glad I tried it!

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:40 pm

meleechampion wrote:I think Code should man up and break the tie. This round wasn't blind, so I don't see a conflict.

Come on Code. Be the vice president already
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 pm

afanador wrote:I should probably post too huh? ^^;

As much as I'd like to edit, i literally do not have the time. when I signed up, I knew when I had finals coming (I work fulltime and go to school full time), so I looked at the schedule and this was supposed to be over some time ago. In the next few days, I have four final exams to take, four final projects due, and extra shifts at work (a coworker quit -_- ) then Im going on a much-needed vacation for a week and a half lol. so unless you wanaa do this in....the middle of May...haha not happening. I wish I'd been more against breaks and extensions that other people asked for, then we would've had more time and I could totally do it haha. Feels crappy to be like "no, sorry" but I think I put in more than the time required already....

So when CodeZTM asked what we wanted to do, I picked the second option. I'm ok with sharing 1st place. If we're both winners, we're both winners lol! :up: :up: :bear:
Some people posted here about another judge and I'd be okay with that, too. :)
Thanks for posting. I can understand your situation, so it looks like the the ultimate tiebreaker is out of the question. Since I compare this contest to a competition likened to the Olympics, I checked what they do in the case of ties. In those competitions ties are both award the medal they earned. So I'm willing too call this thing with two winners. Although i guarantee to be back next season to defend my half of the title and try to claim one to call all mine! :O

So that's that for me. A last huge thanks again to everyone who made the contest possible. See you next season.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:56 pm

I think in the future, all ties should be handled by a FIGHT TO THE DEATH! LAST MAN STANDING!

At least for the Olympics.

Congrats to the both of you. You were both able to make it to the top and end on equal grounds. I think ties are cool. It's a testament to skill and gives reason to try harder next time.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Pwolf wrote:I think ties are cool. It's a testament to skill and gives reason to try harder next time.
They're also great for making any outfit look fancy!

For real though, good job, dudes.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

sakuraslight
Need more Jiggawatts
Org Profile

Post by sakuraslight » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:20 pm

we demand a tie breaker ^^ and a shrubbery
ImageImage

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”