Suisei no Gargantia

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
User avatar
TEKnician
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:40 pm
Status: Not reading the spoilers or manga
Location: Smack in the middle of the Pacific Ocean
Org Profile

Suisei no Gargantia

Postby TEKnician » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Pretty sure they're gonna freak out now.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

post-it
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:21 am
Status: Hunting Tanks
Location: Chilliwack - Fishing
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby post-it » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Details don't seem to matter with this series:
Image
2nd episode was in-line with conflicting technologies.

Its now on my list ^__^ ... THx

User avatar
Drageer
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby Drageer » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:43 am

The art in this anime is beautiful and the girl's eyes are very vibrant compared to some of the others. The story is pretty decent in my opinion and I'm interested to see how it'll turn out. That robot design is pretty sweet too

post-it
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:21 am
Status: Hunting Tanks
Location: Chilliwack - Fishing
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby post-it » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Ep 3 ... first a Fish offering of friendship and now, Raw fullsize Turkey T_T
... he's staying .. for his health? Begin "Infinite Stratos II" and give this series
a PLOT! ....

User avatar
pacotacoshell
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:15 am
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:18 pm

TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN (literally all I could think about)

God, MC is such a bro. That last bit at the end just sealed the deal. FEEEELS.

Mecha pirate battles, dope ass MC, and character feels to boot. This show just keeps getting better and better. Apart from SnK, this is the one show that I seriously look forward to every week. It still makes me sad that this is only 12 eps. ;___;
Image

User avatar
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:24 am
Status: (」・ワ・)」(⊃・ワ・)⊃
Location: Gallarate (VA), Italy
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby mirkosp » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:04 am

Drageer wrote:The art in this anime is beautiful and the girl's eyes are very vibrant compared to some of the others.

We're talking about Naruko Hanaharu at the character design... with all the due implications. :asd:
Image

User avatar
TEKnician
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:40 pm
Status: Not reading the spoilers or manga
Location: Smack in the middle of the Pacific Ocean
Org Profile

Suisei no Gargantia

Postby TEKnician » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:51 pm

Aww, Ledo is incredibly good at following orders. Too good, on fact. Funny how he tossed that Team Rocket. Lol.

I'm genuinely entertained by this series. Can't wait for next ep!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby AimoAio » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 am

pacotacoshell wrote:TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN (literally all I could think about)

God, MC is such a bro. That last bit at the end just sealed the deal. FEEEELS.

Mecha pirate battles, dope ass MC, and character feels to boot. This show just keeps getting better and better. Apart from SnK, this is the one show that I seriously look forward to every week. It still makes me sad that this is only 12 eps. ;___;

My exact thoughts during episode 3. LOL. :up: This show's just too good for only 12 eps, how could they possibly expect to fit everything in such a short time? D:
Spoiler :
Unless the rest of the eps are dedicated to showing him adapt to life and befriending those on Gargantia, only to have him go back home shortly afterwards. The end. Now that'd be lame.
Image

User avatar
Eake4
Australian Zeus
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:15 am
Status: Doing something useless again
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby Eake4 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:33 am

AimoAio wrote:
pacotacoshell wrote:TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN (literally all I could think about)

God, MC is such a bro. That last bit at the end just sealed the deal. FEEEELS.

Mecha pirate battles, dope ass MC, and character feels to boot. This show just keeps getting better and better. Apart from SnK, this is the one show that I seriously look forward to every week. It still makes me sad that this is only 12 eps. ;___;

My exact thoughts during episode 3. LOL. :up: This show's just too good for only 12 eps, how could they possibly expect to fit everything in such a short time? D:
Spoiler :
Unless the rest of the eps are dedicated to showing him adapt to life and befriending those on Gargantia, only to have him go back home shortly afterwards. The end. Now that'd be lame.


I had exact same thoughts on the team rocket part

as for Aimo's spoiler tag (I'll give my response to your response :awesome: )
Spoiler :
if its 12 eps because of that it would actually not be all that lame, first off with all that character building they can pull of a really sad parting end.
I do however highly doubt that will be the case and something as crazy as steins; gate will happen but resolved so quickly we would want a season 2
Image

User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby AimoAio » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:27 am

Eake4 wrote:
Spoiler :
if its 12 eps because of that it would actually not be all that lame, first off with all that character building they can pull of a really sad parting end.
I do however highly doubt that will be the case and something as crazy as steins; gate will happen but resolved so quickly we would want a season 2

Spoiler :
But I'm not looking for a really sad parting end. :P I'm looking for something with an epic plot for this type of anime, the touching stuff can just be an extra. xD But yeah I do hope there'll be an S2 if they try and pull off something as crazy as S;G otherwise I get the feeling everything will be too rushed and underdeveloped.
Image

User avatar
Kain-x-spirits
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:29 am
Status: Hahahaha~
Location: Lyon, France
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 am

I love this show.
This is this kind of characters developpement i like. Not something rushed as we can see in most animes.
I also really like the behavior of Ledo (and of most of the other characters too).It's totally believable.
And i love how they still don't speak the same language lol
Well, there so much details that make me enjoy this series a lot.

And I don't know what you mean by epic plot, but i don't think this is what you should expect for this.

User avatar
TEKnician
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:40 pm
Status: Not reading the spoilers or manga
Location: Smack in the middle of the Pacific Ocean
Org Profile

Suisei no Gargantia

Postby TEKnician » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Amy hides her pajamas. Lol. She's so kawaii

Someone really needs to give Ledo a big bear hug. I don't care if Chamber does it, he just needs some love. *cough* Amy *cough*
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby AimoAio » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:51 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote:And I don't know what you mean by epic plot, but i don't think this is what you should expect for this.

I'm not meaning something with a huge twist or crazy like S;G (though that would be nice actually) but you know...hmm like...there needs to be an antagonist of some sort, just to balance it out? (The pirates were too inferior compared to Ledo and the Hideauze don't exist on Earth so they don't count either.) It's like everything's just going so smoothly that there's no build up to something bigger and I just don't get that intense feeling for it. Maybe I'm expecting too much or perhaps, the wrong thing from this anime. :uhoh: I could be wrong and this is just the prelude to something that's brewing. ;D

That being said, it was a really nice episode-
Spoiler :
Ledo not knowing the meaning of "little brother" and "family" nearly broke my heart. T__T It's like the Galactic Alliance are raising kids up to be emotionless battle machines just to fight the Hideauze.
Image

User avatar
pacotacoshell
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:15 am
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby pacotacoshell » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Oh my gawwwwwd, feels. ;___;
Image

User avatar
ibabrak
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:43 am
Status: Let's get cereal.
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Postby ibabrak » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:37 am

<3 this show :oops:
ImageImage


Return to “Anime Series Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests