P.O.E Season 3 : Finals - "Persona"

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Finals - "Persona"

Post by AngelDragoon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:42 pm

I just made an announcement thread and sent that link to Code. If he wants it another way, it can always be corrected. Can't hurt, anyway. :up:

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:33 am

Haruhi :cry:
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:53 am

My apologies for the lack of proper activity the last few days. I've been a tad unplugged. >_> I will have the main page updated with all of the entires (both competing and non-competing) as soon as possible.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:15 pm

My thoughts on Kisanzi's video:
Spoiler :
This sure is your weakest video till now, but still a strong entry to win the contest. So, as a person you're an easy-going teenager with hypertension (you probably consume tons of sugar or caffeine) and you happen to get depressed once in a while but then again SUGAR RUSH AND WOOHOO |:> |:> I didn't expect a Haruhi vid on the finals, that was a surprise for me :nose: Now, let's watch Afanador's video too...
My thoughts on Afanador's video:
Spoiler :
As I said, I didn't expect Haruhi vids for the finals, thanks for giving me two! :D Well, that was an easy concept for you, so you have to prove you really have a girlfriend. Pics or you get DQ'd. What I got from your video is that you really love your girlfriend, and... there are supernatural things going on around you (?) So, enjoyable video to watch nonetheless, but cheap concept - many of those Haruhi scenes didn't even make sense when theme is concerned...
None of the two songs was my cup of tea, and to tell the harsh truth my expectations were... different. Compared to last year's finals, these ones lack effort and creativity... but I guess it was the best you could do with so little amount of time in your hands and all the stuff happening IRL, right? :D Anyway, I'd love to see some "confession" videos like Hamstar's one...

With all that said, I'd vote for Kisanzi.

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Animated wrote::D Anyway, I'd love to see some "confession" videos like Hamstar's one...

I saw my name. So thus I am summoned. XD
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Animated wrote:My thoughts on Kisanzi's video:
Spoiler :
This sure is your weakest video till now, but still a strong entry to win the contest. So, as a person you're an easy-going teenager with hypertension (you probably consume tons of sugar or caffeine) and you happen to get depressed once in a while but then again SUGAR RUSH AND WOOHOO |:> |:> I didn't expect a Haruhi vid on the finals, that was a surprise for me :nose: Now, let's watch Afanador's video too...
My thoughts on Afanador's video:
Spoiler :
As I said, I didn't expect Haruhi vids for the finals, thanks for giving me two! :D Well, that was an easy concept for you, so you have to prove you really have a girlfriend. Pics or you get DQ'd. What I got from your video is that you really love your girlfriend, and... there are supernatural things going on around you (?) So, enjoyable video to watch nonetheless, but cheap concept - many of those Haruhi scenes didn't even make sense when theme is concerned...
None of the two songs was my cup of tea, and to tell the harsh truth my expectations were... different. Compared to last year's finals, these ones lack effort and creativity... but I guess it was the best you could do with so little amount of time in your hands and all the stuff happening IRL, right? :D Anyway, I'd love to see some "confession" videos like Hamstar's one...

With all that said, I'd vote for Kisanzi.
To be honest, time wasn't an issue for me. The difficulty came with the theme. I had a few ideas but had trouble with all of them being a personification of me. Previous orgeditor final rounds were just make the most awesome anything, or remake something you already edited to. But this theme has the one stigma in that people's inner selves don't always translate to grandiose videos. Personas are quirks and qualities buried in the heart of each individual. I'm not an angsty hopeless romantic or an intriguing philosophic type. Sorry but I don't take myself that seriously. At my core I know I'm just a scatterbrained goofy bastard who does his best to make people smile and that's exactly what spawned my video. :P

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:41 pm

I officially endorse RadicalYue as the winner of this AMV competition (regardless of her videos completion)
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:28 am

SilverFreedoms wrote:I officially endorse RadicalYue as the winner of this AMV competition (regardless of her videos completion)

If it counts I had ripped, cleaned, and prepped 505GB of footage to work with before I hurt myself D:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:25 pm

My apologies for the lateness again. Without going too deep into Code's "Drama Corner", I'll just say that job got rather "hectic" the last few days as we were told that we're shutting down an office in two days (the one I work in!) and people got laid off and I was frankly scared for my financial security, and I just bought a car so I was freaking out over time limit I had to return it for no questions asked. :uhoh:

All is well now, I didn't lose my job (actually, I got a non-paying promotion), I will be moving to our old location and I can now stop my fear-induced vomiting and bitchyness. |:>

BACK TO ORGEDITOR!

Front page is updated, I have one video to upload once I get home. I'll be in contact with the judges and hopefully we will move forward!

The fan favorite thread will be open soon!

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Glad everything is ok now for you Code, and yay you finally updated the front page. ^____^
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”