Shingeki no Kyojin

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby OropherZero » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:02 pm

so i started reading the manga... hooo boy... not sure whether the anime is going to censor some of this or whether they'll go the elfen lied route. At least when you read it in manga form it's just black and white, no red >_>
OropherZero

Postby Drageer » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:38 am

The manga really is still in the state of explaining everything and developing the characters more in my opinion. They have present events going on while they explain everything though. I love the plot twists that they have though, they never fail to deliver.
Drageer

Postby Jasta85 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:41 pm

ep 3,

Well, MC has at least become tolerable now, still not quite likable. However, the supporting cast is helping make up for it (potato girl ftw :) )
Jasta85

Postby Kisagi » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 am

ooohhh getting more interesting :D
Jasta85 wrote:(potato girl ftw :) )

+1
Kisagi

Postby ibabrak » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 am

Jasta85 wrote:Well, MC has at least become tolerable now, still not quite likable. However, the supporting cast is helping make up for it (potato girl ftw :) )

I actually like the MC quite a lot. At least he's not one of those pathetic characters that don't really have the will to do shit unless people force them to. :up:
Episode three was really good as any other so far.
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Centurione » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:59 am

Food-lovers always win <3

Awesomness :up:
Centurione

Postby Hagaren Viper » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:04 pm

I never thought I would laugh at this show, but POTATO GIRL. Potato girl is the best character.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby TEKnician » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Please don't kill potato girl. Please don't kill potato girl. Please don't kill potato girl. Please don't kill potato girl. Please don't kill potato girl. Please don't kill potato girl. ><

Their 3D movement gear has got to be the coolest gadgets since swords themselves. Whoever came up with that idea is genius.

I gotta say, I was NOT expecting this series to have humor of any kind. It was almost unfitting. But nonetheless enjoyable. Didn't want to see Eren look like a noob but I guess it build character. Still not sure if Misaka likes him or is just protective.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby AimoAio » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:22 am

OropherZero wrote:so i started reading the manga... hooo boy... not sure whether the anime is going to censor some of this or whether they'll go the elfen lied route. At least when you read it in manga form it's just black and white, no red >_>

Great, I already wince every time the Titans eat people. If they started adding crunching sounds or anymore to that, I might not be able to handle it. :|
TEKnician wrote:Their 3D movement gear has got to be the coolest gadgets since swords themselves. Whoever came up with that idea is genius.

x2 on this! I can't wait to see them actually fight the titans using this, it'll be so cool! :up: Also LOL at this, :rofl:
Spoiler :
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby Kisagi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:07 pm

AimoAio wrote:
Spoiler :

lol :rofl: I love that part!
Kisagi

Postby OropherZero » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:56 am

Just finished catching up to the manga, I think I spent 10+ hours reading it all =p There is no way this anime is going to finish the story. Feels like the story is around the mid way point right now. Just like with Claymore, it'll come down to two option:

A. Japan likes the anime so the anime stays canon with the manga then stops for a season 2 in a couple of years.

B. Japan doesn't like the anime, it's not making money, so they canon until a certain point to where the manga is currently at, then do an anime original ending.

I have to say I really like how fleshed out these side characters are. Originally I thought I would like Mikasa the most but instead I ended up liking some of Eren's trainee squadmates a lot more when they reveal some backstory such as
Spoiler :
Annie
who is my favourite.
OropherZero

Postby OropherZero » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:39 pm

ep4 is out. I love how they add english rock songs to the anime. They probably got the idea that music like that can work after Metal Gear Rising =p
OropherZero

Postby Jasta85 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:47 pm

ep 4

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! why did it have to end on a cliffhanger like that. I'm swore to hold off on reading the manga until I finished the anime but it's getting really difficult now. really am curious about the backstory behind the titans, hope it's well explained

edit: ok, I cheated and read a couple chapters ahead in the manga, and now there's even more unanswered questions lol, guess i'll just catch up with the manga at this point, but this series is seriously epic
Jasta85

Postby ibabrak » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:27 am

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I can't be the only one who's happy about this, can I? :awesome:
Shit just got cereal :shark:
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Jasta85 wrote:I cheated and read a couple chapters ahead in the manga, and now there's even more unanswered questions lol, guess i'll just catch up with the manga at this point, but this series is seriously epic

LOL SEE, it's literally impossible to hold back on learning more about this series. It's just too great.
pacotacoshell

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion