Sword Art Online

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Sword Art Online

Postby ibabrak » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:22 am

I didn't really think that the last episode was amazing... I feel like there wasn't enough of Asuna. Plus the fact that even though that Sugu got herself an entire season she just had to get more time. I really thought that it'd be Asuna x Kirito focused episode + maybe The Seed
Spoiler :
Also, why does Asuna's new character have blue hair :,(

Eake4 wrote:That ending was great, Next arc covers
Spoiler :
guns (I think?)
. If it ever gets animated I'll be sure to watch it

Spoiler :
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Full Metal Sempai » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:54 am

Best anime of the year (not like I watched a lot) although I'd like to see more Asuna x Kirito in the end.
Sugu also needed more time...
Full Metal Sempai

Postby Eake4 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 am

Full Metal Sempai wrote:Best anime of the year (not like I watched a lot) although I'd like to see more Asuna x Kirito in the end.
Sugu also needed more time...

You didn't watch alot, many were better than this.
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm

I don't usually view animes based on the season, but this is very highly rated and looks pretty good.

Is it worth a watch?
pan_dbgt01

Postby Jasta85 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 pm

pan_dbgt01 wrote:I don't usually view animes based on the season, but this is very highly rated and looks pretty good.

Is it worth a watch?

It's enjoyable but don't expect anything revolutionary. Aside from the whole MMO thing the characters aren't quite what they could have been IMO. But worth watching anyway
Jasta85

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:26 am

pan_dbgt01 wrote:I don't usually view animes based on the season, but this is very highly rated and looks pretty good.

Is it worth a watch?

The first half is very entertaining and generally has a good plot and character development. The second half throws most of that out of the window, but has more interesting battles and scenes. I would say YES without hesitation though, because it's just a really nice experience overall.

Especially relevant if you're a gamer and know the pain/suffering of MMOs in general. :awesome:
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Flame-X » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 pm

It's the worst show I've seen of 2012 but watch it for yourself to see if you like it or not.
Flame-X

Sword Art Online

Postby TEKnician » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:12 pm

CodeZTM wrote:

Is it worth a watch?

The first half is very entertaining and generally has a good plot and character development. The second half throws most of that out of the window, but has more interesting battles and scenes. I would say YES without hesitation though, because it's just a really nice experience overall.

Especially relevant if you're a gamer and know the pain/suffering of MMOs in general. :awesome:

All of this
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 am

Looking for new sources for editing. Seeing as this is becoming overused I will take my time on watching this. I think it does look like it's worth a watch though.
pan_dbgt01

Postby OmNomNomAttack » Wed May 01, 2013 12:05 am

I have seen this anime almost fifty times now and I have to say, the replayability is high in my oppinion. Its an excellent up and coming anime that's getting alot of good reviews. However, I am afraid about the English dub. As much as I love the series, <<I'm going to be blunt here>>, American dubs butcher anime. i'm afraid the good and honest portrails of characters that made the Japanese work so good will be ruined in the modern sensibilities of American standards. I will certainly watch the American dub, but I'm afraid that I will never love it as much as I loved the original.
OmNomNomAttack

Postby AceD » Wed May 01, 2013 5:54 pm

OmNomNomAttack wrote:I have seen this anime almost fifty times now

OmNomNomAttack wrote:and I have to say, the replayability is high in my oppinion.

Fifty times? :uhoh:
AceD
I AM THE BEST

Postby Eake4 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:33 am

AceD wrote:

OmNomNomAttack wrote:and I have to say, the replayability is high in my oppinion.

I find it hard to believe people will watch it more than once.
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby ibabrak » Thu May 02, 2013 7:24 am

Eake4 wrote:
AceD wrote:

I find it hard to believe people will watch it more than once.

Especially the second part...
I myself have watched it twice for the sake of editting but I just hate the second half. I do like the anime and I enjoyed it a lot when it aired but if I were to look at it from like writer's perspective I wouldn't give it a high score.
ImageImage
ibabrak

Sword Art Online

Postby TEKnician » Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 pm

When I saw new posts on this section, I thought you guys might be talking about a SAO movie.

Damn.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun May 05, 2013 3:14 am

It's a very rare occasion normally that I don't like a show that's really popular but short (the popular long ones - not really). This is probably the first example I've had where I just genuinely did not like a short, popular show at all besides maybe an episode here and there, and the premise.
And its nothing against the studio, because I'm sure they adapted the novels well enough. I normally really like this studio, anyways. Just... just feels really weird to really not like something that's popular and has very little hate (as far as I know).
If anything, I'll give the show kudos for an excellent soundtrack and pretty sweet animation. But yeah. :uhoh:
EkaCoralian

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion