Shingeki no Kyojin

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby Cross/fade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 am

Guys, please tell me that MC gets more tolerable with time ....
User avatar
Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
 
Joined: 17 May 2004

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:40 am

Cross/fade wrote:Guys, please tell me that MC gets more tolerable with time ....

Kinda sorta. He gets more awesome, definitely, but his personality doesn't change all that much in the manga.
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby ibabrak » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:30 am

Awww, loving this so freaking much. :awesome:
Spoiler :
I did expect the time skip since there was no way Eren and others would be able to fight the Titans any time soon.

Let's hope we see more blood next week. <3
ImageImage
User avatar
ibabrak
 
Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Location: Czech Republic
Status: Let's get cereal.

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:54 am

Misaka forever being a certified badass. God she's awesome.

ARMORED. FUCKING. TITAN. AHHHHH!

The potato scene is happening in the next ep, god bless.

I'm also loving the ED. Misaki is literally Jesus, she deserves an entire ED to herself. I thought I would end up skimming through the episodes like I did with Magi since I read the manga, but the 3D gear and the titan scenes give such a whole new flavor that you really can't experience in the manga like you can in the anime. Extremely excited for the next ep! :up: :bzz: :bzz2:
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby Centurione » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Hope it calms down for a bit. After 1st ep I was actually afraid I wouldn't be able to watch the show despite its awesomness, because it got me seriously scared :sweat: Watching things like that alone is waaay to scary for me to bear xD So yup, good 2nd ep wasn't as intense as the first one.
User avatar
Centurione
 
Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Location: Poland
Status: fikk fela igjen!

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:50 pm

Centurione wrote:Hope it calms down for a bit. After 1st ep I was actually afraid I wouldn't be able to watch the show despite its awesomness, because it got me seriously scared :sweat: Watching things like that alone is waaay to scary for me to bear xD So yup, good 2nd ep wasn't as intense as the first one.

Yeah it does. Training time for MC and friends!
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby Hagaren Viper » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 am

Frickfrickfrick I just watched the first two eps. I expected everything to go to hell to some extent but I wasn't expecting the show to take us to the BOTTOM LAYER OF HELL IN EP ONE, WOW. Left me with quite a weird feeling.

That said, Im really digging this so far. Definitely something that pulls you in instantly.
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Hagaren Viper
 
Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Location: I dont wanna edit
Status: Just wanna play Persona 4Ever

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby ChainedSky » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:01 am

I found the manga before I ever there was even hints of the anime and i read it so now I'm afraid they'll mess it up =<

I even stopped reading the manga, but so far it's a really good adaptation. Let's just hope it goes like that till the end.

Anyone knows how many eps will there be?
User avatar
ChainedSky
 
Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Status: Veggie Burger

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby pacotacoshell » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:35 am

ChainedSky wrote:Anyone knows how many eps will there be?

25, so there'll probably be an original anime ending. Let's pray it stays good. ;___;
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby Jasta85 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:31 pm

WHY do so many authors make such annoying main characters for otherwise awesome series. He's pretty much the only person I want to see get eaten at this point, but he's not going to be because he's got the MC power of immortality. GAH, this series is both so good and frustrating.

probably the thing that interests me the most right now is the origin of the giants. to anyone who has read the manga, does the manga go into that at all? (I know it's only 40something chapters in so far). But they've obviously got some kind of supernatural origin, you know, with the lightning bolt striking and super titan appears directly after, plus the terminator type titan that smashed through the gate.
User avatar
Jasta85
 
Joined: 07 Jul 2006

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby ChainedSky » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Jasta85 wrote: He's pretty much the only person I want to see get eaten at this point, but he's not going to be because he's got the MC power of immortality.


Well being a MC doesn't necessarily mean that he has to live though that happens quite regularly in anime un/fortunatly.

Spoiler :
I stopped like 25 chaps in the manga but they were starting to show a little bit of the story or at least how they were created at that point. I think the anime will get there in a couple more eps though.
User avatar
ChainedSky
 
Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Status: Veggie Burger

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby ZephyrStar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Freakin intense. Good stuff.
Image
User avatar
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
 
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Location: The Laboratory
Status: Master of Science

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby Kisagi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:15 pm

looks even more interesting now
Image
User avatar
Kisagi
The sexy Artist
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Location: California, United States
Status: Back working with art

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby ChainedSky » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:08 am

ibabrak wrote:
Spoiler :
I did expect the time skip since there was no way Eren and others would be able to fight the Titans any time soon.



Am I the only one that finds this a little bit weird?

Spoiler :
It might have been just my ep that was badly subbed but i thought they said they were entering the military in one year.. How come they seem so mature from just one year... I know they have a hard life and all but that looked a little excessive
User avatar
ChainedSky
 
Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Status: Veggie Burger

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Postby pacotacoshell » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:25 am

Jasta85 wrote:WHY do so many authors make such annoying main characters for otherwise awesome series. He's pretty much the only person I want to see get eaten at this point, but he's not going to be because he's got the MC power of immortality. GAH, this series is both so good and frustrating.

probably the thing that interests me the most right now is the origin of the giants. to anyone who has read the manga, does the manga go into that at all? (I know it's only 40something chapters in so far). But they've obviously got some kind of supernatural origin, you know, with the lightning bolt striking and super titan appears directly after, plus the terminator type titan that smashed through the gate.

Spoiler :
They get into what the unique ones are in the manga. Though for the normal ones they give bits and pieces here and there but so far the people in the story are still trying to uncover where they came from and why they do the things they do.
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests