The Vent Thread

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

The Vent Thread

Postby CodeZTM » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Soooo... There is like totally a tornado on the ground a few miles away. Damn thing is keeping me from working.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Radical_Yue » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:40 am

I'm just...exhausted. Just, so tired.
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Amaterasu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:17 am

CodeZTM wrote:Soooo... There is like totally a tornado on the ground a few miles away. Damn thing is keeping me from working.

Was really windy here earlier. A tree fell on the neighbors' place, gladly they weren't home.
Amaterasu
Lets Positive Thinking

Postby Iron Solari » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:06 pm

It doesn't matter how much you post, it doesn't matter how much effort you put into things, it doesn't matter what you do, because you can't impress everyone.
You can't make everyone happy and you can't force anyone to acknowledge the things you do.
You also can't force people to accept you into the group when they hardly know you.
You can only sit back and hope that some time, in some place, they understand.
This applies here, there, and anywhere. Sometimes you are what is considered "Nothing special" and therefore should be ignored, but know that I, and others, are people as well.
We feel just as much as you do, so know that sometimes your words cut like daggers.

Sorry to be such a downer in the vent thread ^^ :dino: :dino:
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Postby Amaterasu » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:10 am

I've realized that my life is pretty boring. I'm hoping to get around more often when my friend comes back from the military, as he was the only person I ever really left home to visit often.
Amaterasu
Lets Positive Thinking

Postby Fire_Starter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Sick and fucking tired of being used as a goddamn emotional crutch. What pisses me off even more is I continue to let it happen, EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"<WITTY REMARK CENSORED BY REQUEST>"
Fire_Starter

Postby Pwolf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:45 pm

9 years and counting. It gets easier over time I guess. I wish I had more pictures.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Kimberly » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Pwolf wrote:9 years and counting. It gets easier over time I guess. I wish I had more pictures.

O: ??
Kimberly
Kardashian

Postby Pwolf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 pm

My dad passed away 9 years ago today. I don't talk about it too much (thus being vague). The last few years have been a lot easier as far as general coping. My parents divorced when I was too young to remember and my mother moved us out to California from Connecticut so I only ever talked to him via phone or the once a year visit to CT in the summer. Because of that I never had a real close relationship with him but also not completely distant. There are a lot of unanswered questions about that relationship and I don't really think anyone can answer them. That has probably been the biggest thing about his death that bothers me.

Over time, I've been able to slowly better understand who he was through random conversation with family and friends but also sifting through my own memories as I remember them. It's helped me answer some of the questions or at least come to accept that there might never be an answer. Part of that is as I grow older without him I wonder what our relationship would be like if he were still around. I don't think anyone can answer that question. Probably only I can and I can't do that right now. And that bothers me.

Some people have said I should talk to someone (family, therapist, etc...) about it but honestly I don't think it would really help me find what I'm looking for. The questions are personal and forcing an answer to them by someone who wasn't me or him doesn't really help. At least that's how I see it I guess. I think the way I'm "dealing with it" has been fine. Aside from things I've said to people in the past, I haven't let it affect my behavior or prevent me from being a productive, contributing member of society. I'll get depressed about it from time to time but I go to bed, wake up the next day, go to work, hang out with my friends, and live my life.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby Kimberly » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. It's really tough to lose a parent, and been 8 years for me. People say that you'll get over it over time, but I personally don't think you can actually completely get over something like that. It definitely won't suck as much after a while, but as you mentioned, there will always be those words stuck in your head that you never got to ask or say. I'm glad that you've been coping better though, and that it doesn't stop you from living your life. Makes me think of the quote, "Life goes on," haha.

:up:
Kimberly
Kardashian

Postby Pwolf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:47 pm

I don't know if I want to "get over it" honestly. It's kind of the only real emotional connection I have to him. I don't know if this is an odd concept to anyone else but I feel like the more "at peace" I am about it, the more I lose? If that makes sense.

I do find it quite surprising how many people I know, mostly from the org honestly, who have lost a parent at a young age. It's a sad thought that it's more common then I imagined.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:58 am

My dad passed away over 5 years ago and it still hurts a bit because he was one of the strongest people I knew.

I still wonder how things would be if he were still around. His old company just closed down recently and he either would have easily gotten a new job or making plans for retirement.
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Iron Solari wrote:It doesn't matter how much you post, it doesn't matter how much effort you put into things, it doesn't matter what you do, because you can't impress everyone.
You can't make everyone happy and you can't force anyone to acknowledge the things you do.
You also can't force people to accept you into the group when they hardly know you.
You can only sit back and hope that some time, in some place, they understand.
This applies here, there, and anywhere. Sometimes you are what is considered "Nothing special" and therefore should be ignored, but know that I, and others, are people as well.
We feel just as much as you do, so know that sometimes your words cut like daggers.

Sorry to be such a downer in the vent thread ^^ :dino: :dino:

I feel the same way, but I always remind myself that to keep moving forward is best. It's good to learn from our experiences, but people are people and you are who matters most to you.

<3
pan_dbgt01

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:31 pm

I think losing a parent especially if you are young would be very difficult. I just hope that I am able to be there to help when that happens to me. Also being a parent, I seem to dwell on leaving them behind. I just couldn't imagine and am lucky to be 30 and still have mine in my life.

But, I would hate to be put in a nursing home. :up:
pan_dbgt01

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:06 pm

My mother passed away 25 years ago (I was 6)... I've encountered many deaths both family and friends since then.

I think when people use the term "get over it" they really mean more along the lines of "make peace with it" because I don't think anyone gets over it. I've moved on, and came to accept death as a natural part of life, but missing my mom still effects me emotionally I think. I too wonder how different I would be if she had lived.

I haven't had counseling for it aside from the therapist I saw just after she died. My dad thought we needed it. Most I remember of it was colored chalk and everyone got to be X's in Tic Tac Toe, and driving under the "Rainbow Tunnel". The counselor was in San Fransisco.

Everyone has to deal with death in their own way I think.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion