AMV Salad 7 Open!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 7 Open!

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:48 am

I'll get in touch with you on skype and we'll do some drop-boxin'.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 pm

I said I had PSG for y'all this year.
One clip is 16 seconds and one is 12.
Plus I have a friend who gave me a FMA clip at 21 seconds.
I may just turn out another clip or two if the creative process can keep up.
I just need a way to submit these puppies...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

CacoVenom
Org Profile

Post by CacoVenom » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:50 pm

TheCacoVenom wrote:well here my Beta
http://www.mediafire.com/?o25g0491ky0241l

Hmm, very, very interesting. This is an interesting one because your editing is wonderful, but this doesn't really strike me as a joke as much as almost a transition out of commercial for Baka to Test. It gets you pumped, and yet doesn't seem to have a punch line. I can't really understand if the lyrics have anything to do with what's happening, so it's difficult to say if there is a joke in there. But again, like I said, the editing is great, so wonderful job, but I'm not certain if this fits in with what Salad works to do. I think this one actually would do well as a real AMV rather than a small clip, although I don't know if the source audio goes beyond what you have there.

If this is a longer song, I honestly think you should make this a full-length AMV. It actually strikes me as a very fun song that would work very well as a full AMV, but would actually confuse the audience in the context of AMV Salad because people expect to be caught a bit off guard from jokes in clips. In this case, you're using the absurdity of the anime itself with the song's upbeat nature, which is more full AMV territory I believe.
ImageImageImage

CacoVenom
Org Profile

Post by CacoVenom » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 pm

lol I will make another video xd, I undertand

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu May 02, 2013 3:11 am

All right everyone, probably no surprise to anyone, but the state of things by this deadline is that very few people have actually done many submissions. I'm guilty of the same, I hit a stint of overtime and struggles in my new job that completely distracted me from focusing on videos this year, so quite honestly after our six-year run, we're going to need to take a year off. I have no doubt there'll be plenty of interest next year, but this year actually did feel pretty consistent in that most of us who have been part of the project for a while have all hit real life at full speed for a while :)

Not to worry though, all submissions will be kept, and you should keep your project files as well, because they will be used.

My intention is to spread things out more this year, and now that things are calming down at my job, I'll be in touch with everyone involved, and we'll see if we can set up a more even-handed plan of setting deadlines for a clip every month or two. Something along those lines so that we can focus on other projects and real life with a nominal time frame for getting a good amount of clips.

I'd like everyone to check in with what stopped them from doing their clips so we can try to work together to get some potentials on how we can work around them. ...Except for Deemer who is a machine :)

We'll get this taken care of for next year. Going up against MAT3K this year would also have been difficult.
ImageImageImage

Deemer
Org Profile

Post by Deemer » Thu May 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:All right everyone, probably no surprise to anyone, but the state of things by this deadline is that very few people have actually done many submissions. I'm guilty of the same, I hit a stint of overtime and struggles in my new job that completely distracted me from focusing on videos this year, so quite honestly after our six-year run, we're going to need to take a year off. I have no doubt there'll be plenty of interest next year, but this year actually did feel pretty consistent in that most of us who have been part of the project for a while have all hit real life at full speed for a while :)

this confuses me. does this mean you wont actually be doing it this year?

Gaelstrom wrote:I'd like everyone to check in with what stopped them from doing their clips so we can try to work together to get some potentials on how we can work around them. ...Except for Deemer who is a machine :)
lol, I still have a few more clips in the works, but my focus has shifted to my AMV contest entry for Otakon. I should be able to get them all finished in the near future though.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sun May 05, 2013 12:12 am

I had an attack of life at the beginning of the year. spent all of tax season working in a tax office, man that was murder and I'm still trying to get my creativity flowing again...Taxes are evil I tell you and suck all your happiness away...

But I wanted to pop in and see how things were coming along...I am trying to crank out a few clips but if we are going on hiatus this year I can focus on getting even better ones for next year. I'm sorry I wasn't as involved as I normally am this year and that makes me disappointed in myself but sadly what can you do right? IF we were to get this off the ground for this year and create a 15 minute or so salad like last year how much more footage would we need? is it even doable or can we not even hope to reach anything worth serving by the deadline?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sun May 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Deemer wrote:this confuses me. does this mean you wont actually be doing it this year?
Unfortunately, yes, it seems life struck everyone pretty hard this year. I'll blame 2012 :P It's okay, though. We've had a strong run of a yearly production, so a year off to catch our breath is no major issue. Communication and commitment have always been an issue around the time of major production. Ideally we all would create videos over the course of the year little by little, but it never goes that way.

My attempts to speak with people on Skype never worked out, which would have worked for communication (since I also didn't want to bother people when nobody responded ^^) and I myself am guilty of a new job causing me considerable problems. I will redouble my efforts this year, and see if Deuce can help and we'll both cover our bases as we stabilize more.
SammySamaProductions wrote:IF we were to get this off the ground for this year and create a 15 minute or so salad like last year how much more footage would we need? is it even doable or can we not even hope to reach anything worth serving by the deadline?
Sorry to say, submitted videos don't even reach two minutes, let alone time to create an intro and an ending to maintain interest. A futile struggle right now vs. careful planning for a far, FAR stronger production next year is pretty much a no-brainer at this point. I want to make sure, above everything else, that this is fun and a learning experience for everyone involved. We may critique our videos, but it's all intent on being better editors and providing pure, unadulterated hilarity for other anime fans. If people must focus and it became a chore this year to do it, then there's no good reason to force it. We'll make an effort to get involved earlier, and I really would like to connect with all of you to talk not only about the project, but even in general.

Deuce is considering doing a revamped "Reheated" cut for this year, but I personally think a year off will help in general so people don't see the same clips too often. We'll find out the best pathway though.
ImageImageImage

Deemer
Org Profile

Post by Deemer » Sun May 05, 2013 8:32 pm

saddness, guess my timing was bad jumping on board while people are having a tough time.
but yeah, ther's no accounting for the real world, life is more important. You gotta do what you gotta do. I hope things work out for everyone.

I will def keep AMVS in mind and watch for it in the future.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”