Shingeki no Kyojin

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:50 pm

Centurione wrote:Hope it calms down for a bit. After 1st ep I was actually afraid I wouldn't be able to watch the show despite its awesomness, because it got me seriously scared :sweat: Watching things like that alone is waaay to scary for me to bear xD So yup, good 2nd ep wasn't as intense as the first one.
Yeah it does. Training time for MC and friends!

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 am

Frickfrickfrick I just watched the first two eps. I expected everything to go to hell to some extent but I wasn't expecting the show to take us to the BOTTOM LAYER OF HELL IN EP ONE, WOW. Left me with quite a weird feeling.

That said, Im really digging this so far. Definitely something that pulls you in instantly.

ChainedSky
Org Profile

Post by ChainedSky » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:01 am

I found the manga before I ever there was even hints of the anime and i read it so now I'm afraid they'll mess it up =<

I even stopped reading the manga, but so far it's a really good adaptation. Let's just hope it goes like that till the end.

Anyone knows how many eps will there be?

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:35 am

ChainedSky wrote:Anyone knows how many eps will there be?
25, so there'll probably be an original anime ending. Let's pray it stays good. ;___;

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:31 pm

WHY do so many authors make such annoying main characters for otherwise awesome series. He's pretty much the only person I want to see get eaten at this point, but he's not going to be because he's got the MC power of immortality. GAH, this series is both so good and frustrating.

probably the thing that interests me the most right now is the origin of the giants. to anyone who has read the manga, does the manga go into that at all? (I know it's only 40something chapters in so far). But they've obviously got some kind of supernatural origin, you know, with the lightning bolt striking and super titan appears directly after, plus the terminator type titan that smashed through the gate.

ChainedSky
Org Profile

Post by ChainedSky » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Jasta85 wrote: He's pretty much the only person I want to see get eaten at this point, but he's not going to be because he's got the MC power of immortality.
Well being a MC doesn't necessarily mean that he has to live though that happens quite regularly in anime un/fortunatly.
Spoiler :
I stopped like 25 chaps in the manga but they were starting to show a little bit of the story or at least how they were created at that point. I think the anime will get there in a couple more eps though.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Freakin intense. Good stuff.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:15 pm

looks even more interesting now

ChainedSky
Org Profile

Post by ChainedSky » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:08 am

ibabrak wrote:
Spoiler :
I did expect the time skip since there was no way Eren and others would be able to fight the Titans any time soon.
Am I the only one that finds this a little bit weird?
Spoiler :
It might have been just my ep that was badly subbed but i thought they said they were entering the military in one year.. How come they seem so mature from just one year... I know they have a hard life and all but that looked a little excessive

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:25 am

Jasta85 wrote:WHY do so many authors make such annoying main characters for otherwise awesome series. He's pretty much the only person I want to see get eaten at this point, but he's not going to be because he's got the MC power of immortality. GAH, this series is both so good and frustrating.

probably the thing that interests me the most right now is the origin of the giants. to anyone who has read the manga, does the manga go into that at all? (I know it's only 40something chapters in so far). But they've obviously got some kind of supernatural origin, you know, with the lightning bolt striking and super titan appears directly after, plus the terminator type titan that smashed through the gate.
Spoiler :
They get into what the unique ones are in the manga. Though for the normal ones they give bits and pieces here and there but so far the people in the story are still trying to uncover where they came from and why they do the things they do.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”