Shingeki no Kyojin

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by ZephyrStar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:43 pm

That was some pretty crazy stuff. I was also left with a very visceral feeling, which I liked. I wat'd quite a bit. Also not reading the manga until the show is over, per suggestion above.
Spoiler :
Also, is it me, or did the blonde city guard guy, Haans I think his name was, recognize the one titan who ate the kid's mother? I couldn't tell whether that was just sheer terror on his part, or whether he actually recognized him. Hmm.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:40 pm

I normally don't read the manga before I watch the anime, but I just couldn't resist. My attention span is too short to wait a week for the story to progress >__>

That kinda ruined Magi for me, but with this series I don't mind if I go through it again because the story's just that good. Plus the godlike animation will keep me hooked if all else fails. |:>

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:57 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:That was some pretty crazy stuff. I was also left with a very visceral feeling, which I liked. I wat'd quite a bit. Also not reading the manga until the show is over, per suggestion above.
Spoiler :
Also, is it me, or did the blonde city guard guy, Haans I think his name was, recognize the one titan who ate the kid's mother? I couldn't tell whether that was just sheer terror on his part, or whether he actually recognized him. Hmm.

x2
Spoiler :
Also one of the things I noticed is that some of the titans have some pretty ordinary haircuts for giant zombie-like naked titans. Does kinda make you wonder.
Under Construction

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 pm

it's interesting, let's see the next

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 am

So in love with its OP, hoo man.
Episode 1 was really close to the manga. I also like the anime's character style like 10 trillion times more than the manga.

Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
Org Profile

Post by Cross/fade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 am

Guys, please tell me that MC gets more tolerable with time ....

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:40 am

Cross/fade wrote:Guys, please tell me that MC gets more tolerable with time ....
Kinda sorta. He gets more awesome, definitely, but his personality doesn't change all that much in the manga.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:30 am

Awww, loving this so freaking much. :awesome:
Spoiler :
I did expect the time skip since there was no way Eren and others would be able to fight the Titans any time soon.
Let's hope we see more blood next week. <3
ImageImage

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:54 am

Misaka forever being a certified badass. God she's awesome.

ARMORED. FUCKING. TITAN. AHHHHH!

The potato scene is happening in the next ep, god bless.

I'm also loving the ED. Misaki is literally Jesus, she deserves an entire ED to herself. I thought I would end up skimming through the episodes like I did with Magi since I read the manga, but the 3D gear and the titan scenes give such a whole new flavor that you really can't experience in the manga like you can in the anime. Extremely excited for the next ep! :up: :bzz: :bzz2:

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Hope it calms down for a bit. After 1st ep I was actually afraid I wouldn't be able to watch the show despite its awesomness, because it got me seriously scared :sweat: Watching things like that alone is waaay to scary for me to bear xD So yup, good 2nd ep wasn't as intense as the first one.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”