Politics

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Re: Politics

Post by Emong » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am

^ Pretty.

In other news, I've been reading an excellent blog: http://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/ The guy is called Michael Roberts, he's a marxist economist and pretty well known at that too. He bases his analysis on the law of the falling rate of profit as the cause of recurrent crises in the capitalist economy. He wrote an excellent (very) brief article in which he summarizes his analysis of the on-going crisis: http://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2 ... it-is-key/

Anyone interested in non-mainstream economics, take a look :up:

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:52 am

I read some guys on the internet quickly saying most states in the US are doing their own revolution not in a violent way but by creating their own parallel societies, parallel money (like using actual gold/silver) and that the power of the USA only exist from our symbolic worldwide system of representation.
It wasn't the subject so he didn't tell more about it but I would like to know if he's true and if he is, if you could give me more informations about it please ^^

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:19 am

(not most but some of)

Btw, sorry about the double post but now that I think about it, I've also seen that vid on YT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9geXO6V5OU
You'll see NYC rappers giving their op about carrying weapons and they're all for it, saying they kinda feel in danger with the police around them and as long as policemen have weapons, they want to have their own ones too. USA makes me scared sometimes...

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:10 am

MimS wrote:I read some guys on the internet quickly saying most states in the US are doing their own revolution not in a violent way but by creating their own parallel societies, parallel money (like using actual gold/silver) and that the power of the USA only exist from our symbolic worldwide system of representation.
It wasn't the subject so he didn't tell more about it but I would like to know if he's true and if he is, if you could give me more informations about it please ^^
That sounds like some of the activities on the extremely laissez-faire capitalist side, especially in the anarcho-capitalist or agorist camps. But except for a vocal minority and some talking heads, that's not common (especially as some of that kind of talk gets into doomsday prepping territory that very few take seriously). There may be talk, but I've certainly not noticed anything like that happen in reality.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:25 am

MimS wrote:I read some guys on the internet quickly saying most states in the US are doing their own revolution not in a violent way but by creating their own parallel societies, parallel money (like using actual gold/silver) and that the power of the USA only exist from our symbolic worldwide system of representation.
I've yet to see/hear any of that personally. O_o

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:40 am

MimS wrote:(not most but some of)

Btw, sorry about the double post but now that I think about it, I've also seen that vid on YT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9geXO6V5OU
You'll see NYC rappers giving their op about carrying weapons and they're all for it, saying they kinda feel in danger with the police around them and as long as policemen have weapons, they want to have their own ones too. USA makes me scared sometimes...
Yeah, it's such a terrifying distopia over here.
:ying:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:25 pm

aesling wrote:
MimS wrote:(not most but some of)

Yeah, it's such a terrifying distopia over here.
Dis topia is way more terrifying than dat topia.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Well, was just asking :p

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:07 pm

For the love of all that is holy, never let MimS watch Fox News.

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:08 pm

It never hurts to ask, but you shouldn't let a few whack jobs on the internet make you think an entire country is a scary place.
:ying:

Return to “General Discussion”