[VivifxAMV] 7 Days With Suzumiya

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

[VivifxAMV] 7 Days With Suzumiya

Post by VivifxAMV » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:09 am

Move over other pairings. HaruhixKyon is coming through!!

This project. Oh my Haruhi it took so much out of me. I started it back in August. At the time I was really excited about working on it. It went on hold when I got back to school and when I realized I would be attending Anime Boston this year, I decided to bring it out of the beta folder. Then the rage began.

I don't think I have ever felt so negatively about a project. I could not get the pacing right, the song is super tricky to work with. Trust me it's deceptive, it lures you in with it's storytelling ability and then it's like ASYMMETRICAL SYNC TO THE FACE. However I pushed through, using my vast haruhi knowledge to find the best clips and try and make it flow. Not sure if I succeeded, but this is the best I think I can make it and I am satisfied! Hope you enjoy it too!
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: [VivifxAMV] 7 Days With Suzumiya

Post by Kireblue » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 am

Great job at finishing this :D I can definitely tell that you put a lot of effort into it. LYRIC SYNC FOR THE WIN! :asd: The only thing that felt weird was that the pacing seemed too consistent. Since you maintained the same pace throughout the entire video, the slower parts of the song felt too fast. And the faster parts of the song felt too slow. But yeah, I can definitely see why this song was hard to edit with. Once again, good job at sticking with this and finishing it :up:

Oh and, I love that you integrated Haruhi-chan into your video and made it look natural. I've never seen anyone do that :awesome: The Haruhi fan in me definitely appreciated that.

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:57 pm

kireblue wrote:Great job at finishing this :D I can definitely tell that you put a lot of effort into it. LYRIC SYNC FOR THE WIN! :asd: The only thing that felt weird was that the pacing seemed too consistent. Since you maintained the same pace throughout the entire video, the slower parts of the song felt too fast. And the faster parts of the song felt too slow. But yeah, I can definitely see why this song was hard to edit with. Once again, good job at sticking with this and finishing it :up:

Oh and, I love that you integrated Haruhi-chan into your video and made it look natural. I've never seen anyone do that :awesome: The Haruhi fan in me definitely appreciated that.
Yeah The pacing was something I really struggled with and I really couldn't do anything about it because the song was so...bizarrely paced itself. Lot of weird sync going on. It was frustrating. So I tried to focus on lyrics and my inner haruhi and just push forward! And yeah I wanted to have a little haruhi chan in there as well, cause it is just too glorious XP
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:12 pm

My general opinion of the video is that it does a good job of being a fun/upbeat AMV and is fun to watch. A good experience and I dug it. Definitely something I'll add to my collection. :)

That being said, the editing feels slow compared to the music, and the literal sync at times is a bit of a stretch, and the zooms were offputting a times. Lip sync/flap (not sure which) were pretty often and needed work on them.

This song is a bitch to edit to though, so I understand. >_> (Still have my version with this song in constant limbo because I hate the pacing of the song).

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:38 pm

CodeZTM wrote:My general opinion of the video is that it does a good job of being a fun/upbeat AMV and is fun to watch. A good experience and I dug it. Definitely something I'll add to my collection. :)

That being said, the editing feels slow compared to the music, and the literal sync at times is a bit of a stretch, and the zooms were offputting a times. Lip sync/flap (not sure which) were pretty often and needed work on them.

This song is a bitch to edit to though, so I understand. >_> (Still have my version with this song in constant limbo because I hate the pacing of the song).
Yeah I agree with all those statements ^^ There is a lot I could have done to clean this up but I was just so sick of it by the end. I felt it was best to just move on and start working on my anime expo stuff. Glad you enjoyed it!
ImageImage

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:50 pm

nice one :D

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:57 pm

omgg this song
One of my favorite really old amvs is also done with this song, so it was hard for me to not be bias x.x
but in the end I did enjoy the editing and overall sync~
:up:

Spoiler :
Also if you are interested in the other amv here it is :dino:

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:53 pm

I really thought this was well done. I couldn't imagine editing with this song. There are so many lyrics in there and I saw the Sailor Moon!!!! That's really all I remember from that song. lol

PS. Thanks for helping Kennedi <3 Her Anime Boston entry was awesome.

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:50 pm

This was pretty nice, but I've definitely seen better from you.

I didn't really like the blur transitions in the first 23 seconds or so, I don't think they were really necessary and they kind of broke the flow a bit for me. I did really like your zooms in that section though! :ying:

I thought your scene selection was really smart in places and it made me smile in parts too, but I felt that the sync got too repetitive and so parts that should have been faster ended up being too slow, for example, 00:36-00:43.

I really enjoyed 1:27-2:04 - the scene selection there was really awesome. :ying:

I understand why this song would be harder to edit with and you did a good job with it too, plus it was nice to finally see another Haruhi video from you! :up:
Rawr desu <3

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:59 am

Hot like wasabi and the finest of the flavors. It has got the boom anime babes guaranteed to satisfy, but shoulda had a samurai.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”