The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

The Vent Thread

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Soooo... There is like totally a tornado on the ground a few miles away. Damn thing is keeping me from working.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:40 am

I'm just...exhausted. Just, so tired.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:17 am

CodeZTM wrote:Soooo... There is like totally a tornado on the ground a few miles away. Damn thing is keeping me from working.
Was really windy here earlier. A tree fell on the neighbors' place, gladly they weren't home.

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:06 pm

It doesn't matter how much you post, it doesn't matter how much effort you put into things, it doesn't matter what you do, because you can't impress everyone.
You can't make everyone happy and you can't force anyone to acknowledge the things you do.
You also can't force people to accept you into the group when they hardly know you.
You can only sit back and hope that some time, in some place, they understand.
This applies here, there, and anywhere. Sometimes you are what is considered "Nothing special" and therefore should be ignored, but know that I, and others, are people as well.
We feel just as much as you do, so know that sometimes your words cut like daggers.

Sorry to be such a downer in the vent thread ^^ :dino: :dino:
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:10 am

I've realized that my life is pretty boring. I'm hoping to get around more often when my friend comes back from the military, as he was the only person I ever really left home to visit often.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Sick and fucking tired of being used as a goddamn emotional crutch. What pisses me off even more is I continue to let it happen, EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:45 pm

9 years and counting. It gets easier over time I guess. I wish I had more pictures.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Pwolf wrote:9 years and counting. It gets easier over time I guess. I wish I had more pictures.
O: ??
ImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 pm

My dad passed away 9 years ago today. I don't talk about it too much (thus being vague). The last few years have been a lot easier as far as general coping. My parents divorced when I was too young to remember and my mother moved us out to California from Connecticut so I only ever talked to him via phone or the once a year visit to CT in the summer. Because of that I never had a real close relationship with him but also not completely distant. There are a lot of unanswered questions about that relationship and I don't really think anyone can answer them. That has probably been the biggest thing about his death that bothers me.

Over time, I've been able to slowly better understand who he was through random conversation with family and friends but also sifting through my own memories as I remember them. It's helped me answer some of the questions or at least come to accept that there might never be an answer. Part of that is as I grow older without him I wonder what our relationship would be like if he were still around. I don't think anyone can answer that question. Probably only I can and I can't do that right now. And that bothers me.

Some people have said I should talk to someone (family, therapist, etc...) about it but honestly I don't think it would really help me find what I'm looking for. The questions are personal and forcing an answer to them by someone who wasn't me or him doesn't really help. At least that's how I see it I guess. I think the way I'm "dealing with it" has been fine. Aside from things I've said to people in the past, I haven't let it affect my behavior or prevent me from being a productive, contributing member of society. I'll get depressed about it from time to time but I go to bed, wake up the next day, go to work, hang out with my friends, and live my life.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. It's really tough to lose a parent, and been 8 years for me. People say that you'll get over it over time, but I personally don't think you can actually completely get over something like that. It definitely won't suck as much after a while, but as you mentioned, there will always be those words stuck in your head that you never got to ask or say. I'm glad that you've been coping better though, and that it doesn't stop you from living your life. Makes me think of the quote, "Life goes on," haha.

:up:
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”