Edos [Amv-France Online Contest 2.0]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
nihilant01
Org Profile

Edos [Amv-France Online Contest 2.0]

Post by nihilant01 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:59 am

My first, and I hope not last, Dance AMV.
I made it for the Amv-France Online Contest 2.0. I had to choose one among three challenges proposed by Naiji, and I chose "Martin Solveig - The Night Out (Madeon Remix)": I like that song a lot and I wanted to make something different from my usual AMVs.
So, that's why I gave birth to Edos. I dedicate this AMV to Edonism, which is one of my favourite school of thought (I'm not Edonist, but I love Philosophy and I think that Dance and Pleasure get along quite well), and to Daft Punk, which is represented by Interstella 5555.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Edos [Amv-France Online Contest 2.0]

Post by AimoAio » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:29 pm

I didn't really like slower parts in between, I dunno why, it just didn't feel like you hit the right mood in those parts. That being said, the upbeat parts were really nicely done. They had good sync and a good feel to them, being packed with energy, nice work. :up:

CacoVenom
Org Profile

Post by CacoVenom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:56 pm

good work Lorenzo,flow, transitions, mask, quality, song are good but I don't like this typography 0:16.
good luck

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:41 pm

I like it, I think it's a good start for the first dance.
the only things I didn't like that at some points the frame rate is a little jerky (clips interstella), then the larger part of the people are women in the video and the song is sung by a man (was a bit strange )
Nevertheless has a good shot selection and not boring and sure to please at fans of this kind of video :up:

nihilant01
Org Profile

Post by nihilant01 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:07 am

TheCacoVenom wrote:good work Lorenzo,flow, transitions, mask, quality, song are good but I don't like this typography 0:16.
good luck
Thank you Elias :). I didn't like it either but I didn't find a better font :(. I won the 3rd place :D.
-Kyros- wrote:I like it, I think it's a good start for the first dance.
the only things I didn't like that at some points the frame rate is a little jerky (clips interstella), then the larger part of the people are women in the video and the song is sung by a man (was a bit strange )
Nevertheless has a good shot selection and not boring and sure to please at fans of this kind of video :up:
You're right bro XD, sorry I couldn't fix that totally. And for the man's voice combined with women singing, you're right again, but it's quite difficult to find male singers in anime :(. Thank you :).
AimoAio wrote:I didn't really like slower parts in between, I dunno why, it just didn't feel like you hit the right mood in those parts. That being said, the upbeat parts were really nicely done. They had good sync and a good feel to them, being packed with energy, nice work. :up:
I'll try to put more effort in editing slower parts from now on, thank you :D.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”