Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Post by XStylus » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:03 pm

MediaFire is no longer recommended for AMV uploads.

They now use a content detection system. If it detects copyrighted music it prohibits downloading and diverts the downloader to the Amazon.com link to buy the song. [rolls eyes]

The detection system sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, so if you still want to try using MediaFire, go ahead, but I may ask you to resubmit if I have difficulties downloading.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 pm

xstylus wrote:MediaFire is no longer recommended for AMV uploads.

They now use a content detection system. If it detects copyrighted music it prohibits downloading and diverts the downloader to the Amazon.com link to buy the song. [rolls eyes]

The detection system sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, so if you still want to try using MediaFire, go ahead, but I may ask you to resubmit if I have difficulties downloading.
Yea, I found that out for SC's AMV contest too

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Sugarsync is also an option for sending AMV submissions as well. It's basically a Dropbox clone, but offers more space (5gb).

PM me privately and I'll send you an invite, which will give you a bonus of 500mb more space.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:35 pm

It is now officially a month before the deadline. Looking forward to seeing some of your entries this year. :)

As of today, there have already been 20 AMVs submitted. I don't recall AX ever having that many so early.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:26 pm

The org post says
--- 2) Maximum Submissions
Entrants may submit two entries for any category, plus a third entry for the Comedy/Humor or Trailer/Parody category. Each entry must be in different categories.

but the AX site says
2. Maximum Submissions
An entrant may submit a maximum of three AMVs plus one Trailer/Parody entry. No two AMVs may be for the same category.

Which one is correct? Are we allowed to submit (2+1) or (3+1)

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 pm

WTF? Thanks for pointing that out. The org rules are accurate. I'll get that fixed ASAP.

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:51 pm

I told myself (ok not me) I wouldn't post here but I really can't believe that there is a month left. I have been making strives to edit everyday since the beginning of this month. So far it's panning out well. Can't wait submit my entry. :D

*disappears into the night*

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:40 pm

kireblue wrote:The org post says
--- 2) Maximum Submissions
Entrants may submit two entries for any category, plus a third entry for the Comedy/Humor or Trailer/Parody category. Each entry must be in different categories.

but the AX site says
2. Maximum Submissions
An entrant may submit a maximum of three AMVs plus one Trailer/Parody entry. No two AMVs may be for the same category.

Which one is correct? Are we allowed to submit (2+1) or (3+1)
Oh whoops, glad this got pointed out, I was gonna prep 4 vids :sweat:

In the process of working on two, one's coming along nicely but I'm pretty stuck on the other one. Hopefully things go smoothly this month!

Also I'm not sure if this would be an issue, but is sending different entries at different times ok? I might be working right up to the deadline, but I would like to send the videos I'm finished with sooner just in case I need to resend ect. Is this ok?

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:14 pm

so the max we can enter is 3, not 4?....>_>;

well there goes my comedy plan.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:40 pm

Rider4Z wrote:so the max we can enter is 3, not 4?....>_>;

well there goes my comedy plan.
I'm finding myself forced to reconsider. I'm a bit of the mindset that once the rules are posted, they're locked unless there's a show-stopping mistake in them (otherwise I would've gone hogwild changing the rules when I took over last year). The mistake in the posted rules obviously isn't such (in fact, possibly the opposite), so...

If someone asks to submit 3+1 as per the website rules, they may do so. I'll try to get the submission form on the website changed which currently reflects 2+1, but getting a change made on the website sometimes isn't very quick, so if someone wishes to submit additional entries accordingly, contact me directly.

In the future, if there's any conflict between the rules here versus the rules on the website, the less restrictive (or the one most beneficial to the entrant) shall prevail.

I'll likewise pay better attention as to which rules version gets submitted for posting to the website.

Return to “AMV Contests”