The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Pwolf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:19 am

Yea, that sucks. Considering most of my extended family lives 3000 miles away on the other coast, I can understand how that could make you feel helpless. Must be that much more worse having family in another country and much much farther away.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:43 am

So my prom is in 2-3 weeks. I wanted a decent dress with a good price, and I found one that I actually like more than expected. I just ordered it maybe half an hour ago, and I went to tell my mom and brother because I was excited. My mom was like, "What are you getting a dress for?" And I told her that it was for a dance, because she wouldn't really know what prom is. She was just saying things in a "motherly" way I guess, like that I have to lose weight for the dress and actually dance and look nice. Blah blah blah lmao. I wasn't offended or anything, because I was in a good mood from ordering the dress (and somewhat nervous too). Then I told my mom that I'm gonna show her the dress, and so I brought her to my computer. I show my mom, and then she just flips out, saying that I already have dresses, that it's too low, that I won't fit it, that there's no point in buying it, asking why I would get a long dress because I'm just gonna drag it around, waste of money, don't know how to spend money, waste money on anything, etc etc. And I'm just thinking, what the fuck? It's not like you're the one fucking paying for it. It's not even that fucking low, ruining my mood and making me feel like crap. And my brother just sits and listens to my mom yelling at me, and doesn't even say anything. It's funny because I'm the one paying for everything and she just says all that shit to me. All of my female friends are talking about how they found the perfect dress, and that they just have to get their parents' approval. I'm just over here like, oh yeah, I'm paying for everything with my own money because my mom would never do that and would rather gamble her money than spend any on me. Oh well. Shit happens.
ImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:46 am

:up:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:26 am

I don't know if this belongs in the happy thread or here, but I'm taking a mental health day from work. I got the first official blemish on my record yesterday by way of yelling at a fuckin' lazy co-worker, but it was my yelling and not her idiocy that they cared about, so I got the lecture. They also coached me on some crimes which I did NOT commit, but fighting those won't get rid of the red mark on a whole. I just can't stand that place anymore. I have to get out. As a stopgap, I'm calling in sick tomorrow. Yes, I'm losing money for that day, but it's better than being fired because I flipped shit on someone, probably a member of management this time.

So, hooray for the day off, but boo on how I got to that mindset.

I have started looking online for a new job, and I'm finding it incredibly discouraging. It seems like I'm not qualified for anything. It's all crap retail that can't pay the bills or else specialized work for which I don't have the required experience.

I'm so tired of being unhappy.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:45 am

The guy I wanted to ask to prom already has a date <_<
ImageImage

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:47 am

Kimberly wrote:The guy I wanted to ask to prom already has a date <_<
My cat is still available
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:41 pm

The tendon on the inside of my left foot has been screaming in pain since i got back from Sakuracon. I don't know to stretch it or to stay off it or what. It keeps waking my over-tired ass up too, so getting back to a normal sleep pattern has been very difficult...

Also wracking my brain to find scenes to fit this timeline with 7 days until the AB deadline and about 20 days worth of work to do. :amv:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:04 pm

You've sure got a tendon-cy for body pain, Bashar.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:39 pm

I twisted my right foot yesterday and now I can barely walk... wtf stupid feet

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:22 pm

de pain! de pain of de-feet!
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Discussion”