Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Post by mirkosp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:37 am

AniDB wrote:Mysterious invaders called the Septentriones arrive in Japan and begin attacking the country on a Sunday. To fight back, the heroes in Devil Survivor 2 signed a pact with the devil to become the Thirteen Devil Messengers. The Septentriones show up at least once a day and you have a time limit of seven days to defeat them.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Angsty Digimon!

But seriously, this was a pretty heavy first ep and I loved every second of it. This will definitely be something I'll look forward to every week. Plus the music so far is awesome!

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Talk about something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to fill in the void left by Polar Bear Cafe.

Digging the first episode, it had a nice mood and animation. Love how the main has Byakko as his Persona demon. Haven't played either of the games so im going into this blind, cant wait to see where it takes me.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm sad this is just Devil Survivor 2 and not Devil Survivor 1 (THAT story is just fantabulous), but this one is just as good honestly. The Devil Survivor series generally:
Spoiler :
focuses on the survival of the human race as a whole, usually involving god or an omnimpetent being as an ally or as an asshole. Devil Survivor 2 especially wracked up the survivor bits. DRAMAZ COMING EVERWHERE.
Seriously, keep watching it though. I'm not sure how the plot is going to unfold, since there are multiple plot routes in the game, but there are some really awesome things that could come of this.
Spoiler :
Meanwhile, I wonder how they will handle the demons, since they can purchase them and have multiple ones in the games. The main characters can also use spells, but I'm sure it will be like PErsona 4 and leave them useless and have them fight with just demons.
But yeah, I am VERY excited for this and all the other Persona related anime coming out. This is seriously my favorite franchise when it comes to gaming, right up there with Pokemon. :3

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Daamn that first episode was badass! Definitely in my favorites :D

NotReallyHere
The Macho Man
Org Profile

Post by NotReallyHere » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:43 am

I like it so far, hope it keeps up like this. :)

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:37 am

Nothing surprinsing. It feels like i already watched a lot of a anime like this and i've never played the game, so i can't say i'm really excited for this.
But well, i think atlus fans will enjoy this a lot :uhoh:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:04 pm

I love the idea so far, it feels like Persona where they wield monsters/supernatural beings as weapons for fighting. :up: I'm pretty tempted to get the game but I think I'll watch another episode or two before I decide. Will be following this series for sure though, I have high hopes for something awesome to come out of it!

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Definitely a persona vibe in this series, which is not a bad thing. I'm hoping the summons actually have some kind of personality and aren't just soulless props that get pulled out during fights, but it doesn't look that way too much from the first ep. Either way this is still one of the series I'm most interested in this season

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:34 am

This looks very promising. :up:
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”