Magi

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Magi

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:49 pm

This show is really fun, I'm definitely going to have to read the manga when the show finishes. Is this an ongoing manga? Will we get more anime seasons?

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:30 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:This show is really fun, I'm definitely going to have to read the manga when the show finishes. Is this an ongoing manga? Will we get more anime seasons?
Yes, and probably yes. I don't think there's a set episode number on this still on MAL. And as of episode 21 (haven't watched the latest ep) they reached the end of chapter 95. There are about 176 chapters out now, and needless to say these guys are pumping through these chapters like it's nothing. But honestly this is one of those series that I really wouldn't mind watching some fillers of if they end up making this one of those longer animes.

Also, the manga is still as awesome as ever! The quality is still top notch and the story just as good, if not better than the first arc. Not to mention the current arc is the absolute best. It's definitely worth a read. :up:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Sweet deal. :shark:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:01 pm

I'd definitely recommend giving it a read too since they changed some of the stuff in the Balbaad/Sindria arc. Though even if you're not planning to read the whole manga, I'd at least take a look at Sinbad's side story which is here. Since it's called a "Prototype" and was bundled as a bonus for the first DVD release, it leads me to believe that if it does well it'll be a continuous series of short stories cause with that ending...well you'll know if you read it. :D MAL entry is here, the short story is around 70-ish pages long with some extra information about character designs at the end.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:56 pm

hmm, didn't think it would come to an end so abruptly. oh well, at least I can start on the manga now without worrying about spoiling upcoming anime eps.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Kinda sad having to see this end abruptly like this. Was starting to really good again.
Under Construction

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:16 am

Actually I just saw this. Seems like there WILL be a second season after all, which makes me wonder why on earth they did an anime original ending. :|

TEKnician
Org Profile

Magi

Post by TEKnician » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:20 pm

Episode 25 in 2 days...
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:56 pm

So, anime is finished so I started on the manga. The surprising thing is that the anime ending isn't all that different from the manga, they switched a lot of the events around chronologically but the only real difference is that Alibaba never went completely into dark king mode in the manga, he just got cursed and then cured. But the anime could easily pick up from where it left off if they ever choose to continue it, which is good, unlike series like soul eater where they did a complete anime ending.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”