Spring 2013 Anime Series (with chart link)

Jasta85
Org Profile

Spring 2013 Anime Series (with chart link)

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:42 pm

So, didn't see a post of this anywhere so i'll put this up. Here is what seems to be the final chart (too big to embed):
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... nime-chart

A LOT of stuff coming up, a few highlights that either look good or provoke the wtf factor.

My "Must see" list:
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Awake ga Nai: This is a no-brainer, I am ridiculously happy that this is coming out.
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S: More Misaka and her homosexual teleporter sidekick, YES!
Dragon Ball Z: Kami to Kami - Ok, it's a dragon ball z movie, guess I shouldn't be too surprised, however it's apparently canon. I need to see it just to see what craziness has happened since the end of the series. My honor as an otaku demands it.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku: Outbreak - I will probably regret seeing this, but see it I must.

My "I'm Interested" list:
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko: A pervert who no one recognizes as a pervert and wants everyone to acknowledge him as one. wut?
Hataraku Maou-sama: Sounds like it could be fun, demon lord in one world forced into blue collar labor in another.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W: Ok, honestly the first series wasn't all that good, but for some reason I still watched it all (or skimmed some of the eps at least) but I think i'll be continuing it for some unknown reason.
Mushibugyou: samurai law enforcement
Shingeki no Kyojin: The cover art interests me
Arata Kangatari: Cross dressing time travelers or something?
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge: Guy with magical scissors that can cut anything tries to cut the hair of a girl with uncuttable hair, and then protect her from bad guys? wut???
Ginga Kikoutai Majestice Prince: It's got mecha
Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties: Looks like it's taking a page from amagami ss
Sparrow's Hotel: Assassin with big breasts trying to run a hotel, ok you've convinced me to take a look
Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku: Lucky Star Spinoff
Devil Survivor 2: Persona 4 vibes?
Suisei no Gargantia: Really long description, but sounds interesting

My, "What is this and why does it exist?" list:
my little pony, Japanese Dub - I have no idea how this came to be but it somehow exists.
Katanagatari: I actually enjoyed this series, what confuses me is that it's being rerun, why? I don't recall it being THAT amazing.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Re: Spring 2013 Anime Series (with chart link)

Post by Qyot27 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:26 am

I actually made my seasonal list a few weeks ago.

Date A Live
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
Ore no Imouto 2nd Season
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:27 am

Stuff I'm probably not gonna drop:
Shingeki no Kyojin (I heard the manga was great and the PV is just.....o__o Here comes the new SAO of AMVs)
Yondemasu yo Azazel-san (loved the first season to death!)
Devil Survivor 2 (the plot seems right up my alley and I think it's in the same universe as Persona so that's cool)
Suisei no Gargantia (Gen Urobuchi and mechas, it just does not sound like it'll fail)
Kakumeiki Valvrave (Ever since I finished Break Blade I've been on a mecha fix, and there just so happens to be three mecha animes this season that I'm interested in, awesome!)
Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince (more mecha anime!)

Stuff I'm interested in:
Aku no Hana (I've been playing this by ear and I've heard that the manga is like school days, and I heard that school days is bad. But my gut tells me this might be a good one so we'll see)
Photo Kano (Madhouse and romance, it sounds great. I think this one's a harem and I'm not really a fan of those, but I'll still check it out)
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru (more obligatory romance anime)
Mushibugyou (ever since the first spring chart came out this looked cool to me, but I saw the PV and the animation wasn't that great to me. Though I'll still watch a few eps before I make any assumptions)

Oh and don't even get me started with the movies....HANASAKU IROHA MOVIE AND KICK-HEART I CAN'T EVEN

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:21 am

Why is Karneval on none of your lists? :cry: I read the manga for this and I've been waiting for almost a year for this anime to air! It will be so awesome! :up:

I have high expectations of these:
Devil Survivor 2 because Atlus, plus if it's good I'll probably buy the game too.
Suisei no Gargantia, because Urobuchi.
Shingeki no Kyojin, saw a trailer for this and it looks epic.

Some others I'll try for a few episodes:
Joujuu, read 1 chapter of manga and looks interesting so far.
Ginga Kikoutai, space stuff.
Kakumeiki Valvrave, because Sunrise.
Arata Kangatari, setting looks pretty awesome.
Aku no Hana, cause the manga is so twisted and I'm curious how much they'll show in anime form. XD
Might watch UtaPri S2 aswell since I sorta liked the first season but I'm not hoping high for it to be awesome.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:52 am

AimoAio wrote:Why is Karneval on none of your lists? :cry: I read the manga for this and I've been waiting for almost a year for this anime to air! It will be so awesome! :up:
LOL I've heard great things about the manga so I was curious, but it looks like there are a lot of bishies.....

Though I'll still try an episode or two before saying anything <___<

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:49 pm

Aku no Hana is the only show that'll get my full attention since I've been keeping up with that depraved manga.

Some others I'll watch but it'll only be casual viewings.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:56 am

Fairly excited, there looks like a lot of awesome stuff :O

Already watched some RDG, dropped it, not my thing.

Also watched the Anime Mirai short "Little Witch Academia," it was freaking awesome. Entire series of this, please.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:28 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:Also watched the Anime Mirai short "Little Witch Academia," it was freaking awesome. Entire series of this, please.
Agreed! The universe they created is just awesome as hell. I could imagine this being aired on an American cartoon channel, it feels more cartoony than normal anime I've seen. And the animation style is just so refreshing! This was a really great debut for what Trigger can pull off. I can't wait to see what they have in store for in the future.

Though I'm still more excited to see Death Billiards. Madhouse + pool sounds crazy cool.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:54 am

pacotacoshell wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:Also watched the Anime Mirai short "Little Witch Academia," it was freaking awesome. Entire series of this, please.
Agreed! The universe they created is just awesome as hell. I could imagine this being aired on an American cartoon channel, it feels more cartoony than normal anime I've seen. And the animation style is just so refreshing! This was a really great debut for what Trigger can pull off. I can't wait to see what they have in store for in the future.

Though I'm still more excited to see Death Billiards. Madhouse + pool sounds crazy cool.
Yes! The characters were great too, very likable and high energy.

Trigger is going to announce their first TV anime soon-ish. There's not much known about it yet, other than it will be "hot blooded." I can't wait.

Death Billiards does look/sound amazing. With a title like that, it better be.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:43 am

pacotacoshell wrote: Devil Survivor 2 (the plot seems right up my alley and I think it's in the same universe as Persona so that's cool)
Same multiverse as Persona. Different timeline, since Persona takes place on a timeline where the ICBM catastrophe was averted, and Devil Survivor takes place before the ICBM catastrophe even happened. So God was never killed by Aleph in the Persona timeline. Although, they're all universes connected by a network.

Anyways, watching Devil Survivor 2, Oreimo, and Railgun.

Return to “General Anime”