P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals - "Favoritism"

Kimberly
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals - "Favoritism"

Post by Kimberly » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:46 pm

Though for concept, wouldn't it be a bit unfair? Since people are basically recreating an AMV
ImageImage

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:46 pm

I anticipated this type of theme, and if I'm honest to myself and do my first idea then this is going to be pretty obvious. :P
Radical_Yue wrote:Quick question, how are the judges going to critique this? Only reason I ask is because when we got a similar theme in TTT we got nothing but comments on how "the original video is crap, so this video is crap."

There are some really freakin' amazing videos out there but they're best known for weird/old styles and I'd rather not lie and say my favorite video is something new and shiny just to avoid having my taste in videos ripped apart.
x2

I'd like to add that it upset me as well during TTT that one judge actually scrutinized aspects of the original video and included those in their judges comments/scoring. Many of my favorites are picked because of the way they influenced me as an editor and how much I personally enjoy them. So for a judge to bash the original AMV, especially older videos, as part of their critique on our remake and lower our scores because of their dislike of the original video won't sit too well with me. Just had to put that out there. It's not that I think this specific judging pool will do that, but someone in the TTT pool did.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:32 pm

Kimberly wrote:Though for concept, wouldn't it be a bit unfair? Since people are basically recreating an AMV
For concept, I think that it would be fair to judge this mostly by what the new video brings to the table. For example: was a remake of , but it added a new concept on top of what was already there. By limiting the sources strictly to Ghibli, and adding in all of the studio scenes, she made one of the best Project Org Editor vids that I've seen. Another example of a good remake is how was a remake of . The idea of taking a upbeat dance vid, and remaking it with Helsing was hilarious! Ileia didn't just make a clone of the original, she added a spin to it and made a masterpiece of her own. This is the semi-finals guys! So its time to put on your thinking caps. All of you have already proven that you are great editors, so the remake rounds of Org Editor are your chance to show us how creative you can be.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:58 pm

I can remain objective when it comes to taste.. I have no reason to bash the original video.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 pm

Well, I'm going to be eliminated.

I'm totally fine with going out by updating and paying homage to the original video. After all, it's one of my favorites so I don't think I can bring myself to change everything I like about the video to score points. I'm not going to take a video I adore and make it retarded just so I can move on to the next round. If you want to DQ me because of it, please do it now so someone else can take my place.

:taco:

I don't really see how I can take my favorite video, take all the things that make it special to me, and then make that totally different. That kind of feels like shitting on my favorite video...

The previous rounds were just "take whatever video from this list. It doesn't matter and you really don't have to care about it" and change it. That is easy to do. But to take something I like and totally change the meaning? Not cool bro.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:08 pm

Yue this is gonna sound harsh, but in the interest of time.. drop or stfu and edit.

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:22 pm

meleechampion wrote:Yue this is gonna sound harsh, but in the interest of time.. drop or stfu and edit.
No need to be rude.
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:31 pm

SilverFreedoms wrote:
meleechampion wrote:Yue this is gonna sound harsh, but in the interest of time.. drop or stfu and edit.
No need to be rude.
STOP JUDGING HOW HE'S JUDGING HER JUDGEMENT OF THE JUDGE'S POTENTIAL JUDGING JUDGEMENTS
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:37 pm

I wanna say I see this round as more something like this: I saw this amv some years ago and fell in love with it.. slightly out of tribute to my love for it and also to create my own spin on the song it I created this amv. Yes, both use the same song, but neither use the same video source. Or shall I compare this video to this?

I don't think that Code is asking people to re-create a video that you love and "update the editing" in any way, but more so make a tribute/your own version of perhaps the same concept using the same song of one of your favorite videos.

I won't question people's taste in AMVs in any way but that's pretty much me (and I've posted so already). I have my own weird taste in videos so I really can't bash others for what they like. :P

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:59 am

I wasn't planning on dropping, I'll be making a video no matter what. I was just stating my view on it which, from what I can tell, is the opposite of what most others are expecting. Since I'm choosing to do it my way instead of say, taking a classic action video and turning it into a comedy video by turning all swords into dicks, I'm just basically saying upfront that if the judges/coordinator think my disregard of theme is a waste of time then they're free to kick me out now. I don't know if my statements are being taken as rawr bitching but I was just trying to be like "hey guyz, I think this is stupid soooo Imma do it this way. If you don't like that, feel free to boot me now so someone else can take my place."

So yeah, sorry for posting my opinion but I do look forward to those who message me to tell me what a complainy pants bitch I am and just how easy it is and how their idea for it is awesome. Those are always fun :3

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”