CNUCon 2013! Deadline EXTENDED TO 27th! NEED SUBMISSIONS!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Davis 51
Org Profile

CNUCon 2013! Deadline EXTENDED TO 27th! NEED SUBMISSIONS!

Post by Davis 51 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:56 pm

The deadline is March 24 at 11:59 PM! DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 27th! The Contest is March 30th.

I will be sending confirmation emails throughout the week as I get to them.

The rules are as follows:

1. No nudity, or excessive gore/violence. Keep it PG-13.
2. Run time may be anywhere between 1 minute and 6 minutes. This will be strictly enforced.
3. Each entrant is permitted a single entry per category.
4. Acceptable footage includes Anime and Japanese Video Game footage. 'American' anime such as Afro Samurai, Animatrix, etc. is accepted, so long as it is animated by a Japanese Animation Studio.
5. Audio must be primarily music and may not include excessive dialogue/narration. The exception is videos that qualify as "trailers."
6. Entries will be sent through an upload site such as Rapidshare, or through the AnimeMusicVideos.org catalog. With the exception of AnimeMusicVideos.org, one should not have to register or pay anything to be able to download a video. If we find it's behind a registration wall/paywall, we will ask for another link. If you do not provide one, you will be disqualified.
7. The categories will be Action, Drama, Upbeat/Dance, Romance/Sentimental, Comedy/Parody. Trailers should be entered in the category most closely related to subject matter. Categories that do not receive at least 4 entries may be merged with their nearest counterpart. This may also happen if one category is disproportionately smaller than others. If you submitted to more than one category, and categories you submitted to end up merged, both your entries will still be counted, provided they both become finalists.
9. The contest will be screened at a resolution of 720x480. Entrees not in this format will be scaled appropriately, so it is strongly encouraged that entrees submit in this format. In addition, please ensure that your video is flagged for 4:3 playback. If it is flagged in 16:9, then everything will appear stretched out when we play it. We highly recommend you letterbox the footage ahead of time. We will do what we can, but we can't promise anything.
10. Videos will be played back as either MPEG's or MPEG-2's. Videos that are not submitted to one of these formats will be converted into MPEG-2's. Entrants are strongly encouraged to submit in 720X480 4:3 Flagged MPEG-2, at either 29.97 fps, or 23.976 with 3:2 pulldown selected (see Scintilla's guide link below for the best way to do this). If you are encoding in MPEG-2, please encode your audio as MPEG-1 Layer 2 or AC3. MP3s, WAVs, and others will not work and we will be forced to convert them.
11. We accept the following frame rates: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, and 30. If your submission is not in one of those, it will be rejected outright.
12. We accept the most file formats and methods of compression, however, we will not accept .mov or .wmv files. If you are using Windows Movie Maker, please output to AVI. If we are unable to convert to .MPG, we will attempt to contact you. There is a file-size limit of 2 Gigabytes.
13. No studio bumpers or official logos. If we can't remove it, and you can't get us a backup, the video is disqualified.
14. No audio from the official English dubs.
15. Entrants who knowingly attempt to circumvent these rules will have ALL of their submissions disqualified.
16. Videos will be accepted regardless of past victories in other contests, as long as they have been made between March 24th 2012 and March 24th 2013. NO ANTI-TROLLING RULE THIS YEAR!
17. We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason whatsoever.

This guide might be useful for making your video MPEG-2 for conventions: http://www.aquilinestudios.org/mpegforcons.html (Yes, link to the AMV App on that page is outdated as hell, I know. You can find the most current version here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/.

HOW TO ENTER:

Send your submissions to anime@cnu.edu with the subject line "AMV CONTEST ENTRY." If you do not submit it with that subject line, there is no guarantee we will enter it. Videos should contain either the studio name or the name you want to appear on the ballot, followed by a dash and a video title, like this: "Studio name - Video Title.mpeg"

In your email, include a link to download your video, and a TEXT FILE containing the following:
Name (Please use your real name)
Video Title
Source Anime
Song Used
Song Artist
Category desired (we reserve the right to change this)
Email (again, this is in case we have to contact you. We will not give away your email for any reason).
Address (so we may mail prizes out, should you win)
Are you attending the con? (Y/N).

We will email you when we have received and tested your entry to play on our system. The later you send your entry, the later we will get back to you. If you send at the last minute, you will NOT receive confirmation until after the deadline has passed, and you won't be able to resubmit if something goes wrong, so get it in early! THERE IS NO DEADLINE EXTENSION, BECAUSE THERE WILL NOT BE ENOUGH TIME TO TEST NEW ENTRIES!

Contestants found to be falsifying information will be disqualified.

Awards include first place in each category, Best in Show, and Coordinators choice.
Each category winner, along with Coordinators Choice, shall receive a $10 gift certificate to Amazon.com, with the Best in Show receiving a $25 gift certificate. There shall be no prizes for runner ups this year, however, if this contest is well received and the convention is successful enough, expect prize value to increase in the future.

NOTE: PRIZES SHALL ONLY BE AWARDED TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS! If you live in the US, we'll mail it to you. Cost and legal issues prevent us from mailing it elsewhere.

We have an XBOX HUEG time slot allotted, so its highly unlikely any video will be rejected outright. However, if we receive like a million entries, finalists shall be determined by a panel of four judges, including myself. Judges shall be barred from voting in the final contest however. Entrees will be examined based on originality, editing skill, video/audio output quality, and entertainment value.

HEY GUYS! THANKS FOR READING THIS FAR! I apologize for the delay in getting this up, we were trying to time it with a massive website update. Unfortunately, that has turned out to be a giant clusterfrak. Regardless, all of you helped us hold a tremendous contest last year, so lets make this one just as awesome! Thank you and happy editing!
Last edited by Davis 51 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Under The Box Productions is my studio.
My youtube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheBoxProduct

SprinkleSprankles
Org Profile

Re: CNUCon 2013! Accepting Submissions! Deadline March 24

Post by SprinkleSprankles » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:25 pm

Sent in my entries today! :dino:

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Only 13 days to go, and only 4 submissions received! Please send in more! Honestly, you're pretty much guaranteed to be in the contest, so you've got nothing to lose!

-Justin Davis

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:18 pm

We got like 13 entries so far. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY THE 27th at 2PM

Krigen
Org Profile

Re: CNUCon 2013! Deadline EXTENDED TO 27th! NEED SUBMISSIONS

Post by Krigen » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:26 pm

I hope this contest turns out as good as last years!

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:44 pm

You're biased.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 am

Hope you get enough entries to put on a good show! :sorcerer:
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Thank you to everyone who made a last minute submission!

2 quick announcements!

First: The categories of Upbeat and Comedy have been combined to be the singular category of "Fun". This was necessary due to the least amount of entries being in those two categories.

Second: If you submitted, you got in, unless you got an email from me stating otherwise. There were only two disqualifications, and they were for technical reasons.

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:39 pm

WINRARS ARE IN!

Below is a list of all the finalists. The bold ones are first place in their respective categories.

Action
01 Yer Guns, Put Them On-Sengoku Basara-Rin to shite saku hana no gotoku-Red Litmus-Brakus Media
02 War-Various-This is War-30 Seconds to Mars-King Brown
03 Velociraptor-Evangelion 1.11 & Evangelion 2.22-Dinosaurs with Guns-Teki Latex-Kyssifur
04 Blackout Shooter-Black Rock Shooter-Blackout-Breathe Carolina-I33meatwad
05 Something Beautiful-Aquarion Evol-I Want to Destroy Something Beautiful-Josh Woodward-Pinkhearter13
06 Radioactive-Deadman Wonderland; Mirai Nikki; Summer Wars-Radioactive-Imagine Dragons-Nicole Manzo
07 Polytheism-Neon Genesis Evangelion-Again-Flyleaf-TritioAFB
08 Skull and CrossShield-Sword Art Online-Skull and Crossbones-Klaus Badelt-Yumfoo

Fun, FUn, FUN!
09 Kount Krausula-Various-The Song of the Count (Lemon Demon edit)-Sesame Street-drewaconclusion
10 I Think She Hates Me-Various-She Hates Me-Puddle of Mudd-Elisabeth Duty
11 Anten Piece-Outlaw Star-One Piece Rap-Freshco-I33meatwad
12 DISCO 4.0-Various-Who's That Chick? (Monstar Remix)-Rihanna feat. David Guetta-GuntherAMVs
13 Battle of 2000: Takoyaki Wars-Cardcaptor Sakura-Angry Birds Theme-Pomplamoose-Pacotacoshell

Drama
14 Hall of Fame-Dragonball, Dragonball Z-Hall of Fame-The Script-Drabaz
15 Rideback Girl-Rideback-Superman-Five For Fighting-Jump Cut Productions
16 Make Your Own Tomorrow-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Various-Destroy-Worth Dying For-King Brown
17 Schizoception-Madoka Magica-Whirring-The Joy Formidable-Mycathatesyou
18 Envy's Turmoil-Princess TuTu-Whisper of Hope-Gothic Storm-Pinkhearter13
19 Revolution of Sin-Revolutionary Girl Utena-Breathe of Life-Florence + the Machine-Yami Ten'ou Studios

Romance/Sentimental
20 Till Then-Denpa Onna-When Can I See You Again?-Owl City-GuntherAMVs
21 BFB-B Gata H Kei-My Best Friends Brother-Victoria Justice-Jump Cut Productions
22 Tough Love-Toradora!, K-ON!-We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together-Taylor Swift-I33meatwad
23 Bored With Me-Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!-Finding Something To Do-Hellogoodbye-Pacotacoshell
24 Impossible to Find-Eureka 7-Fall For You-Secondhand Serenade-Pinkhearter13
25 An Apology-Various-An Apology-LEMMiNO ft. VEELA-Sprinkle Sprankles

Best in Show: Kount Krausula-Various-The Song of the Count (Lemon Demon edit)-Sesame Street-drewaconclusion

Editors Choice: Hall of Fame-Dragonball, Dragonball Z-Hall of Fame-The Script-Drabaz

Prizes will be mailed out sometime next week. Congrats to all the winners!

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Woah, cool. Congrats to everyone!

Return to “AMV Contests”