P.O.E Season 3 : Round 3 - "Mythical Tales"

meleechampion
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 3 - "Mythical Tales"

Post by meleechampion » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:14 pm

CodeZTM wrote:So... I've been contacted by several people in the last few hours. So what's the public consensus on having an extension until Sunday (giving you the rest of this week)? I am loathe to do it, but the purpose of the contest is to have videos made and to have fun, and from what I am hearing, there seems to be a large number of people on the verge of dropping and/or not publishing work they want to put out.
I feel like a lot of the reason I didn't make it through last round was because of the deadline, I didn't whine and complain for an extension. A deadline is a deadline, and a huge part of contests like these. For consistency's sake an extension shouldn't even be considered.

:down:

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 pm

CodeZTM wrote:So... I've been contacted by several people in the last few hours. So what's the public consensus on having an extension until Sunday (giving you the rest of this week)? I am loathe to do it, but the purpose of the contest is to have videos made and to have fun, and from what I am hearing, there seems to be a large number of people on the verge of dropping and/or not publishing work they want to put out.
Ughhhh....that sucks guys. An extension would have been great to ask for days ago, but here we are 3 hours from the deadline and I have already destroyed my eyes from the past two evenings of marathon editing when I could have taking it easier? (I say 2 days because I got my concept nailed down a bit late in the process.) :P

(Sorry, just venting some frustration.)

I guess I'd be a little more understanding if I hadn't already buckled down and squeezed every ounce of my time since Monday knowing that meeting the deadline is part of the competition. But, I can understand if it's necessary to give until tomorrow night if people may need an extra day to do some finishing touches, but four more days is too much and seems like enough time for someone who hasn't even started yet to make an entire video. I'm not against people having fun or making something they like, but some editors, like myself, have only limited days/time to edit with and I push myself to get the job done, sometimes against all concern for my sleep schedule or health. :(

I vote :up: to and extension only if it's until tomorrow, otherwise :down:.

Now back to editing...

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Well I'd love an extension to Sunday. I've got literally nothing done because of IRL shit, and had PM'd Code to drop; however if others are in favor of an extension then I'd love a chance to actually put something out this round.
:up:
Image Image

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Mmmmkway, I think I've got a general idea of how you guys feel. Thanks for the responses both in thread and via pm/skype.

I'll go with this and consider it the new official deadline.

Please have your AMVs in my hands by 6 PM CST tomorrow. That is about the time when I get home from work, and I WILL be checking it them. Any videos not in by then are forfeit.

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:08 pm

The extension is your call ultimately. If you choose to extend, it will help some and make a few upset, unfortunately not everyone can be pleased. Do as you see fit.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:10 am

I'm on animated's side for this one.

sakuraslight
Need more Jiggawatts
Org Profile

Post by sakuraslight » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Entrants are expected to compete in each and every round. Please DO NOT sign up if you do not have the time/energy to enter the competition.
videos must be ready on time...

Sorry but i disagree with the time extensions. Evan with this i would only have 30 mins extra editing time. As it was 3 AM here when the extension was announced and i work till 8 pm.
ImageImage

alchemymini
doesn't eat shoes
Org Profile

Post by alchemymini » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:46 pm

I agree that there should not of been an extension given...I'm not even in this competition, but I know people who worked their asses off to reach that deadline...now those who fooled around or didn't manage their time well are getting privilege...Seems pretty messed up to me.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Welp, I understand the frustrations. I'll chalk this up to a learning experience. From now on, no more deadlines in the middle of the week. :sweat:

Oh, and as an apology for the slight delay in the contest, please accept this hint towards the winter contest I will be holding. Not like it means a lot, but should make for interesting conversations. I hope. :uhoh:

I'll start uploading entries as soon as I get home.

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 pm

alchemymini wrote:I agree that there should not of been an extension given...I'm not even in this competition, but I know people who worked their asses off to reach that deadline...now those who fooled around or didn't manage their time well are getting privilege...Seems pretty messed up to me.
No use dwelling on it further.
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”