[Re-Evolution] Whipped Cream

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
alchemymini
doesn't eat shoes
Org Profile

[Re-Evolution] Whipped Cream

Post by alchemymini » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:25 pm

This is the first full I have made in about a year's time, and while it definitely could be improved in some instances, in others I feel it is one of the best AMVs I have ever made. It was made for one of my oldest friend's birthdays. I wanted to make him smile, and considering he gave me an A- on it I feel pretty accomplished! As for Wolf Children, this is truly a wonderful and beautiful anime movie that everyone should see, and I highly recommend it! Please be aware there ARE spoilers in this AMV for those of you who have not seen the Wolf Children movie. That being said, I hope you all enjoy my AMV as much as I did making it!

Taite
Org Profile

Re: [Re-Evolution] Whipped Cream

Post by Taite » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:48 pm

This is just my kind of amv, if it weren't for 1:42+ :? The entire amv had the perfect scene selection, but the shakes and extremely hard blurs past 1:42 were nearly unbearable, plus the two-scene flashes like at 2:03 that occurred a lot. When that stuff wasn't happening, it was good.
At 2:40, you do that tunnely effect, which I feel was off by a second and should have started at 2:39, or whenever the electric guitar kicked in. I think it was also a tad too fast; it had the potential took like nice and represent a different part of the amv, but it dragged on too long and the scenes zoomed too fast. And then the awkward part at 2:51, where you have the drum beats, and absolutely zero are hit, and instead you have this break from a really fast part to one super slow scene. This is the only part in which I argue with, say, transitions or cut time. Should have been faster (as in on the drum beats).
Unlike the parts with the blurs and shakes, the cuts and scenes themselves were fine, it was just what you added.
Up to 1:42 is literally so perfect to me, the scene selection and cuts and utter simplicity, that I was so bummed out about the rest I'm not sure what to think now. It's not too horrible, but definitely doesn't compare with the first half, and I wish it did. Nevertheless, I'd still give a 3/5 or a like on youtube, all that jazz. :) Definitely convinced me to watch this movie too, the feels are so much.
Image Image

sakuraslight
Need more Jiggawatts
Org Profile

Post by sakuraslight » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:06 pm

I loved this video ^^ good job

great work.
ImageImage

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Enjoyed every bit of this :up:

alchemymini
doesn't eat shoes
Org Profile

Post by alchemymini » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Tearx wrote:Enjoyed every bit of this :up:
Thank you so very much! I am glad you enjoyed it so much! That fills me with the happiness of a cup of hot cocoa on a chilly winter day~!
sakuraslight wrote:I loved this video ^^ good job

great work.
Thank you very much Sak~! Your opinion means a lot to me and I am very glad you enjoyed it!
Taite wrote:This is just my kind of amv, if it weren't for 1:42+ :? The entire amv had the perfect scene selection, but the shakes and extremely hard blurs past 1:42 were nearly unbearable, plus the two-scene flashes like at 2:03 that occurred a lot. When that stuff wasn't happening, it was good.
At 2:40, you do that tunnely effect, which I feel was off by a second and should have started at 2:39, or whenever the electric guitar kicked in. I think it was also a tad too fast; it had the potential took like nice and represent a different part of the amv, but it dragged on too long and the scenes zoomed too fast. And then the awkward part at 2:51, where you have the drum beats, and absolutely zero are hit, and instead you have this break from a really fast part to one super slow scene. This is the only part in which I argue with, say, transitions or cut time. Should have been faster (as in on the drum beats).
Unlike the parts with the blurs and shakes, the cuts and scenes themselves were fine, it was just what you added.
Up to 1:42 is literally so perfect to me, the scene selection and cuts and utter simplicity, that I was so bummed out about the rest I'm not sure what to think now. It's not too horrible, but definitely doesn't compare with the first half, and I wish it did. Nevertheless, I'd still give a 3/5 or a like on youtube, all that jazz. :) Definitely convinced me to watch this movie too, the feels are so much.
Thank you so much for being so honest in your review of this AMV! This is the kind of criticism I really needed to be honest, because, as you pointed out the ending of this AMV maybe was not as strong as the first half. I think this is mostly because raw editing/lyric sync has always been my strong suite and I was able to pour my all into the first half and notice mistakes I made and fix them quickly during the beta process. The second half...while I am proud I tried a lot of new things, I can understand your discomfort with the shakes. Looking back now, I probably should of toned them down a bit and will keep this in mind for AMVs in the future. I am sorry they were unbearable, but glad you watched all the way through to the end!As for the effect at the end I was going for a bit of a "life is flashing before our eyes so quickly it is hard to remember it all" kinda feel, but I seem to have missed that mark to an extent. Thank you for pointing it out! I also really appreciate your rating and completely understand your discomfort on some sections. A learning experience...I HAVE HAD ONE. Side note, I am also very happy you are willing to check this movie out! It is definitely worth a watch and every second of it is just glorious~! I hope you enjoy it!

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Nice job :up: :up: :up:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:00 pm

Taite wrote:This is just my kind of amv, if it weren't for 1:42+ :? The entire amv had the perfect scene selection, but the shakes and extremely hard blurs past 1:42 were nearly unbearable, plus the two-scene flashes like at 2:03 that occurred a lot. When that stuff wasn't happening, it was good.
Pretty much exactly what I feel about this video. It had such a lovely build up with nice simple cuts, good flow and sync but then as soon as the upbeat part kicks in, everything was just messy. It was too fast and the flickering beat sync just looked bad. Like Taite mentioned, the scenes themselves are completely fine, just the blur, shakes and beat sync applied destroyed them. A suggestion of mines would have been to ignore the fast beats and hit only the harder ones with a straight up hard cut, it gives it so much more impact and feels better as sync for this type of video. As for the faster beats, you could use a nice simple black or white flickering effect to achieve the beat sync (so it's not empty but not too overpowering like the scene flickering you did). And yes do remove the blurs or consider toning them down.

Though you totally did get me interested in watching this movie now. :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”