Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Post by Emong » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:34 pm

So am I the only one here who likes the latest plot development?

I appreciate the "hard work doesn't (necessarily) pay off" thing the show is pulling off. First, it's realistic. Second, it goes nicely against the ideology of "everybody can make it" (again, in reality, this isn't true). Just like the pursuit of happiness makes people unhappy, the pursuit of individual achievement tends to wear people out. The mental breakdowns the characters are going through are realistic like that. I'm just afraid that, being an anime, the show is nonetheless going to turn things around in the end and propagate the usual workaholism like it has been doing so far.

On another note, I love the humor in this :awesome:

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:45 pm

Emong wrote:So am I the only one here who likes the latest plot development?

I appreciate the "hard work doesn't (necessarily) pay off" thing the show is pulling off. First, it's realistic. Second, it goes nicely against the ideology of "everybody can make it" (again, in reality, this isn't true). Just like the pursuit of happiness makes people unhappy, the pursuit of individual achievement tends to wear people out. The mental breakdowns the characters are going through are realistic like that. I'm just afraid that, being an anime, the show is nonetheless going to turn things around in the end and propagate the usual workaholism like it has been doing so far.

On another note, I love the humor in this :awesome:
I don't mind the point being that hard work can't beat pure talent and privileged upbringing. The thing I don't like is how annoying Sorata gets when things don't work out for him.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:09 am

Oh? I see where this is going now. Getting pretty interesting :awesome:

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Jasta85 wrote:
I don't mind the point being that hard work can't beat pure talent and privileged upbringing. The thing I don't like is how annoying Sorata gets when things don't work out for him.
Hard work isn't the issue where 'real life' is concerned. It's how hard you get back up after failing. What truly tests someone's mettle isn't whether or not one succeeds, it's whether or not you can come back.

Besides, despite all of Mashiro's awesomeness, she still is stupid in well, everything else... So I don't think talent can make up for lack of common sense personally [woohoo no panties etc.]

And yes, he sulks too damn much and is annoying like 90% of many other anime protagonists surrounded by girlz. But at least it's easier to care for the characters in this one.
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:38 pm

It's how hard you get back up after failing. What truly tests someone's mettle isn't whether or not one succeeds, it's whether or not you can come back.
Quoted for truths.

I have really enjoyed where this show is going. Less fanservice and more humor and drama. At first I did not like Shina, but I've grown to like her quite a bit since she does display the trait of just not giving a damn about her failures and moving forward creatively. I guess being in love will cause her to give a damn though >_>

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Oh my god all of my feels. JUST TAKE ALL OF THEM ;____________________________;

Even with a poopy MC and the wrong otp becoming a thing, I'm really gonna miss this show a lot. :cry:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 am

Hahah same here. That speech. I was like HNNG

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 pm

I'M RUNNING ON AN EMPTY TANK OF FEELS HERE, JESUS H CHRIST ;________;
Spoiler :
Mitaka Misaki, JUST THE CUTEST THING EVER
Such a great ending. I love how it wasn't really an "ending", so hopefully there'll be a second season! The cast looks so great if it would happen.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 am

A second season with a megane and horny man? Oh yeah... More comedy will end up ensuing I'm sure and Mitaka... ah yes... Hello neighbor?! ^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:58 am

Spoiler :
Very nice ending of a very enjoyable serie.
I'm just kinda sad that Sorata didn't kiss Mashiro and that they took that scene from a comedic kinda view
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”