P.O.E Season 3 : Round 2 - "3013"

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Damn you, paco!

1. Kinda just vague and depressingly monotonous, not really engaging at all.
2. Oh, why would you add twitch? It's SUCH a vast contrast from the color scheme of Metropolis. You totally could've utilized actual scenes from the anime that had similarly themed "effects". And the end is kinda anti-climactic.
3. Facebook is....3013? I'm not sure what's going on with that haha. I guess this could've played out, but it would've needed more of the FB screens. For instance, before each fight, you have a screen saying one of the characters denied the request, then they get stabbed.
4. I haven't seen this source, so I was really confused. The end played out like "Screw you, lady, I'm in love with this random robot now." ...and she's happy for them ?
5. Animatrix is not 16:9 and shouldn't just be resized as such. Crop off the edges or something, man! That was makin' me cringe through most of the video. I also didn't like the amount of voice-over/subtitles to on-screen storytelling ratio. I liked the idea of the one girl, there was potential (especially as far as original-storyline-that-isn't-just-the-anime's goes) but...it didn't go anywhere.
6. Cool-looking with slick editing but.....short and kinda....non-descript.
7. Typography ruined this. And it was super vague! Yeah...it's about what's going to happen in the future...so...what is that, exactly? It needed to pick a direction and stick with it, not just ALL futuristic imagery.
8. Just kind of the story from Munto? And that upscale hurt it more than anything else.
9. And...just kind of the story from King of Thorn. Editing was passable....but it smacked of "rush job".
10. Aww, man! This one had a good intro with a cool concept...then it didn't go anywhere! Symphogear is so dynamic on its own, so much more could've been done.
11. This one tried to create a storyline following the song, I can get behind that! Some of the lyric sync was a stretch, but I get what it's going for.
12. Someone lazy'd out and keyed the background when they should've rotoscoped it. Do you want jagged artifacting outlines? Because this is how you get jagged artifacting outlines! Other than that, I thought this one was pretty awesome. Best lip sync 2013 3013.
13. I liked the intro in this one, too, and this is minor, but the fade messed up the Nascar text a little bit. It looks like the background and logo were fading at different rates. Maybe try making that a still image and THEN fading. The rest of the video was decent, no big complaints or anything.
14. I had trouble ascertaining what this video was going for. It wasn't bad or anything, I just wasn't sure what I was looking at.
15. Probably the best edited one I've watched so far, but also falls into the "this is the anime" category. Given the age of the source, the visual quality is fairly impressive.
16. If I'm watching this right....humans leave the Earth and the Earth builds itself back up to its previous glory? Then the humans are all like "Dude,I want that toy back." and ruin it all over again? That's pretty cool, I like it.
17. Yeah, cuz this one doesn't give away who the creator is or anything. |: Weak, at best.
18. Not bad, but I didn't quite get the concept until I went back through again. That could've been played up a bit more, it would've made the video stronger.
19. Amusing and short (and seems to have...synch issues?) but amusing nonetheless. The end made me giggle quite a bit. I would like to see this tightened up and made into a real full-length video.
20. Another pretty well edited one, but still kinda "Here's some future....stuff!"
21. Decently edited, but weak theme-wise. This one looks like a regular multi-anime AMV. I didn't get how the sources correlated.
22. Haha, pretty well executed concept. I'm not entirely sold on how well this song works on it, though. It almost feels like an audio-swap. That's relatively minor, I suppose, but a better match would've really sealed the deal.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 2 - "3013"

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Kimberly wrote:No drops? Pretty awesome.
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:54 pm

I'd like to see the detailed breakdown of the judge's scores for Concept, Visual/Audio, Sync/Editing, Theme, and Overall. I don't think it's fair to tell us the categories we're being judged on but then not show the scores.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:59 pm

meleechampion wrote:I'd like to see the detailed breakdown of the judge's scores for Concept, Visual/Audio, Sync/Editing, Theme, and Overall. I don't think it's fair to tell us the categories we're being judged on but then not show the scores.
Can do. :up:

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Ok judges, you be sure to judge before the time is up =D
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:06 pm

SilverFreedoms wrote:Ok judges, you be sure to judge before the time is up =D

*cough*Kireblue*cough*

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:26 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
meleechampion wrote:I'd like to see the detailed breakdown of the judge's scores for Concept, Visual/Audio, Sync/Editing, Theme, and Overall. I don't think it's fair to tell us the categories we're being judged on but then not show the scores.
If you've got that data from last round I'd like to have a look at it.
Image Image

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:29 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
You're the best. <3

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 pm

when is time up?

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:42 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:when is time up?
Before midnight on the 20th :D
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”