P.O.E Season 3 : Round 2 - "3013"

This is the official forum for Project OrgEditor Season 3, hosted by CodeZTM.

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 2 - "3013"

Postby Radical_Yue » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:06 pm

SilverFreedoms wrote:Ok judges, you be sure to judge before the time is up =D

*cough*Kireblue*cough*
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Rendakor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:26 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
meleechampion wrote:I'd like to see the detailed breakdown of the judge's scores for Concept, Visual/Audio, Sync/Editing, Theme, and Overall. I don't think it's fair to tell us the categories we're being judged on but then not show the scores.

Can do. :up:

If you've got that data from last round I'd like to have a look at it.
Image Image
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star

Postby meleechampion » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:29 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
meleechampion wrote:I'd like to see the detailed breakdown of the judge's scores for Concept, Visual/Audio, Sync/Editing, Theme, and Overall. I don't think it's fair to tell us the categories we're being judged on but then not show the scores.

Can do. :up:

You're the best. <3
meleechampion

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 pm

when is time up?
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby SilverFreedoms » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:42 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:when is time up?

Before midnight on the 20th :D
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead
SilverFreedoms

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm

oh i got plenty of time to procrastinate then >.>
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:

*cough*Kireblue*cough*

STOP TELLING THE JUDGES HOW TO JUDGE! CODE PICKED THEM FOR JUDGING BECAUSE THEY'RE JUDGES TO JUDGE WHAT JUDGING JUDGE JUDGES!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby RAWdangers » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:

*cough*Kireblue*cough*

STOP TELLING THE JUDGES HOW TO JUDGE! CODE PICKED THEM FOR JUDGING BECAUSE THEY'RE JUDGES TO JUDGE WHAT JUDGING JUDGE JUDGES!

that was 8 times kit xP
RAWdangers

Postby Radical_Yue » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:47 pm

RAWdangers wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:

*cough*Kireblue*cough*

I'M JUDGING HOW KIT IS TALKING ABOUT THE JUDGES JUDGING BECAUSE THEY'RE JUDGES TO JUDGE WHAT JUDGING JUDGE JUDGES!

CALM YO' VAGINAS.
Radical_Yue

Postby Radical_Yue » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 pm

I hate to double post and be the bearer of bad news but regardless of whether or not you were considering disqualifying #17 for live action footage of the editor, it actually is not Orgable and is therefore disqualified.

The video is an anime music video. For the purposes of this site, an anime music video is defined as a music video where the majority of the footage comes from anime. For the purposes of this site, anime-style video game cut scenes (such as Final Fantasy) are considered "anime".

Rule #2 of the Enter New Video rules.
Radical_Yue

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:I hate to double post and be the bearer of bad news but regardless of whether or not you were considering disqualifying #17 for live action footage of the editor, it actually is not Orgable and is therefore disqualified.

The video is an anime music video. For the purposes of this site, an anime music video is defined as a music video where the majority of the footage comes from anime. For the purposes of this site, anime-style video game cut scenes (such as Final Fantasy) are considered "anime".

Rule #2 of the Enter New Video rules.

I've already talked to the editor about it (though it was about the revealing of his identity primarily), but I still posted it and will let it be judged for feedback and for the audience to watch. But yeah, it will be marked as a DQ when results are posted.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby pacotacoshell » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Vid 14: Some of the transitions were abrupt, and the coloring correction parts (especially Steins;Gate) were a little too strong. After reading the comment I get where you were going with this, but it just didn't really sell it to me.
Vid 15: This is a really good standalone vid, but for the theme it doesn't really fit that well. But props for some actual length on a vid this round.
Vid 16: Dunno about that whole story thing, but this was awesome. The sync was so dynamic, and the mood was just spot on. The beginning coloring was really good too. o__o This is the kind of stuff you want to see from this contest. (props for some Welcome to the Space Show too, thought that anime wouldn't get any love)
Vid 18: Nice story. It was a pretty good vid overall minus the ending clip. I would have used a different effect to show that the world stopped.
Vid 19: Lots of static scenes (especially in the beginning). Overall it was okay, some tighter sync would have made it much better.
Vid 20: And here I thought GC would have been free from this round. This vid was more like a "let's throw all the cool future-looking stuff in there" action video, but at least it was edited well. Oh and props for Break Blade! :up:
Vid 21: Lots of feels here ;___; Though this is the same case as 15. Oh and good job making SM look that nice (I don't think my footage looked that good when I edited with that anime), and double props for Brave Story. Everyone's just using my favorite animes this round, god bless you all.
Vid 22: Awesooooome concept. Not much to say besides it was epic xD Oh and MORE BREAK BLADE. JUST STOP YOU GUYS WITH YOUR GOOD ANIMES
pacotacoshell

Postby TritioAFB » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 pm

oh this crowd :ying:
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby [madaraxD] » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:17 pm

I just finish of watch all vids from Round 1, not bad *slowpoke* Lets start with the videos from Round 2 now |:>
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis

Postby Kisagi » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 am

oh... very interesting, waiting for R2 for me to finish watching them, just a few more left to go
Kisagi
The sexy Artist

PreviousNext

Return to Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring