The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Collection agency called me at work today. They have apparently called for a few days now, but it was only this time that I was unlucky enough to be the one to answer. I can't do anything for the outstanding bills (college loans), so I just said, "No," and hung up the phone.

And it's official. I have become my mother. I'm dodging collectors and living a generally miserable fucking life.
If you can afford legal consultation, start thinking about declaring bankruptcy.
No, I can't, and as far as I have ever been told, student loans don't count for that anyway.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Unfortunately, that's correct. Student loan debt cannot be discharged through bankruptcy. What MAY be worth a shot is contacting the original creditors when you feel you can make some sort of arrangement. Tell them you're willing to work out a payment plan, but will not put up with being harassed by third party agencies. Request that they recall the debt from whatever agency they sold it to, and go from there. Not saying it's guaranteed, but it IS worth a shot. If you can show them up front that you have a plan to repay the debt, they MAY be willing to listen. They'll probably say there's nothing they can do since it was sold, so be sure to lean on them about the possibility of recalling it if you want to get any traction.

Might help, might get nowhere. But it never hurts to try.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm

I do this so many times and I always regret it after. There's something I want to do, and I am so set on doing it, but then I back out at the last moment when I see the person. Sigh.
ImageImage

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Some things can't be fixed apparently.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:14 am

Kimberly wrote:I do this so many times and I always regret it after. There's something I want to do, and I am so set on doing it, but then I back out at the last moment when I see the person. Sigh.
[madaraxD] wrote:Some things can't be fixed apparently.
I can fix anything, just give it to me.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:22 am

Entire weekend was filled with minor shitty things that really added up to a general sentiment of "i shouldn't have bothered leaving the house." I've also been incredibly tired after coming out of general anesthesia on Friday. Been sleeping a lot, but still feel exhausted when I wake up and ready for bed after being awake for 10-12 hours.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Perhaps I am just a burden to everyone.

i'm sorry for these stupid vents.
ImageImage

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 pm

Kimberly wrote:Perhaps I am just a burden to everyone.

i'm sorry for these stupid vents.
Hey, that's the entire point of this thread. Peeps can vent however they want.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:37 pm

Another night without sleep, worked up about work (while getting remarkably little of it actually done). Instead of blasting through student assignments by copy-pasting blurbs and throwing out empty grades, I average about 400-500 words of comments per assignment. And I have 90 students, and am way behind. When I'm done with that, in the early morning, attempting to sleep only gets me worked up about non-work and various stuff that's been bugging my mind over the last few weeks. To wind myself down, I watch my all-time favourite film, Tarkovsky's "Stalker", all 3 hours of it. It calms me, but also reminds me of several of the big problems I keep coming back to. I've had too many a situation and too many a conversation lately where I felt like the titular character (who, contrary to his name, has nothing to do with stalking anyone) struggling to explain himself and his motivations to those around him, and always being misread. It's not depressing at all, but it's one of those, "if only I could actually explain this to others... if only people would listen..." things. In my personal and professional life, I'm full of ideas/ideals and things to share. But I keep running into communication problems. Ironic, since I'm supposed to be a communication teacher - or maybe not ironic at all, because that makes me hyper-aware of all these problems and gets me worked up in a way it wouldn't get to most people.

Getting up to go to work after this sleepless night, I put on my pants and then promptly pass out on my bed, waking up after my class was supposed to start. Thanks to the awesome students and colleagues I have, the day was saved and when I rushed to school almost an hour late, I found my students in possession of all the handouts, working neatly in groups. This was great, but now my mind is still kind of shot. I could barely articulate myself while ordering food, so trying to give intelligent feedback on student papers is kind of off the books until I get more rest.

Sure hope the next couple of days go a little better for me. I can't keep doing this lack of sleep thing to myself, whatever the reasons for it D:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Ugh, so a local radio station said something about a concert with Mother Mother and AWOLNATION and to get details from their Facebook page. I didn't hear anything else but that, but both bands are awesome and I'd love to see them live. So when I get home, I look it up: nothing about it on the station's page, and Mother Mother doesn't list any tour dates in Illinois at all!

What. The. Butt.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “General Discussion”