Important Announcement About The Semifinals

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Important Announcement About The Semifinals

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:32 am

As some of you may be aware, there have been cheating allegations in this year's VCA semifinals. After a thorough investigation by the administration we have found proof that fake "sock puppet" account(s) were created by certain members to boost the amount of votes their video(s) received in the VCA Nomination round.
The use of these sock puppet accounts led to certain videos and editors moving on to the semifinal round, when they should not have. Not only is this a grave offense concerning the VCAs, but creating multiple accounts for a single user is also against the basic rules of AnimeMusicVideos.org. After careful deliberation by the administration we have decided to extend the Semifinal round of the VCAs by 1 full week and re-tally the votes without the sock puppet accounts factored in.

What does this mean for me, the voter?

It means that you've got some new videos to vote for! As stated above, the semifinal lists will be updated with the re-tallied votes so you may see some new names on the lists. You've got another full week to place your votes and ngsilver will be running streams that will be advertised on the official AnimeMusicVideos.org Facebook and Twitter accounts, so watch out for those!

But what if I don't want to change my votes?

If you have already placed your votes and no matter what is added to the list, you're dead set on sticking with your choices then you're good to go. Votes that have already been made will be unchanged. While you always do have the option to update your votes by adding and removing selections during the nomination period you do not have to update your votes if you do not want to. Please keep in mind that any votes placed for videos that have been removed during the re-tally will be considered null and void.

But what about the ones that cheated?

They have been dealt with. We consider this to be a rather serious offense but any punishment will be kept private between them and the administration. Please note that any attempts to lash out against those involved will also be dealt with by the administration. Cheating is something that is not taken lightly and the same goes for attacks against members of the community. They've done the crime and now they'll do the time, there is no need for an angry mob to add on to the situation.

And finally, we'd like to thank you all for your time and patience. We recognize the fact that the VCAs are not without issues, whether it be running late, videos in incorrect categories, or very large griffons eating votes. But no matter the situation, this fantastic community stands by the administration while we do our best to work things out. We sincerely appreciate this amazing community.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Re: Important Announcement About The Semifinals

Post by Animated » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:10 am

So you won't reveal the names of the cheaters, right... I was waiting the whole week for this :(

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:12 am

And yay for more videos to vote! MEP category, here I come! :3

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:13 am

Animated wrote:So you won't reveal the names of the cheaters, right... I was waiting the whole week for this :(

No, like I said this is between us and them. So put down your pitchfork, go eat a taco, and vote in the VCAs. |:>

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:27 am

Shouldn't a link to this be on the front page? Not everyone comes to this section of the forum, especially now that it hasn't been very active for a while.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:35 am

If I had the ability to update the front page I would :P Hopefully one of the admins that can will get that taken care of shortly. In the meantime I've posted it all over the FB and Twitter accounts the best I can.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:44 am

Radical_Yue wrote:If I had the ability to update the front page I would :P Hopefully one of the admins that can will get that taken care of shortly. In the meantime I've posted it all over the FB and Twitter accounts the best I can.
:up: Cool, thanks for the hard work!
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:18 am

Im fine with the names not being revealed, we really dont need to set off the powderkeg that is the members into an all out witch hunt
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2014

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:08 pm

wow really? how lame...

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:23 pm