Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th

Post by XStylus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:47 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:That's very short notice for such and extreme deadline change...let the drama begin!
Oh hells no, it's not the deadline that's changing. April 1st is when the submission system (or method) will be ready by. The submission deadline is still May.

I'd expect to be vivisected if I changed the submission deadline like that.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:12 pm

screw it. i'm going snail mail again.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Hm if I get my vids done on time, I'll try the online method...

I'm not in any rush to finish them though, atm. Since I'm doing fieldwork for class and it's taking up most of my time...that and I have to do MEP tracks... so...yeah, actual AMVs are the last priority right now and I only edit them when Im feeling like it... :P

ProjectTwinsAMV
Org Profile

Post by ProjectTwinsAMV » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:03 pm

If your all wondering about the Online Submit Contest Entry still not avaliable, I tweeted to AX members and I got a retweet back saying it will be avaliable sometime in March. So is a couple of days or weeks until we get to submit in. Thats all the info I got right now so just letting you all know that. Good Luck To You All Submitting In, I Know I Will Be Too :D
2015 - 2023 AMV Saboten Con AMV Manager
2019 - 2020 Kikori Con AMV Manager

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm

StephenMcC56 wrote:If your all wondering about the Online Submit Contest Entry still not avaliable, I tweeted to AX members and I got a retweet back saying it will be avaliable sometime in March. So is a couple of days or weeks until we get to submit in. Thats all the info I got right now so just letting you all know that. Good Luck To You All Submitting In, I Know I Will Be Too :D
Lol... you could've just asked me directly. :P

Anyway, the story is this: There was some miscommunication between myself and our poor IT guy in regards to what was needed for the submission system, so we're nixing it for this year. I'd rather have it done right than have it done rushed. Fear not though, for there is always a Plan B.

There will be a submission form PDF. You download it, fill in the blanks, and email it back. Simple as that. If you're submitting online, you may upload your AMV to Google Drive, DropBox, or MediaFire (You can use other cyberlockers too, but those are the preferred ones). In rare cases and special circumstances, I will provide FTP access.

That form is ready, I'm just getting it cleared through proper channels before posting it. Stay tuned. I anticipate going online with it in a day or two. :)
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

ShadowCat_13
Org Profile

Post by ShadowCat_13 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:56 am

Quick question, can I use the song Nightmare? My video I want to submit has this song. I want to know also if Hellsing and Elfen Lied animes acceptable? They are bloody anime as well as High School of the Dead. Can I submit this video or?
🫧🌙 🫧The Moonlight Carries the Message of Love.🫧🌙🫧

MTAC AMV Contest Coordinator
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention (MTAC)
www.mtac.net

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:48 am

YamiTenouStudios wrote:Quick question, can I use the song Nightmare? My video I want to submit has this song. I want to know also if Hellsing and Elfen Lied animes acceptable? They are bloody anime as well as High School of the Dead. Can I submit this video or?
I've never listened to Nightmare, so I can't say anything for or against it. As for Elfen Lied or Hellsing, of course you can use it. As with all sources though, it's always a matter of how you use it.

Quite simply though, so long as you're not showing nudity and so long as your song doesn't have a mess of f-bombs (we'll let one pass if it's subtle), it likely won't get DQ'd for content.

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:09 am

Im working on trying to finish a video to get submitted
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2014

ShadowCat_13
Org Profile

Post by ShadowCat_13 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:16 am

Well Nightmare has a few f words but I can always get the uncensored version of it? It's a 6 minute or so song as well.
🫧🌙 🫧The Moonlight Carries the Message of Love.🫧🌙🫧

MTAC AMV Contest Coordinator
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention (MTAC)
www.mtac.net

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:29 pm

YamiTenouStudios wrote:Well Nightmare has a few f words but I can always get the uncensored version of it? It's a 6 minute or so song as well.
All I can say is use your judgement, we'll use ours. Worst we can say is "no", right? :P

Return to “AMV Contests”