Shades of - BRS AMV, Frist Upload

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DarTH GeeSe
Org Profile

Shades of - BRS AMV, Frist Upload

Post by DarTH GeeSe » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:28 pm

this is my first posting to this site and i've only started making amv;s from November last year i like what i did and i hope you all like it too it doesn't have no after effects on it cause i dont have the program but what little i had learn i put in tho so i thank you all for giving me your time and space to watch my frist work i have posted on here and wish to be a part of the Familia ppl... TY

Here's The Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT_yWY5wlcI

DarTH GeeSe
Org Profile

Re: Shades of - BRS AMV, Frist Upload

Post by DarTH GeeSe » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Am why ppl moving like this tho, I'm looking to get better at this so i want comments from you all wow wtf. It aint like its that bad you all can't give me some insight on what i did wrong or what i did right with this i just want to improve ok... :nono: :(

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:50 pm

I wish you had uploaded it to this site. I can't really comment on visual quality, since it's only a stremaing copy, however, I do notice a few things visually. For one, you have a watermark in the top right corner of your AMV. Very distracting for viewers and is just a generally sloppy thing to leave in.

In terms of mood, I felt like you captured the overall mood of the song pretty well. The anime and music fit well together, and it's a believable combination.

That being said, it could have been synced much better. There were some really solid moments, but then there were also parts of the AMV where it felt very disjointed and not matching with the music at all. Like the backgorund music wasn't even a considering factor. This usually came about during the parts of the AMV that included the scenery from the schoolgirls perspective. This is a video that could really be interesting with internal sync, but it only hit it some of the time.

However, originality really suffered. This is a pretty over-used anime, and didn't bring much to the table.

All in all, it was enjoyable enough.

DarTH GeeSe
Org Profile

Post by DarTH GeeSe » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:13 pm

thx for a start this is my real full depth amv i did and i knw it needs work thats why its finish in some ways and i was looking for this type of thing from ppl its not a beta so the admin/mod's dont have to worry but i want to make it better over all for a contest im new to the scene of amv's and i know i need t o put in work on my stuff so thats why im here overall...

DarTH GeeSe
Org Profile

Post by DarTH GeeSe » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:23 pm

CodeZTM give me a anime that isn't used much at amv contest or really by much ppl you know and a song to work with and i will try my best at this project you give me and i will beta test it with my friends cause this amv i am showing here in barbados at the animekon we got here but not under a contest but as fan art preview, they dont have the copyrights for contest and i want info on how to get that fix up for next year animekon here in barbados who you got to talk to and so on for these rights thanks for reading this ppl...

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 pm

lets just say it was as expected for first amv to be. You have to really improve on pretty much everything, but the main problem I saw here is your scene selection. You have to really work on picking good scenes. This will take time getting used to, but can be done, and it makes all the difference. I'll recommend watching amv's at Ketsuryu. I'm recommending that website since you wont have to dig around a lot for good amv's. You can have a look at winners for VCA here, too. By watching good amv's, you'll eventually start picking up on how external syncing is done, and internal syncing is done, and how to select appropriate scenes according to the mood of the song. You'll learn all these things by observing other peoples work, but of course, there are some things that just can't be taught, and you'll have to learn them on your own.

DarTH GeeSe
Org Profile

Post by DarTH GeeSe » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:04 pm

respect SeNniN thx for the insight and will do over all if u up for some beta testing i would be happy to give u a link to my new mediafire page so you can DL my new projects ok

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”