Anime Detour 2013 AMV and WTF Contests

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
belindabird
Org Profile

Anime Detour 2013 AMV and WTF Contests

Post by belindabird » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Hello, all.

This year, Anime Detour will be continuing its annual AMV contest, while also bringing back the popular "WTF" (Whiskey Tentacle Foxtrot) contest for AMVs that are silly, strange, or just plain wrong. You can find the full set of rules for each contest at their respective pages:

AMV Contest - http://www.animedetour.com/contestamv

WTF Contest - http://www.animedetour.com/contestwtf

Entries will be accepted until March 15th, 2013.

Some things to remember:

The judging for the AMV Contest will be heavily weighted towards editors who either hail from Minnesota or its surrounding states, or who are registered for/attending the convention. This is to encourage participation from our local community. However, anyone is welcome to enter. Entries from outside the United States will be considered exhibition-only, and ineligible for prizes.

Judging for the WTF Contest takes place the night of the contest by audience applause, so only those editors present at that time will be able to receive their prize. Also, this event is no longer considered an 18+ event, so please remove any language or imagery that wouldn't fit the "PG-13" label. Entries that are too violent or risque, or those which contain strong language will be disqualified, no exceptions.

Thanks everyone, and I can't wait to see some of your awesome AMVs!

Nicho Void
Org Profile

Re: Anime Detour 2013 AMV and WTF Contests

Post by Nicho Void » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 am

Only a few days left to submit.
ImageImageImage

belindabird
Org Profile

Post by belindabird » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:06 pm

I'll be leaving the entry form open this weekend since I'll be out of town and can't check it anyway. I'll also be accepting WTF entries until the week before the con (exact date to be determined), so there's a little bit extra time for anyone who's worried about making the entry deadline :)

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:30 am

I can put one in for the contest, and then submit others just to show off using the same form, right? also, is the WTF one a separate contest?
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

belindabird
Org Profile

Post by belindabird » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Yes, just mark which ones that you want as exhibition entries (there is a space to do so on the form).

The WTF Contest is separate, and you can enter as many videos as you like for that. If I have too many entries for the allotted time (unlikely), I'll choose those I like best. Only people present at the time of the contest will be eligible to win, but every entry will receive the gift of audience laughter :)

Megane Girl
Org Profile

Post by Megane Girl » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Hiya! Will the entries from the AMV Contest and/or WTF Contest be posted anywhere? There were definitely some I'd like to watch again. :)

belindabird
Org Profile

Post by belindabird » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:26 pm

I'll be posting a list at the Anime Detour forums when I get some free time this weekend :)

akuseru123
Org Profile

Post by akuseru123 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:05 am

Does anyone know the name of the amv that was shown on Saturday that opened with what i guess you could call a bible reading? The anime used was Gurren Lagann.I have been looking everywhere and i can't seem to find it.

belindabird
Org Profile

Post by belindabird » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:49 pm

I believe the AMV you're looking for is called "Make Your Own Tomorrow."

I'm not sure that it's registered here at the org, based on a bit of brief searching. If it does turn up, I'll let you know.

akuseru123
Org Profile

Post by akuseru123 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:27 pm

YES OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THANK YOU

Return to “AMV Contests”