P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

This is the official forum for Project OrgEditor Season 3, hosted by CodeZTM.

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:57 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby JudgeHolden » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:02 pm

THE SPAAAAAAAAAARRRKKRKRRKRKRKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKK! :sorcerer:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
JudgeHolden
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Location: The great white north (Minneapolis)
Status: Looking at you through your window!

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby SilverFreedoms » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:
pacotacoshell wrote:Sooooooooooooooooooooo.....19 really didn't get dq'd? lol.


I can't disqualify it for a rule that does not exist. Using footage from other AMVs isn't in my rules, so I can't just do it because I disagree with the practice.

I haven't typed it out yet, but there will be an addition to the rules regarding this for all of my future contests and for the rest of this contest. There will be a pm sent out tonight too. I just want to word it correctly, and I'm technically still at work. :uhoh:


Well, technically it is in the rules already...

CodeZTM wrote:All AMVs entered into this contest must meet a-m-v.org standards of uploading. Meaning that if it cannot be uploaded to a-m-v.org, you cannot enter it into our contests.

A-M-V.org Standards of Uploading's List of WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT UPLOAD wrote:Videos using someone else's editing. All the editing work in the video must be your own - any footage edited by another music video creator must only be used with their consent and with full credit given to their work.


inb4peoplewhofollowedtherulessendinginsupportfor19dq's
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead
User avatar
SilverFreedoms
 
Joined: 27 Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Status: Hungry

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby Iron Solari » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Phew. :sweat:
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous
User avatar
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Status: I can't believe it's not butter.

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby CodeZTM » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:54 pm

I don't like this part of the job, but as coordinator I do have to make tough decisions. The decision was not made lightly, and I was not forced into it.

Video 19 has been disqualified from the competition. Meaning that MCHY will be eliminated, and HikariAMV will be allowed back into the competition as she had the next highest score from the bottom.. For a complete explanation of the investigation, see under the spoiler tag.

Spoiler :
The original complaint took place before the judging began. I was informed that video 19 contained elements from AMVs belonging to certain editors. At the time, I did an initial investigation and spoke to the editor of video 19 about this. The editor admitting to taking clips from the AMVs in question, but explained to me that they were singular clips that one could obtain from simply clipping the anime. At the time, I referred to the rules posted in the original POE post. There were not any rules that specifically said that utilizing anime from other AMVs was a disqualification-based offense. However, I was uncomfortable with the idea, and the editors of the taken clips were not fans of their scenes being used. So at the time, my ruling was to permit video 19 to continue, but for all further rounds and POE contests to forbid such a practice.

However, Kitsuner brought to my attention that such a practice was against site upload rules. I read the upload rules, and it was indeed something that needed to be looked at. I was unsure, however, if the clips were merely raw footage being used from AMVs, or if parts of the editing had been used.

From there, I went from asking myself if it broke my contest rules into if it broke a-m-v.org rules. I consulted a moderator and was given the explanation that the clips utilized in video 19 indeed did contain elements of editing in them, and that consent must be obtained by the original creators before they could be used and uploaded to a-m-v.org. I consulted the original editors in question, and no consent would be given for various (justifiable) reasons.

As such, there was no consent given, meaning that this video could not be uploaded to a-m-v.org. As such, it violates my contest rules, which are means for disqualification.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:20 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:THE SPAAAAAAAAAARRRKKRKRRKRKRKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKK! :sorcerer:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby ProjectBarcodeError » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 pm

talking about a turn of event...
User avatar
ProjectBarcodeError
 
Joined: 09 May 2011
Location: snooping as usual

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby chitzilla » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:Round 1 Eliminations

chit
Kitsuner
Pwolf (Drop)

Take THAT, Sacramento!


i blame it on curse of schwarzenegger
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/
User avatar
chitzilla
cat stalker
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2012

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby Iron Solari » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Code, you spelled my name wrong :dino: :beer:
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous
User avatar
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Status: I can't believe it's not butter.

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:04 pm

I know Code talked to a mod about this matter, and if that mod could talk with me, I would appreciate it. As according to code, the moderator assumed that I used other's rotoscoping and other similar editing, which I did not and can prove.
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
User avatar
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
 
Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Status: Looking for candy

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:05 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I know Code talked to a mod about this matter, and if that mod could talk with me, I would appreciate it. As according to code, the moderator assumed that I used other's rotoscoping and other similar editing, which I did not and can prove.


While I did grab clips, everything used were non-edited singular clips and all cuts and edits were made by me.
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
User avatar
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
 
Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Status: Looking for candy

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby Ghet » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Pretty much no big surprises here. It sucks that my video was awful, but to be fair with all the commitments i had for week one i shouldn't have signed up in the first place. I like to think that if the tournament had started one week later I'd have been able to hand in something significantly better, but that's just how it is and i guess that'll just make me try harder the next time around.
Good luck to everybody who is still in!
Image
User avatar
Ghet
 
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Status: >.<

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby Iron Solari » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Iron Solari wrote:Code, you spelled my name wrong :dino: :beer:


Code, pls.

Code...

Pls.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous
User avatar
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Status: I can't believe it's not butter.

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby kireblue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I know Code talked to a mod about this matter, and if that mod could talk with me, I would appreciate it. As according to code, the moderator assumed that I used other's rotoscoping and other similar editing, which I did not and can prove.


While I did grab clips, everything used were non-edited singular clips and all cuts and edits were made by me.

how did people know that you grabbed clips then?
Image
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 pm

kireblue wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I know Code talked to a mod about this matter, and if that mod could talk with me, I would appreciate it. As according to code, the moderator assumed that I used other's rotoscoping and other similar editing, which I did not and can prove.


While I did grab clips, everything used were non-edited singular clips and all cuts and edits were made by me.

how did people know that you grabbed clips then?


1. I guess someone was just able to recognize it because of a couple of similar scenes. 2. I mentioned it in a chat and I guess it got incorrectly spread around
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
User avatar
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
 
Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Status: Looking for candy

PreviousNext

Return to Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests