P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 pm

I liked Afanador idea.(dat starman lip sync)

and congrats to the others.

mumsee
Org Profile

Post by mumsee » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Oh wow, I didn't expect to pass, nonetheless get 4th overall o_o
That was only my second full video I've ever made, don't know if I deserve that, but I really appreciate being able to continue and hopefully learn more about editing in the process. Thank you judges. :oops:

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:48 pm

AimoAio wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:I love that AimoAio and Kimberly gave my video 69 points. Great job, ladies. :ying:
Totally unintentional. :uhoh:
Rofl I noticed the number after I scored everything.
AimoAio wrote: Anyway if anyone wants a more detailed breakdown/opinion on how I scored your video, feel free to PM me about it. :) Looking forward to seeing your R2 videos! ^^
x2
ImageImage

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:49 pm

I do not give away my secrets!

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:52 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:I do not give away my secrets!
JaddziaDax wrote:My judging is biased still
You already have!
ImageImage

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:57 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:02 pm

THE SPAAAAAAAAAARRRKKRKRRKRKRKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKK! :sorcerer:

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:
pacotacoshell wrote:Sooooooooooooooooooooo.....19 really didn't get dq'd? lol.

I can't disqualify it for a rule that does not exist. Using footage from other AMVs isn't in my rules, so I can't just do it because I disagree with the practice.

I haven't typed it out yet, but there will be an addition to the rules regarding this for all of my future contests and for the rest of this contest. There will be a pm sent out tonight too. I just want to word it correctly, and I'm technically still at work. :uhoh:
Well, technically it is in the rules already...
CodeZTM wrote:All AMVs entered into this contest must meet a-m-v.org standards of uploading. Meaning that if it cannot be uploaded to a-m-v.org, you cannot enter it into our contests.
A-M-V.org Standards of Uploading's List of WHAT YOU SHOULD [i]NOT[/i] UPLOAD wrote:Videos using someone else's editing. All the editing work in the video must be your own - any footage edited by another music video creator must only be used with their consent and with full credit given to their work.
inb4peoplewhofollowedtherulessendinginsupportfor19dq's
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Phew. :sweat:
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:54 pm

I don't like this part of the job, but as coordinator I do have to make tough decisions. The decision was not made lightly, and I was not forced into it.

Video 19 has been disqualified from the competition. Meaning that MCHY will be eliminated, and HikariAMV will be allowed back into the competition as she had the next highest score from the bottom.. For a complete explanation of the investigation, see under the spoiler tag.
Spoiler :
The original complaint took place before the judging began. I was informed that video 19 contained elements from AMVs belonging to certain editors. At the time, I did an initial investigation and spoke to the editor of video 19 about this. The editor admitting to taking clips from the AMVs in question, but explained to me that they were singular clips that one could obtain from simply clipping the anime. At the time, I referred to the rules posted in the original POE post. There were not any rules that specifically said that utilizing anime from other AMVs was a disqualification-based offense. However, I was uncomfortable with the idea, and the editors of the taken clips were not fans of their scenes being used. So at the time, my ruling was to permit video 19 to continue, but for all further rounds and POE contests to forbid such a practice.

However, Kitsuner brought to my attention that such a practice was against site upload rules. I read the upload rules, and it was indeed something that needed to be looked at. I was unsure, however, if the clips were merely raw footage being used from AMVs, or if parts of the editing had been used.

From there, I went from asking myself if it broke my contest rules into if it broke a-m-v.org rules. I consulted a moderator and was given the explanation that the clips utilized in video 19 indeed did contain elements of editing in them, and that consent must be obtained by the original creators before they could be used and uploaded to a-m-v.org. I consulted the original editors in question, and no consent would be given for various (justifiable) reasons.

As such, there was no consent given, meaning that this video could not be uploaded to a-m-v.org. As such, it violates my contest rules, which are means for disqualification.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”