Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Re: Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 am

Yeah, just the setting since it's all that's left when you take those two away. I haven't watched very much anime that's set in the medieval times with all the European-like architecture and the magicks and the sort. None that I can recall since Queen's Blade is the only one I can think of when it comes to that type of setting, anyways.
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:01 am

8bit_samurai wrote:Yeah, just the setting since it's all that's left when you take those two away. I haven't watched very much anime that's set in the medieval times with all the European-like architecture and the magicks and the sort. None that I can recall since Queen's Blade is the only one I can think of when it comes to that type of setting, anyways.
There's actually a surprising number of medieval anime around. Old school series like Bastard, slayers, scrapped princess the old Berserk series and new Berserk Movies (for god sake's watch the movies and shun the series). More recently you got claymore, wolf and spice, tears to tiara, zero no tsukaima, legend of legendary heroes. Those are all stuff that I can think off just off the top of my head. Do a google for medieval anime and you'll get a lot of results.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm

I actually got most of those on my to watch list. I guess I should move them up on that list, since I'm not watching anything that isn't current at the moment. I don't know why I haven't watched much medieval stuff, but I guess that'll be fixed here shortly.
Under Construction

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Most intelligent boobs in anime to date I suppose. Something unexpected from ARMS, the makers of Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, and a handful of other booty fest combat anime.

Take note, whenever they introduce a male protagonist, their anime starts getting quite awesome. Samurai Girls, Hagure Yuusha, and now Maoyuu.

Though the combat in this one is quite bland, aside from that one island war attack, the 'war' spoken of isn't shown onscreen very often.

Here's hoping that Lelouch and Kallen can actually get hooked up so to speak... :asd:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

TEKnician
Org Profile

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Post by TEKnician » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:42 am

Not enough action? Lets add a bipolar mage with multiple personality disorder, a nuclear explosion, and an awakened demon reincarnate with a scythe.

Good episode.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Yeah the mage's late intro was pretty awesome. Kinda sad having to see this end without knowing how the war goes after her return. Second season where?
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Good series, definitely incomplete, I really hope we can see a continuation like we did with wolf and spice, but I'm not going to get my hopes too high on that. This is a light novel series, it's slowly being translated so eventually I'll be able to pick up where this left off. I felt the confrontation between the hero and demon old demon king's was a bit anticlimactic. The whole thing lasted less than a minute before she broke free.

by the way, is there even a point in having battles when the hero can just shoot fricken death star sized plasma balls and lightning bolts. When they were fighting in the war earlier he should have been able to wipe out all the demon armies himself.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”