P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:51 pm

LopezAMV wrote:I've always felt that Sync/Editing should be worth 30 points and not 20, just a thought. :book:
I realize that that would push the overall score to 110, an easy fix would be to drop Visual/Audio down to 10 points. Or 25 Sync/Editing and 15 Visual/Audio.
10 Visual & 5 Audio sounds reasonable to me, since you'd have to fuck up pretty bad to not get full marks on Audio.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Pwolf wrote:Not to try and say what you are saying is wrong or unwarranted.. people, please try to do something different... but, all things considered, what anime you use or originality shouldn't be a factor in judging considering the judging rules have already been laid out, none of which mention originality or overused source:
Section 4 : Judging

Each video will be judged based upon the following criteria:

Concept: 20 Points
Visual/Audio: 20 Points
Sync/Editing: 20 Points
Theme Challenge: 20 Points
Overall: 20 Points

Concept: If the video has a point to it. Is it 3 minutes of footage slapped onto a song, or is there a purpose behind the editing? While it doesn't necessarily have to have a story, it should still have a purpose/theme behind it.

Visual/Audio: Technical aspect of the video. 10 points for visual and 10 points for audio. Is the footage as clean as it can be? Is the audio as script and clear as can be? Please be sure to take note that older sources will not be penalized for being an old source.

Sync/Editing: How well the video was edited/synced to the music. Does the video and music work well together? Did the editor actually edit the video?

Theme Challenge: How well the video addressed the theme challenge. Does the video attempt to take the challenge into account, or is it just a video for the sake of being a video?

Overall: How the video comes together as a whole. Does the editing/sync, the theme challenge, the technical qualities and the concept meld together well?
I know I'm not making it to the next round as I didn't have enough time to edit my video thoroughly but I certainly hope that all the judges are adhering to the rules that code gave you and making sure all videos are judged fairly under those guidelines.
Well I actually considered originality to be part of concept. There's the question of if the video has a concept, but then I also thought about if the concept is just something that's been done over and over.

Now if I should've just judged it based only on if there's a concept, then ill wait on code to say something and ill change my scores on that area.
ImageImage

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
LopezAMV wrote:I've always felt that Sync/Editing should be worth 30 points and not 20, just a thought. :book:
I realize that that would push the overall score to 110, an easy fix would be to drop Visual/Audio down to 10 points. Or 25 Sync/Editing and 15 Visual/Audio.
10 Visual & 5 Audio sounds reasonable to me, since you'd have to fuck up pretty bad to not get full marks on Audio.
The way I see it, the 20 points for Visual/Audio only come into play during the first two rounds. In the later rounds, after the less experienced editors are eliminated, these become freebies. It's like you said, an editor would have to fuck up pretty damn bad to lose a significant number of points..so why not place them in a category that could actually boost/hinder most submissions?

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:05 pm

SilverFreedoms wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:For the record (and because I'm sure it will be asked), the judges have until 11:59 PM CST tonight to get in their scores. I'll tally the scores tomorrow morning and release the second round as well as the round 1 results at the same time. So no need to stay up late tonight, official scores/stuff won't be up until tomorrow morning my time.
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/c ... ih_328.jpg
So much this.

Also, don't text and drive kids.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:11 pm

meleechampion wrote:Also, don't text and drive kids.
:nono:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Kimberly wrote: Well I actually considered originality to be part of concept. There's the question of if the video has a concept, but then I also thought about if the concept is just something that's been done over and over.
Originality, at least to me, is a very personal thing. Its completely based on perspective. Video quality, editing, concept and adherence to theme are all measurable traits are relatively universal between anyone whos ever edited. The only differences between judges would be their level of comprehension of each trait and their experiences. What i consider original and new will be different to your views. IMHO stuff like that shouldnt be a factor when judging. As a judge, I often give videos i dont like higher scores because the standards say i have to. My personal bias about source shouldnt factor into anything unless i am directed to by the coordinator... in which case i probably wouldn't judge.

Thats me though so if code has no problem, by all means. I just want a fair contest, wither or not ill make it past the current round. My personal opinion is that taking originality into account isn't fair. My only exception would to be use it only if you have two videos that are equally scored in all categories. This rarely happens.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Kimberly wrote: Well I actually considered originality to be part of concept. There's the question of if the video has a concept, but then I also thought about if the concept is just something that's been done over and over.
Originality, at least to me, is a very personal thing. Its completely based on perspective. Video quality, editing, concept and adherence to theme are all measurable traits are relatively universal between anyone whos ever edited. The only differences between judges would be their level of comprehension of each trait and their experiences. What i consider original and new will be different to your views. IMHO stuff like that shouldnt be a factor when judging. As a judge, I often give videos i dont like higher scores because the standards say i have to. My personal bias about source shouldnt factor into anything unless i am directed to by the coordinator... in which case i probably wouldn't judge.

Thats me though so if code has no problem, by all means. I just want a fair contest, wither or not ill make it past the current round. My personal opinion is that taking originality into account isn't fair. My only exception would to be use it only if you have two videos that are equally scored in all categories. This rarely happens.
Fair enough. I'll update my scores when I get home :p
ImageImage

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Quick, everybody haggle with the judges to improve your scores!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Kitsuner wrote:Quick, everybody haggle with the judges to improve your scores!
i have a bunch of 20's also... :ying:

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:Quick, everybody haggle with the judges to improve your scores!
i have a bunch of 20's also... :ying:
Sorry I only accept 100s
ImageImage

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”