2013 VCA General Discussions

Re: 2013 VCA General Discussions

Postby TritioAFB » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 pm

zibbazabba905 wrote:i usually see it as a first impression rating

Personally I have used this in the past, but still, you need additional views.

The first impression counts though
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby Bill Ein » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:15 pm

AMVnews.ru TOP (Best videos by favorites)

01. Umika, Zeus-san : Our Tapes
02. Umika : Metamorphose
03. S.A. Robert : Orion
04. qwaqa, Minstrell : PaperHeart
05. seriy : Affective Schoolgirls

06. Kitty-Galia : M.A.Tsuri
06. Otohiko - New Video (Новый клип)
08. Seliafel : The Shatters Of Reflection
09. MysteriousRyder : Ballad Of The Nice Guy
10. Shin-AMV : Magic Eye
11. Vlad G Pohnert : Once Upon A Time In Russia
12. Nostromo_vx : Quantum Ripples
13. Shin-AMV : Ivy Bridge
13. Kitty-Galia : In Terminis
13. siny : Age Of Man

16. Example : Voltage!
17. cheeseharry : My Sassy Girl(s)
18. Kitty-Galia : Saudade
18. [madaraxD], -Kyros-, OversoulZero, [key]Scarlet, diegao94, gabberMD, riccardocasu, xDieguitoAMV, xDreww : Time Out
20. drewaconclusion : A brainless video
20. qyll : Animegraphy 2012
22. LukeG : Beatcaster
23. Umika : Sincerity
24. Gidra : File 301
25. Uniquevil, Amattarui, Inneska, Leonifa, Kitty-Galia, LioSun, LIA : BabyLOLex: Shlicked
26. pacotacoshell : Abduction
27. S.A. Robert : Feel Love
28. Zeus-san : Wrong Door
28. Lucifer de Voland : Зайцев + 1
30. Fynjy : Retaliation
Bill Ein

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:15 pm

As always - Data to Reflect on

Nomination Round
* 3385 unique videos
* ??? unique editors (never wrote it down)

Semi-Final Round - 24 categories (552 slots)
* 130 Unique Editors (23.55%)
* 236 Unique Videos (42.75%)

- If we take "First Video" out for artificially propping up the numbers, we get a more complete look at things, with almost exactly 20% unique editors and 40% unique videos.
- - This means the average semi-finalists has been nominated for 5 awards over 2.5 videos.

Spoiler :
For comparison - last year's were:
26.7% Unique Editors
42.5% Unique Videos

Bare minimum (taking into account the categories that actually are mutually exclusive pairs like collab + MEP, effects + no-effects, single source + multi-source, and special cases like first video and lip-sync and assuming an average category size of 22) is....

Editors = 23 / (22*24) = 4.63%
Videos = 3*22 / 22*24 = 12.50%

So we still have a little ways to go before we can get rid of all these pesky categories, but I think we're up to the challenge.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby ProjectBarcodeError » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:40 pm

As many may have noticed, there's actually a drama about the massive nominations of people in certain category, the focus being mainly on Rising Production's studio. For example: "Best Storyline" contains 13 nominations from RP members, with Kyros having 7 nominations.Most RP members actually recognized it was surprising for them.

but i'm not here to start a trial or trolling/laughing/yelling.

I would like to propose something in order to reduce such massive impact on the categories: For each editor, there would be a maximum of 2 (number subject to change, of course) entries possible in each categories. The 2 entries would be the most voted of all the potentially qualified videos . Let's say, for example, that Editor A have 4 entries which have enough votes to be qualified as semi-finalist. Then, only the 2 most voted will be qualified, the other 2 being removed.

Why would that help?
-Offering more place to others entries made by different editors, even if they are not finalist-worthy. Giving a bit more of screen time and views for more obscure editors.
-Avoid "cannibalisation" of Editor A. Since the finalists are determined by 5 max votes and the winner by one vote, it would be a disavantage for the editor having too much entries because his votes would be divided, then giving more chance to his opponents to reach a single, yet bigger number and win. Having less entries reduce the division of votes.

Sure, some will say "But i loooove all the 3-4 videos Editor A have made", but there's only one first place. Why not pick the best from his/her best entries ?

Just trying to propose something...
ProjectBarcodeError

Postby AceD » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Well, i did raise this as well....there is a huge influx of videos from a single studio effectively pushing out all other videos. I have nothing against Raising Production but as a neutral looking in....it looks like complete bollocks.

At first i assumed it to be friend voting....but then you have the admin on amvnews posting information about multiple accounts voting only on RP videos....up to 20 socket accounts at a time?

It's no wonder people are skeptical, most are saying nothing :roll: ....but it all looks dodgy as fuck.

AceD
I AM THE BEST

Postby Bill Ein » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:58 am

AND DON'T SEE S.A. Robert : Orion
Bill Ein

Postby [key]Scarlet » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:34 am

Here on the Org I only have this account. And in the VCA I only voted for the videos I thought could deserve the semifinals, my friends' ones included.
[key]Scarlet
the world that never was

2013 VCA General Discussions

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:58 am

Considering the amount of some videos from certain foreign editors that do not have a stronghold in the North American community, it does arouse some suspicion.
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby Radical_Yue » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:38 pm

Ok.

So we are looking into this. While this is actually a very common thing for larger studios with more members voting for each other to have multiple videos make it into the semifinals, due to the number of complaints we've received we'll be having a little investigation.

We're doing this in an innocent until proven guilty way, so please calm yo' selves people. If there is any problem we will be taking care of it.
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Bill Ein » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Bill Ein

Postby Bill Ein » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:50 pm

bad joke, I known...
Bill Ein

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

[key]Scarlet wrote:Here on the Org I only have this account. And in the VCA I only voted for the videos I thought could deserve the semifinals, my friends' ones included.

Not saying you are guilty or anything, but the fact that videos from your studio that apparently dominated this round seems a bit odd since there are a huge gap in the hits/views/ratings from the videos from your studio and those of the other simi-finalists. If you legitimately rounded up friends and fans to vote there should be no issue. Most every studio will vote for each other to a certain extent as the members tend to have the same taste in videos and the way they are edited.

That aside, I don't get why anyone would try to cheat anyways, it's just a contest for bragging rights amongst others in the community. The whole payoff of this contest is the fact you know that everyone else enjoyed one or more of your videos more than the others for the year. Cheating in this type of contest with no actual prize is rather idiotic as you pretty much nullify the prize itself.
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 AnimeMusicVideos.Org Viewer's Choice Awards