Member of the week !

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Re: Member of the week !

Post by dokidoki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:10 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:OH SHI- Doki's here. Thread just got real.
I prefer virtual threads.
What's your least favorite versioning system?
document_last_version_no_this_time_i_mean_it_FINAL2a1qq.doc

I've only really used P4/VSS/SVN/Git. VSS wasn't great, but I remember more annoyance with P4.

Can I give a shoutout to worst save mechanism? Sonic Scenarist... Autosaves after every action, with no undo. There was a lot of copying to backup files going on.
What are your top 5 favorite comedy vids?
All of mine lol. :P

(Re-)Watching the videos to come up with this list is more AMVs than I've watched in years... so they're fairly old, sorry. Also some of them aren't necessarily "high-larious", but I like them because they're fun/rewatchable. And more than five because I can't count.
Here you go, I've added YouTube links because Nago is still down. :(

Woolongs For Nothing / YouTube
We All Live In Azumerica! / YouTube
Anime Couch Potato / YouTube
Ballad of the Mid Boss / YouTube
daydream / YouTube
Pokemon - Bitches / YouTube
Still Preoccupied with 1985 / YouTube
I'm On A Blimp
The crazy-ass Totoro MAD I showed at AWA one year

If you want to see other random videos I find amusing, I've added them 'cause I can:
What's the coolest project you've worked on?
The things I think others would think are cool:
Raze's Hell: Twisted ("monster" kills "cute things") FPS with a dose of Iraq War satire. (including the Iraqi Information Minister) Unfortunately I didn't have a large role in this. It was for Xbox, but is 360-compatible. I really like the trailer which is halfway between cool and cheesy.

Atari Smash: Unfortunately cancelled in beta, this was shaping up to be a spiffy Atari-themed Mario Party-style game. I worked on about 30 "microgames" for this based on Atari properties. (think Warioware-length)

The things I think are cool: Despite the difficulties I'm having, what I'm working on now.
Showdown: It's "just a card game", but it's the first real-time networked multiplayer game I've worked on so it's a learning experience. It's neat seeing it come together.

Office Attacks: Office-themed tower defence game. It was delayed due to Showdown (which was client work), but I wrote a SWF parser/renderer which should reduce the app size by over 100MB. (significant for mobile)
What's the dumbest coding mistake you'd ever admit to making?
When I was young and just starting out (VIC-20/BASIC days), I thought that "REM" meant that the computer could understand the English words after it. If only...
Why does my phone always screw up editing posts and jump the cursor to a random point on the screen?
Because your phone hates you.
Sorry for the wait. I hope there are some videos here that people haven't seen.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:11 am

Ileia wrote:"Hai haaaaai, Doki desu!"
Oh yeah! :asd:
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:01 am

do you still make AMVs?
why did you choose dokidoki as username?

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:16 am

Nope.
I thought it was a neat-sounding Japanese onomatopoeia. The butterfly logo is because one translation I read was "to have butterflies in ones stomach".
Image Image Image

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:26 am

How did you get into AMVs? Did you make your own before finding out other people made them too?

Of all the MEPs you've participated in, which one did you enjoy the most (because of the group, the concept, the video itself, whatever)?

Did you ever feel restricted from making serious videos by your reputation as the "comedy video guy"?
dokidoki wrote:The butterfly logo is because one translation I read was "to have butterflies in ones stomach".
That's pretty clever. I never even thought of that.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:12 pm

Kitsuner wrote:How did you get into AMVs? Did you make your own before finding out other people made them too?
I don't remember what the first one I saw was, but it was probably either on a fansub tape or one of the few files you could find online. (around '96-'97 I think) Then I started in '98.
Of all the MEPs you've participated in, which one did you enjoy the most (because of the group, the concept, the video itself, whatever)?
I think Conet because the concept was so out there, and it was really fun trying to make something funny out of something so abstract. And I could remix the audio as I pleased to make a "story".

Runner up would be Jet Set Radio Project (my segment) because I like JSR/F and it was fun replicating the effects from the game. I was surprised nobody else in the project added any grafitti. (that I recall)
Did you ever feel restricted from making serious videos by your reputation as the "comedy video guy"?
No. I've made a few, but generally they don't interest me as much. (making them, that is)
dokidoki wrote:The butterfly logo is because one translation I read was "to have butterflies in ones stomach".
That's pretty clever. I never even thought of that.
Here's the (educational) comic where I saw it: link
Image Image Image

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:54 pm

My time is up... I choose you!

Radical_Yue!

Why so radical? Image
Image Image Image

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Y u e?
What made you start AMVs?
:dino: :shark: :bear: :sorcerer: :awesome: :ying: ?
How are you today?

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:56 pm

WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE???????????????? <3

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Why is it a pair of jeans if two legs go in them, but it isn't a pair of bras when it holds two boobs?

Return to “General Discussion”