The Disney MEP IV : The Magic Continues

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP IV : The Magic Continues

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:58 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Bug Hunt: Wait, are these both Full Metal Alchemist? Err... Can I assume they're going to use different scenes? Otherwise, nice start.
I totally admit to abusing a loophole there, lol. But they won't have a single scene in common so don't worry.

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:19 pm

CodeZTM wrote: The Mushi's Voice: Very dramatic and touching. The two match very well together. Although it seems very short. Is that the whole song?
yea sadly that's the whole song. :(
ImageImage
ImageImage

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:02 pm

Time for me to finish up the rest of the reviews. :3
Spoiler :
EkaCoralian
Touch The Sky- Looks wonderful so far! <3 Such beautiful source quality!
SatoshiSakura
Something There- Eeeee, this song and this series will turn out ultimately adorable. You've got a good start!
moezy chan
A Whole New World- I can't tell you how much this kills me in the feels and nostalgia department. Like you, I love Chibi-usa/Helios and SuperS is one of my favorite seasons. ^^ Sadly now it says on the DropBox link that I can't view the file. :( But I did see it before and I had nothing to say but "AWWWW". Great job! ^^
Angeldragoon
Married Life- Y U MAKE ME CRY?! ;w; In all seriousness, this was wonderful. Spot on timing/flow and wonderful footage quality. :up: I love it.
EimiJ7
Glory Days- Looking forward to seeing more of this. :awesome:
SVProductions
Heart's Desire- A lovely combination of footage and music choice. You're doing a great job setting up the atmosphere and using scenes for emotional storytelling. What Angeldragoon said about some overlays/cuts is worth looking into. This looks promising though. <3

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:23 am

CodeZTM wrote:A whole New World Beta 4: I think it's getting ready to be finalized. Looking sharp! I think that when Jasmine starts singing, it could be a bit more impactful instead of her just spinning in a bit late (maybe bring her in a few seconds earlier?), but otherwise I love it!
Thanks! Fixed up that one part. Hope that it can be finalized now~
A Whole New World- I can't tell you how much this kills me in the feels and nostalgia department. Like you, I love Chibi-usa/Helios and SuperS is one of my favorite seasons. ^^ Sadly now it says on the DropBox link that I can't view the file. :( But I did see it before and I had nothing to say but "AWWWW". Great job! ^^
Updated the document folder with a new link so you should be able to see it now~ and self promoting myself a bit XD but I have 2 other ChibiHeli amvs on my youtube channel XD I truly love ChibiHeli and had so much fun making this so I'm glad you enjoyed it!
AngelDragoon wrote:A Whole New World Proof-
The fact that these two things fit so well together should be criminal. Just adorable, and no complaints here editing wise.
They really should XD but it was too good to pass up and I just had to edit this! Even if it is overedited to death...XD but thanks!

And for my reviews:
Spoiler :
CodeZTM
Friend Like Me: Honestly really epic XD You really outdid yourself this time Code! My only criticism is the parts with Kyubi are rather slow. Most of them are of just him sitting and smiling. Maybe zoom out or something cause when those parts come they rather disrupt the flow of the amv since the song is really fast.

hamstar138
Les Poisson: Oh God you're sadistic Hamstar! So horribly sadistic! And yet...it fits...to say I enjoyed it would be admitting that I'm sadistic too XD so instead I'll say that the editing is really good XD

Farewell/Final: So beautiful...and yet so tragic. This is a really drastic change from Les Poisson XD but I liked it. Really dramatic and heartwrenching. Looking forward to seeing the completed version!

Listen With Your Heart: Never seen this anime before so I can't really give too much feedback but it's well edited and fits the flow of the music well. Only thing I have to critique for it is the same as Code's. It's too short but I know that's not your fault. It's just hard for me to appreciate it cause I don't know the plot and it's hard to connect with the character since I don't know his story.

Fathoms Below: I'm going to be bluntly honest...I didn't care for this one. While your word matching is spot on the flow is not that good. I've never seen One Piece but I know that it is the longest running anime, aside from Pokemon, and you dragged the clips out too much. I'd recommend putting more clips in to speed up the pace of the amv.

God Help the Outcasts: Looking forward to seeing this one completed <3 Furuba is one of my absolute favorite series and I'm hopefully anticipating a group amv of it XD showing all of the Zodiac. One thing I'd like to suggest 0:14 "Yes I know I'm just an outcast." I got an image for that. When she's a little girl and she's playing the game Fruits Basket and she isn't picked. I think that'd fit that lyric perfectly!

Vej
Tatami Girl: Interesting track...XD never seen the anime but from how you portrayed it in the amv it certainly fits the song!

Dream is a Wish: OMG THAT WAS TOO FREAKIN' ADORABLE! Seen this anime and so far I love the track! Now fangirling aside XD 0:09-0:14 too slow. Add effects or more clips or something cause this part is too slow especially with all those prominent beats and 0:17-0:24 is too slow. Speed those parts up and it'll be perfect~ Looking forward to seeing the completed version! Also hoping that you'll add Alto-kun XD cause the love triangle is what the anime is all about!

Zanzaben Fantasmic: I've been meaning to see this anime...this beta has made me want to see it even more XD Only criticism is the lip flap at 0:33 but besides that it looks good!

HagarenViper
Wreak Creation: Honestly no criticism Daff XD Glad to see there's at least 1 action amv in the Disney MEP! Don't expect one from me though XD I suck at action...

Wreak it: One word for this, funny XD Never seen FMA so no real criticism for either tracks but they look good and you're spot on with your lyric matching!

EkaCoralian Touch the Sky: See told you it'd fit! XD Not much to criticize since it's so short but I'm looking forward to seeing the completed version Eka!

SatoshiSakura Something There: First thing I noticed...please fix the AR. The amv is well made but the AR completely ruins it...try making it widescreen instead of putting fullscreen footage into a widescreen format. Fix that and remove some of the lip flap and the amv will improve tremendously.

AngelDragoon Currently downloading your beta now but it's taking forever...once it's downloaded I'll give you a proper review!

EimiJ7 Glory Days: This be epic XD Never seen the anime but you certainly did a good job portraying it!

Camichan19
Evangeline: Yet another interesting anime...XD haven't seen this anime either but from what I can see it certainly fits the song!

Friend in Me: Really good editing on this one! On my own personal note I'm not a big fan of shounen-ai but you did a really good job of portraying the anime in this amv. Continue the good work!

SVProductions Hearts Desire: Never seen this anime but you did a really good job portraying and it flowed quite well~ No criticism.

°Vej°
Org Profile

Post by °Vej° » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:21 am

Guess I have to write something too. I'm not very good at this, so don't expect extraordinary reviews :sweat:
And I'll fixed up the vids with your advices :up:
Spoiler :
Code : Ahah, omg! Looks great so far, fits so well to QB!

Hamstar
Les Possion : Mion's laugh always makes me laugh too, great job overall!
Farewell/Final : Aah, Air, maybe the first subbed anime that I've seen.. Even if some parts are a little static, I really love it from 1:00 onwards
Listen With Your Heart : Great choice of audio/video sources, and it reminds me that I have to watch Mushishi
Fathoms Below : Oh, didn' remember this song! Looking good, liked it
God Help The Outcasts : That's nice, didn't expected this could fit like this, want to see the vid complete!

Vej : KEEP ON WORKING, YOU LAZY *******!

Zanzaben : Looking good this far, love the clock's part!

Hagaren Viper
WreckCreation : Looking great thus far, nice job!
Wreck it : Seems funny, want to see more!

Eka : Hope you can finish it soon, looks really great so far, can't wait to see more!

SatoshiSakura: Cute! I haven't see the anime but seems to fit very well the song

Moezy-chan : Absolutely cute, and the sources fits so well, nice job!

AngelDragoon : Aww, tha's so cu..wait..WAIT! TEEEAAARS.

EimiJ7 : Just a perfect combination of audio/video sources, well done!

Camichan19
Evangeline: Looking good so far, love the parts with the lights on the wall, they remind the scenes with the stars and the water lillies in the movie
Friends in me: Just as previously said, absolutely nice! Really love it!

SVProduction : Maybe some parts are too long or static, but overall looks good, especially the atmosphere
If you can dream it you can do it an AMV

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:J Not sure if has been adressed but the flat at the 0:15 area really bugs me.
not gonna lie Hagaren....i'm a little confused right here what you mean by flat.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Er, flap*. Lip flap.

Welcome to me and my constant typos :U

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Friend in Me: Really good editing on this one! On my own personal note I'm not a big fan of shounen-ai but you did a really good job of portraying the anime in this amv. Continue the good work!
Ah, it isn't a shounen-ai series- they truly are just best of friends. x3 and I really aim to portray that here so thank you for your review! :D Also I highly recommend watching the show if you haven't seen it. :up:
And thank you Vej!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am

Camichan19 wrote:
Ah, it isn't a shounen-ai series- they truly are just best of friends. x3 and I really aim to portray that here so thank you for your review! :D Also I highly recommend watching the show if you haven't seen it. :up:
And thank you Vej!
I find it absolutely hilarious that now that my Mamodo story trilogy is over, Camichan brings us back to Toy Story 1 :rofl:

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 pm

HAHA Erik...xD; it only makes it proper that you've helped me the most through beta-ing throughout my work on it, then. x3 :D
Toy Story shall live ONNNNNN! XD

*EDIT: a rough but full beta version is up~ missing a bit of masking at the end to a final shot but I have plans for that. :book:

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”