Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 won't allow serial number entry

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 won't allow serial number entry

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:21 pm

So I just bought this program, brand new, fresh out of the box, and I installed it with no error messages or hang ups. When it prompted the serial number entry, I started to type and... nothing. It just doesn't register that I'm typing. Obviously, my keyboard works, or I wouldn't be typing this. I tried a good, old-fashioned reboot and still nothing. If I jam a bunch of numbers at once, I can see one flicker for a second, but it immediately deletes itself. NumLock doesn't make a difference. Google and the Magix site isn't turning up anything useful, either. Suggestions?

PS: System is Windows 7.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Re: Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 won't allow serial number entry

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:25 pm

Good God, nevermind. That was stupid. The thing is fucked up in some way, but I got around it with a simple copypasta from a text document. Seriously, what the hell, Magix? This is not the way to start a good relationship.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun May 19, 2013 5:14 am

it's up to 14 now? I have Movie Edit Pro 13 Plus and thought it was the most recent...

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Sun May 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Actually, there past v17 (or at least that's the last version I used when making the video tutorials on AMVGuide). These days, it seems like they've done away with version numbers and simply use Year to denote the software version. So they call it Magix Movie Edit Pro 2013 now. But I have no clue if the newest versions are any good.

Not that it matters much to me. As long as the footage is frame-accurate and scrubs nicely in the timeline, I rarely use any of the effects features anyway.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Return to “Video Editing Software”