Presenting: "I'm An Asshole" (Kyou Souma version!)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Link and Luigi
Org Profile

Presenting: "I'm An Asshole" (Kyou Souma version!)

Post by Link and Luigi » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:39 pm

This is my FIRST EVER music video but I am very happy with the ending results. To download it, go to this link: http://philosophy.gafware.com/images/AM ... 0(Kyo).avi

If that doesn't work, tell me and I'll try to fix it or something. I'm new at this site and even though it may seem SO obvious to some people, I must be missing SOMETHING because I'm having some trouble.

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:33 pm

What kind of codec do you have for it? I downloaded it and it seemed to download fine but won't read in either media player or the divx player. Is the copy available for download corrupted somehow?

SpiXe
Org Profile

Alright

Post by SpiXe » Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:23 pm

Hey there.
Brand new to the forum and to everything about this web site in general. But have loved custom music video's, especially anime's, for quite some time and finally made a premeired my own (right above you). Heres is my rating on yours.

Video compression was a little much for me, I know you had to keep it small, but IMHO (i'm sure this total differs from others, and thats ok) I'd rather use more harddrive space for a crisp picture then to have a faster download and blocky video.
In general, there were scenes with talking characters, and no lyrics in the song, thus letting me think theres something i'm missing. And the lipsyncing was apparently not suppose to be all great and lined up, so its not like you didn't do a good job with lip sync, its basically because you didn't really try to sync it in the first place.
Song was slow at first, but around the one minute part I picked up on how it matched with the video and that held me interest. Long 4 minute song in general though, got sorta drawn out once Dennis Leary (thats the singer right? I love that guy) starts talking.
Also theres nothing you can do about it so i'm not blaming you, but those subtitles sucked in the video. It also made it very obvious when there were little half second clips thrown in way to fast for the eye to catch and realize what it was, so they shouldn't have been in there because as far as we see its just a flash, but the subtitles made those more apparent flashing in and out like that.

Alot of the review there was based on FAQ's I've read about "What makes a good AMV", but like I said i'm a beginner myself, so i except to get alot of criticism too. Your video was vaguely creative though, and you picked good clips to good with good lyrics. With better video quality and more practice I could except your next video to be good. Goodluck to you :wink:

Spi}{e
Someday I'll actually be creative and think of a signature...

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:02 pm

Misty: It seems to be Windows Media Video 7. (VirtualDub wouldn't load it -- said it was an ASF)

SpiXe: It's "Denis". (I made the same mistake at first)
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:10 pm

ahh thank you dokidoki ^_^

I had the feeling it wasn't corrupt from the fact someone could watch it. Guess it's time to update....*gets newspaper and sandwich and prepares for wait*

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”