AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: AMV Contest

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:02 pm

GeneralGuyAmv wrote:Wow, this sure suck. Thanks for the feedback, it's always cool to know how a broadcast really went. Now, I don't want to blame anyone here, but if there is some good amv maker or people that actually dealed with a real amv contest near that con, it cost nothing to give some good tips for next year for them to do better than this.
Why that sounds ideal, half the time these inexperienced people tend to be stubborn and do not listen. I've been trying to give feedback to the Animazment AMV staff for the past 3 years and every time they have ignored me. Sadly, the contest has gotten worse every year, and last year were it not for several of us from the org being at the con no one would have known the winners (there's also the fact that they didn't communicate to anyone...contact the winners...and the fact that they lost videos that were submitted! Wooo!).
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

GeneralGuyAmv
Org Profile

Post by GeneralGuyAmv » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:19 pm

I totally agree with your point, this is a problem I had to deal with a lot (well, mostly every years of Otakuthon I rant and it's fun) but with some convention, there was a bit of success with giving feedback and tips.

But I mean...gosh, not using MPC player is beyond f..., well you sure get my point. It's too bad some amv contest goes like that since it's one of the few moment were we share our passion with a lot of people in real life! Maybe we need a guide on how not to fail an amv contest :rofl:. Either way, this thread is delicious.

Ah yes, while we talk about this contest, I know a comedy amv I sent got disqualified...maybe they don't like potatoes...

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Lack of prep work and effort here big time.

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:54 pm

SprinkleSprankles
Org Profile